#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Max Henson of panthers.com gives a fairly short wrap-up of what was learned in camp. Read the black and white, or in between the lines.  The whole short article is worth posting, but that doesn't constitute fair use, so hit the link.

Some tidbits that I gleaned (which most of us already know):

• Armanti is a lock to make the team (like Sorenson pretty much said)
  • Mitchell is going to be the starting Strong Safety
  • Garry Williams is apparently a starting caliber guard.
  • "Front 7 Good As Advertised" 

The most telling, hopeful, and entertaining quote was in regards to AE by LaFell (who also had an excellent camp):

"Armanti has been pushing me the most," LaFell said. "Every time I go out there and make a play, he'll come back and make a play and everybody will forget about what I did. 

#2 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

I love this team.

It's going to be absolutely thrilling to watch this team.

On offense.

On defense.

Dare I say...special teams.

I'm ready!!!!!

#3 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

I wonder why we haven't heard more about Cam progressing as a QB in TC? What I mean is getting better as a field general (i.e. reading defenses, pocket presence, precision) I know the team and organization are probably tired of media's addiction with making Cam look like a bum so maybe they just get tired of even bringing him up.

I'm glad he has improved as a leader b/c he def. needed to improve in that area, but idk.....

Did any of you guys have expectations like this? What do you guys think? Maybe its just too early to tell or maybe he has and he has just fallen under the radar with AE's performance and other TC buzz.

#4 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

That was a pretty good article I can't wait to watch them tomorrow. I hope they keep improving because the more people that step up the better the team will be as a whole.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,133 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

awesome. i expect to see a caliber of team on the field we haven't witness for half a decade or more.

#6 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:35 PM

Armanti...even as a WCU grad...

tumblr_mp5g27GZKo1s3ie8xo1_500.gif

#7 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

I wonder why we haven't heard more about Cam progressing as a QB in TC? What I mean is getting better as a field general (i.e. reading defenses, pocket presence, precision) I know the team and organization are probably tired of media's addiction with making Cam look like a bum so maybe they just get tired of even bringing him up.

I'm glad he has improved as a leader b/c he def. needed to improve in that area, but idk.....

Did any of you guys have expectations like this? What do you guys think? Maybe its just too early to tell or maybe he has and he has just fallen under the radar with AE's performance and other TC buzz.

There have been reports of improved accuracy.. Just probably not as volumized as the armanti/Barner hype. Jonathan Jones said recently that cam and smitty have had great chemistry in camp and cam hasn't a missed a throw or even threw behind him smitty once in the past few weeks.. Also from my view , besides the pick 6, he looked much improved as a field general in the few snaps he played in.

#8 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

If you are out of the viewing area and cannot watch the game, shoot me a message and ill be glad to help you out!

#9 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

I think that while Cam undoubtedly has room to grow and improve, the biggest weakness of this team has been in other areas. If you look at what Cam accomplished over the last two seasons, it must be apparent to anyone that if our defense had been able to stop our opponents, if our STs had been able to give us decent field position and deny it to the other guys, and if the injury bug had not depleted our arsenal of first-team weapons, things would likely have been greatly different. Perhaps the focus on Panthers named something other than Cam is a recognition that no one man can make us a winner, that it is indeed a team sport, and we finally might be acquiring the other pieces to take this team and fan base places.

#10 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,411 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

no way this is true...everyone on this board watched this get beat like a drum last year. i think he was bench mid game once.

#11 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

I think that while Cam undoubtedly has room to grow and improve, the biggest weakness of this team has been in other areas. If you look at what Cam accomplished over the last two seasons, it must be apparent to anyone that if our defense had been able to stop our opponents, if our STs had been able to give us decent field position and deny it to the other guys, and if the injury bug had not depleted our arsenal of first-team weapons, things would likely have been greatly different. Perhaps the focus on Panthers named something other than Cam is a recognition that no one man can make us a winner, that it is indeed a team sport, and we finally might be acquiring the other pieces to take this team and fan base places.

Also, if we could run the ball efficiently. We got a lot of yards from big plays but would stall. It makes our run game look good on paper but in all actuality it was ineffective as far as keeping drives alive and keeping the defense off balance. We need to be able to sustain drives to keep control of the game . The end of the season is a good example of efficiency in the run game.

#12 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

no way this is true...everyone on this board watched this get beat like a drum last year. i think he was bench mid game once.

It obviously is true or they wouldn't make him the starting guard. He has looked awesome in TC and in his first preseason game. 

#13 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,918 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Makes more sense that we released Hangartner if Williams is looking that good.

#14 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

<p>

That was last year, players improve ya know

#15 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Makes more sense that we released Hangartner if Williams is looking that good.

we need all the depth on the O Line we can get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com