Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanceUSMC

UNC AD says PJ Hairston will play this season

87 posts in this topic

Lol - lets be honest here. Many, many, many NCAA d1 athletes would not be at their institution if it weren't for basketball or football. There's a reason they are usually more lenient with grades/GPA.

It makes you really marvel at what schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern are achieving. Those are excellent institutions that have extremely difficult standards. It's also a great place to look for coaches because if you can be successful there, you can usually find a more lucrative job.

You left out Duke!

Why? So a player receives impermissible benefits and the NCAA just looks the other way? CJ Leslie got a suspension for borrowing a friends car and PJ has gotten tickets twice in rentals that were from a felon. I am not real sure how you think that the NCAA doesn't do anything.

CJ Leslie thing is different. It is not a slam dunk that PJ even committed a violation at all although I would say it is likely.

And if the NCAA says he didn't do anything I look forward to the collective rage of rival fans and media over it. If you read and know the NCAA rule book, even if Fatts rented him the car and PJ admits it, that still doesn't mean that a violation took place

BTW, I know i am late to this party, but Dan Kane and the N&O has been nothing short of Fox Newsian in their coverage of the AFAM stuff.

They have misrepresented facts, twisted quotes, and only sought out like minded experts to quote about the issue.

It has been one of the more deplorable pieces of journalism I have ever seen.

ACC Media Day is a week from today, followed by the first UNC men's basketball which is a week from tomorrow. 

Gotta feeling we will hear something this week. 

Maybe it will be Prisbell's article "that is about to drop." 

Marcus Paige speaks to ESPN about PJ:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9714798/unc-tar-heels-marcus-paige-says-pj-hairston-distraction

"We've moved on," Paige said. "He's working out with us, and we still accept him. It was a big deal in the media, but we're pretty confident everyone has moved past it. We can't wait to get him back -- whenever it is."

ACC Media Day is Thursday. 

i hope he plays in all of them..

and whatever else makes wolpie heads explode

Go Heels!

Meanwhile, NC STATE is under NCAA investigation for alleged tampering with an App State basketball player. Has NC State basketball gotten that bad that they have to  illegally pry an "athlete" away from Crap State??

REAP WHAT YOU SOW WOOFIES

article on State and tampering: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9732835/appalachian-state-coach-jason-capel-release-devonte-graham-letter-intent

Meanwhile, NC STATE is under NCAA investigation for alleged tampering with an App State basketball player. Has NC State basketball gotten that bad that they have to  illegally pry an "athlete" away from Crap State??

REAP WHAT YOU SOW WOOFIES

article on State and tampering: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9732835/appalachian-state-coach-jason-capel-release-devonte-graham-letter-intent

Just curious if you are worried at all about the indictments that came down in the unc football scandal?  There is apparently a link between Fats and a guy that works for Rosenhaus, Michael Johnson.  Michael Johnson and Fats are both friends with Greg Little and Little is represented by Rosenhaus.  Fats is also friends with Terrelle Pryor who is a Rosenhaus guy as well.  It seems strange that Fats has these ties to agents, people who work for agents, and has been renting luxury cars for unc athletes.  The dots are starting to get connected.

post-972-0-63781000-1380891798_thumb.jpg

Another indictment today, Terry Watson (Watson Sports Agency).  He is charged with 14 felony counts so I would assume he is going to try and strike a deal and name some names.  Are any unc fans worried about it blowing back on the basketball team?