Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

what does the NCAA say tho?

#3 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,630 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

Lol, it was leaked by a UNC professor who attended a retreat with Cunningham.  I'm pretty sure that retard is going to be fired today.

#4 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Its called PR. And it looks like it worked judging on how the media ran with it. Bubba did the same thing during the football scandal. He proclaimed that based on what he knew UNC would NOT receive a postseason bowl ban. Guess what happened?

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

So you think this was a PR move?  By the school?  Really, you believe that?

#6 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

So you think this was a PR move? By the school? Really, you believe that?

A PR move by the AD telling some big time unc donors that PJ WILL play this season? Of course, what else is he going to tell them? Bubba doesn't know if PJ will even be deemed eligible by the NCAA so yeah I think him saying that is a PR move.

#7 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

From all I've read and heard about this situation, I'd say Bubba is probably spot on with his assessment.  I don't think the NCAA will hand down anything, but I do think that the school will probably hold PJ out until January.

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

Its called PR. And it looks like it worked judging on how the media ran with it. Bubba did the same thing during the football scandal. He proclaimed that based on what he knew UNC would NOT receive a postseason bowl ban. Guess what happened?

The only way Hairston does not suit up against Duke and NCState this year is if the NCAA finds a legitimate booster link between Hairston, Thomas, and/or Blackstock. This is a fact. The gun/weed thing has been dropped and is no longer an issue. 

The only other way Hairston is thrown off the team is he continues his foolish behavior and is cited/arrested again before the season starts up in a few months....which is certainly a possibility based on his track record. 

#9 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

From all I've read and heard about this situation, I'd say Bubba is probably spot on with his assessment.  I don't think the NCAA will hand down anything, but I do think that the school will probably hold PJ out until January.

Why?  So a player receives impermissible benefits and the NCAA just looks the other way?  CJ Leslie got a suspension for borrowing a friends car and PJ has gotten tickets twice in rentals that were from a felon.  I am not real sure how you think that the NCAA doesn't do anything.

#10 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

The only way Hairston does not suit up against Duke and NCState this year is if the NCAA finds a legitimate booster link between Hairston, Thomas, and/or Blackstock. This is a fact. The gun/weed thing has been dropped and is no longer an issue. 

The only other way Hairston is thrown off the team is he continues his foolish behavior and is cited/arrested again before the season starts up in a few months....which is certainly a possibility based on his track record. 

The weed and gun were never an NCAA issue, they were a school issue, and from the beginning unc made it apparent they weren't an issue.  The problem is the rental cars and them being an impermissible benefit and that's what the NCAA cares about.  Eric Prisbell has another story about the PJ situation that's about to drop so it will be interesting to see what new info he found. 

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

In my honest opinion, and this is based on what we know now and that there won't be:

1. evidence he's taking money from boosters

2. he gets arrested or continues to get caught breaking the law

He'll miss 2-6 games. If I had to guess an exact number, I'd probably say 5. Game #6 is against MSU in the ACC/B10 showdown. 

He's suspended now "indefinitely" so it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Williams reinstated him after missing a few of the warm up games in November, citing that "PJ has served his suspension" ...etc 

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

The weed and gun were never an NCAA issue, they were a school issue, and from the beginning unc made it apparent they weren't an issue.  The problem is the rental cars and them being an impermissible benefit and that's what the NCAA cares about.  Eric Prisbell has another story about the PJ situation that's about to drop so it will be interesting to see what new info he found. 

The school has the power to kick an athlete off the team as they see fit. It's funny how nobody cares about the gun/dope now when in fact they were just as much of a problem for the program as the car is/was. It also amazes me how the police weren't able to pin that gun on anyone in the car. 

I'm not arguing about Hairston getting suspended because it's certainly going to happen. It's just a matter of how many games. 

That Thomas dude is obviously a criminal and him lawyering up was a good thing. He doesn't have to talk to ANYONE and it's certainly now what you know it's what you can prove. Ask Lance Thomas. 

#13 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

In my honest opinion, and this is based on what we know now and that there won't be:

1. evidence he's taking money from boosters

2. he gets arrested or continues to get caught breaking the law

He'll miss 2-6 games. If I had to guess an exact number, I'd probably say 5. Game #6 is against MSU in the ACC/B10 showdown. 

He's suspended now "indefinitely" so it wouldn't surprise me if Coach Williams reinstated him after missing a few of the warm up games in November, citing that "PJ has served his suspension" ...etc 

I agree if it's left up to roy he misses no more then 5 games but 1.  Will it be left up to roy and 2.  If it is left up to roy do you risk playing him when he is being investigated for impermissible benefits, because that could cost you to forfeit games he played in if he is eventually ruled ineligible.  

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

The school has the power to kick an athlete off the team as they see fit. It's funny how nobody cares about the gun/dope now when in fact they were just as much of a problem for the program as the car is/was. It also amazes me how the police weren't able to pin that gun on anyone in the car. 

I'm not arguing about Hairston getting suspended because it's certainly going to happen. It's just a matter of how many games. 

That Thomas dude is obviously a criminal and him lawyering up was a good thing. He doesn't have to talk to ANYONE and it's certainly now what you know it's what you can prove. Ask Lance Thomas. 

It's also amazing how PJ, being the driver, gets all his charges dropped while the other guys don't.  Driver who doesn't have a license stops short of a checkpoint and switches seats with a passenger, weed found in the car and more weed and a gun found outside the car and the driver gets off while the other two passengers don't.

You are right Fats doesn't have to talk but Faulcon's mother is very upset about PJ getting off and her son getting convicted so I think that she has talked with Prisbell and that is what his next story is about and if she knows some of unc's "secrets" it could get very interesting.

#15 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

I agree if it's left up to roy he misses no more then 5 games but 1.  Will it be left up to roy and 2.  If it is left up to roy do you risk playing him when he is being investigated for impermissible benefits, because that could cost you to forfeit games he played in if he is eventually ruled ineligible.  

NCAA takes forever on crap like this. Miami still is being investigated and there's a good chance those official NCAA sanctions may never even happen now. 

Like I said, and I'm standing by this, Hairston suits up for Duke/NCSU next season unless a legitimate booster/$$$ link between he/hairston/blackstock is PROVEN or he continues his reckless summer of not giving a fug. 

On another note - did you miss me while I was on my little huddle timeout?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.