#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,260 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Umm, did unc lose to UVA last year with PJ and with Bullock?  UVA didn't lose a single player, they added a guy in Evan Nolte who can play, and who does unc have that can guard Harris?  Bullock and Strickland were your best perimeter defenders, is Tokoto going to guard him?  

As far as ND they didn't lose anybody either from a squad that beat UK, Cincy, Pitt, Marquette, and the  national champion Louisville Cardinals.  I know you only watch your heels and maybe a few other acc teams but there are actually other teams outside the acc that are good.

And this UVA squad youre so in love with didn't even make the NCAAT. 

Harris is a good player and I'm a big fan of ND's coach - but UNC (as long as Hairston doesn't get kicked off the team) is going to be at or near the top of the ACC next season.

And you may want to look in Durham about "losing players" - their leading scorers/leading rebounders/and the ACC legend Ryan Kelly are all gone. 

You're either an idiot or a troll. I'll take both for $800, Alex!

#32 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,260 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

What are you talking about? Duke had 35 rebounds and OSU had 35 rebounds. OSU was called for 23 fouls and Duke was called for 19 but OSU also had to foul at the end trying to extend the game so I don't see your comparison.

Duke, Cuse, ND, and UVA are better than unc IMO.

What was the foul talley in the 1H? My girlfriend is an OSU alum and watched the entire game. Duke was getting rocked in the first half. The free throws are what kept them in it.

Regarding your opinion, we got a few months AND A LONG COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON FOR YOU SUFFER THROUGH before basketball season starts. You still have time for your prayers to be answered and Hairston F up again and get kicked off the team. 

#33 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,665 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hairston has told the media that he will be playing this year.

#34 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

What was the foul talley in the 1H? My girlfriend is an OSU alum and watched the entire game. Duke was getting rocked in the first half. The free throws are what kept them in it.

Regarding your opinion, we got a few months AND A LONG COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON FOR YOU SUFFER THROUGH before basketball season starts. You still have time for your prayers to be answered and Hairston F up again and get kicked off the team. 

Osu called for 9 fouls and 1 technical while Duke was called for 8 fouls and 1 technical.  The difference in the game was OSU had nobody that could guard Mason it had nothing to do with fouls.  Good try again but another failure on your part, maybe next time you shouldn't listen to what your girlfriend says about sports.

#35 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Hairston has told the media that he will be playing this year.

Would you expect him to say otherwise?

#36 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,665 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Would you expect him to say otherwise?

Yeah....

There's no need to lie about your eligibility and whether you are or aren't playing this year.

You're treating this fiasco like a federal court case when in fact it's just a small blemish in this thing we call college athletics.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Every school violates the NCAA handbook (which is huge by the way) every day.

The only difference is one violation might be bigger than the other.

Some players receive cars and some receive cream cheese to put on their bagel from a booster. Both are illegal benefits but some are bigger than others.

It's time to stop acting "holier than thou" and face the fact that every team violates the hand book, some just don't get caught.

#37 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Yeah....

There's no need to lie about your eligibility and whether you are or aren't playing this year.

You're treating this fiasco like a federal court case when in fact it's just a small blemish in this thing we call college athletics.

I've said this before and I will say it again. Every school violates the NCAA handbook (which is huge by the way) every day.

The only difference is one violation might be bigger than the other.

Some players receive cars and some receive cream cheese to put on their bagel from a booster. Both are illegal benefits but some are bigger than others.

It's time to stop acting "holier than thou" and face the fact that every team violates the hand book, some just don't get caught.

Come on, he doesn't know if he will play or not.  Maybe roy has told him he will play but it depends on the NCAA and what they say, correct?  I would expect Johnny Football to say the same thing but it will depend on what the NCAA says.

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,665 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

Come on, he doesn't know if he will play or not. Maybe roy has told him he will play but it depends on the NCAA and what they say, correct? I would expect Johnny Football to say the same thing but it will depend on what the NCAA says.

