Photo
- - - - -

Sorenson says Gettis "Perpetually" Open in Tuesday's Camp.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

#121 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

so 3 picks in 10 years on a position that has gotten worse is not exactly fixing either. Jarrett was a bust, and Edwards is 4 years in, and finally starting to look like a #3 WR. again, this position has been ignored by this organization for to many years and it shows. every team does not use 1st rounders on WRs, but some of the most successful teams in today's NFL do invest in the position a lot and early. TEs should be included as well. i did this in another thread, but look at the teams in the playoffs last year WR/ TE depth and when these players were drafted?

if you believe we only used 3 picks at wr in 10 years i have nothing left for our conversation.

#122 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

using 2nd and 3rd round draft picks on wr's aren't necessarily duct tape fixes, maybe guys like dj hacket or keyshawn or older Moose may be, but not every team uses their first round picks on wr's.

if you believe we only used 3 picks at wr in 10 years i have nothing left for our conversation.

that was in response to investing early in the position, which has only been 3 times in the past 10 years. again with 1 bust, and 1 guy who is just not contributing to the position after 4 years. the panthers got extremely lucky with picking Smith in the 3rd, and thought they could keep investing in mid-late round picks for a diamond in the rough. that only works when you have scouts who can find talent at that position.