The thing is, Cunninham also said he was going to play this year.

There is no way an A.D. of a school would make a public statement like that unless he was 100% sure.

If he said it without getting word from the NCAA first, that would just give the NCAA more reason to suspend Hairston because of negligence.

#39 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

The thing is, Cunninham also said he was going to play this year.

There is no way an A.D. of a school would make a public statement like that unless he was 100% sure.

If he said it without getting word from the NCAA first, that would just give the NCAA more reason to suspend Hairston because of negligence.

I hate to break it to you bro but Bubba said the football stuff was a non issue and there wouldn't be a postseason ban, how did that turn out?  I also don't think it was a public statement, I think he said it at a luncheon with some big time unc donors.

#40 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,665 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Do you have a link for that? I don't recall him saying that.

I've searched the web for 30 minutes and didn't find one record of him saying that.

Also he told it to faculty members not donors. One of the faculty members released it to the press, so he went ahead and announced that Hairston will play.

Its clear that you don't want him to play, but do you really not have anything better to do then to talk about a 20 year old kids life?

#41 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Do you have a link for that? I don't recall him saying that.

I've searched the web for 30 minutes and didn't find one record of him saying that.

Also he told it to faculty members not donors. One of the faculty members released it to the press, so he went ahead and announced that Hairston will play.

Its clear that you don't want him to play, but do you really not have anything better to do then to talk about a 20 year old kids life?

I don't have the link but this is basically what Bubba said:

He proclaimed that based on what he knew UNC would NOT receive a postseason bowl ban

This is what the Athletic department spokesperson said after Bubba comments on PJ:

UNC athletic department spokesman Steve Kirschner said on Thursday that there has been no change in Hairston’s status, and that Cunningham’s comments represent his opinion – and not the university’s official position.

“It’s what he thinks might happen, but we’re not there yet,” Kirschner said.

I want the university cleaned up if that means PJ doesn't play so be it.  My wife went to unc along with several friends of mine and they feel the same way, with the football scandal, the fake AFAM classes, the higher ups trying to cover up fake classes(Jan Boxill), the athletes breaking the law, getting arrested, and receiving impermissible benefits enough is enough.  It's time to clean up the mess instead of putting a rug over it.

This is what your football players have been cited for this summer:

Travis Hughes – Possess Drug Paraphernalia
Eric James Ebron – Fail to Report Accident
Marquise Williams – Speeding
Jack Tabb – Possess Marijuana, Speeding, Reckless Driving
Joshua Broach – Urinate in Public
Tim Furr – Speeding, Expired registration
Dan Mastromatteo – OBT/ATT OBT Alc False DL, Posses MTBV/U-WN By 19/20

And we can't forget about all the trouble AJ Blue has gotten into.

#42 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Tim Furr – Speeding, Expired registration

To be fair, these are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to find 'infractions' or 'violations'...  Let's not hold kids to a higher standard than we would each expect to be accountable for...

I do not know the specifics of each incident, but speeding is weak, expired registrations happen, I dare say all of us are guilty of peeing in public at some point or another, and failing to report an accident has many definitions that are far from serious...

#43 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

To be fair, these are really scraping the bottom of the barrell to find 'infractions' or 'violations'...  Let's not hold kids to a higher standard than we would each expect to be accountable for...

I do not know the specifics of each incident, but speeding is weak, expired registrations happen, I dare say all of us are guilty of peeing in public at some point or another, and failing to report an accident has many definitions that are far from serious...

Are you seriously telling me out of everything I posted this is what you focus on?  Not the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?

#44 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,260 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ditto. Worry about yourselves. Worry about what you are doing. I'm a UNC fan and honestly what these kids are doing doesn't bug me one bit. I wouldn't care if were going on at Duke or State either. It will only bother me if they get kicked off the team or pull an Aaron Hernandez. I did stupid poo in college. Got a drinking citation. a couple speeding tickets. Probably should of had a couple DWI's, too. I don't do that crap anymore. I'm also not 20 years old now, either.

These losers who whine about Hairston driving 90 in a 75 prob drove 15 over the speed limit going to work this morning. They are also the same ones whining about drug possession when they probably tried pot in college and some probably still smoke today. My roommate is a Duke fan (and ECU alum like myself) and he was calling Hairston a thug for getting caught with pot. My room mate smokes pot on a weekly basis. He also has a good job for a well known company. LOL. 

What I think really bugs the dookies and Woofies is the fact that they are jealous of what is going on at UNC. There's certainly been some shady/unethical stuff going on in CH the past few years, evidence of this are the sanctions the FB team just get done with, but for the most part, UNC is walking around doing whatever they want and getting away with it. 

These losers can say they don't care if PJ is on the team next year or whatever, but it's a lie. Just like it's a lie when they claim they don't put on another college's colors during FB season. They are praying to their higher power the Heels' leading scorer is going to be kicked off the team. Just ask yourself this, do you think this thread would have more than 5 posts if this whole ugly situation was centered around a player like Luke Davis or Joel James? 

of course not.

Carolina, whether they want to admit it or not, are going to be very competitive next season and certainly have as good of a chance of winning the ACC next year as duke or Syracuse. Carolina had a down season last year and still played in the ACC Championship game.

I don't have the link but this is basically what Bubba said:

He proclaimed that based on what he knew UNC would NOT receive a postseason bowl ban

This is what the Athletic department spokesperson said after Bubba comments on PJ:

UNC athletic department spokesman Steve Kirschner said on Thursday that there has been no change in Hairston’s status, and that Cunningham’s comments represent his opinion – and not the university’s official position.

“It’s what he thinks might happen, but we’re not there yet,” Kirschner said.

I want the university cleaned up if that means PJ doesn't play so be it.  My wife went to unc along with several friends of mine and they feel the same way, with the football scandal, the fake AFAM classes, the higher ups trying to cover up fake classes(Jan Boxill), the athletes breaking the law, getting arrested, and receiving impermissible benefits enough is enough.  It's time to clean up the mess instead of putting a rug over it.

This is what your football players have been cited for this summer:

Travis Hughes – Possess Drug Paraphernalia
Jack Tabb – Possess Marijuana, Speeding, Reckless Driving

When I was 22, one of my best friends was a student and PKP at NCSU. He invited me down to Raliegh for a weekend and something called the "Hillsborough Hike" - we got hammered. We were walking around the NCSU campus trashed around midnight and I spy a golden opportunity to take a piss on the NCSU alumni house. I run into the bushes and take massive leak on the building. When I'm zipping up, NCState police run in the bushes and shine their lights on me. 

"What the hell are you doing kid?"

"watering the grass sir"

"get the hell out of here kid"

You are making it sound like these KIDS are some sort of organized crime ring. 

Got news for ya too, homeboy, this slap on the wrist TexasAM and the Heisman winner just recieved makes me think Hairston might only be suspended for two-three games. 

#45 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

When I was 22, one of my best friends was a student and PKP at NCSU. He invited me down to Raliegh for a weekend and something called the "Hillsborough Hike" - we got hammered. We're walking around the NCSU campus trashed and I spy a golden opportunity to take a piss on the NCSU alumni house. I run into the bushes and take massive leak on the building. When I'm zipping up, NCState police run in the bushes and shine their lights on me. 

"What the hell are you doing kid?"

"watering the grass sir"

"get the hell out of here kid"

You are making it sound like these KIDS are some sort of organized crime ring. 

Got news for ya too, homeboy, this slap on the wrist TexasAM and the Heisman winner just recieved makes me think Hairston might only be suspended for two-three games. 

Once again a unc fan focusing on one thing they can explain away.  Once again I will ask what about the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?

There was no paper trail to the whole Johnny Football fiasco unlike the PJ situation where you have a paper trail starting with the two times he was ticketed in a rental supplied by a felon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com