• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#46 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Are you seriously telling me out of everything I posted this is what you focus on?  Not the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?

Nope, you're putting words in my mouth...  I think some of what happened was deplorable...  I also think you've got enough ammunition for your argument that you probably can do without quoting speeding tickets, or peeing outside...  Stick to issues that people actually care about (not many are going to care about a kid getting a speeding ticket, or pissing in an alley), and it won't make it look like you're reaching for anything to pile on more rage for your anti-UNC arguments...

#47 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

Once again a unc fan focusing on one thing they can explain away.  Once again I will ask what about the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?

There was no paper trail to the whole Johnny Football fiasco unlike the PJ situation where you have a paper trail starting with the two times he was ticketed in a rental supplied by a felon.

I'm don't comment on the classes because I didn't go to the school and quite frankly I don't care. Ask someone who went to the college what their opinion is. You said your "wife" is a UNC fan. Ask her. Why do you care what someone on a message board thinks about college courses at a school they didn't attend? 

I was a student at ECU and I saw some stuff that was probably academically unethical. I'm not going to say this players name, but he was about as big as a star there that you could be in little ol' Greenville and I saw him attend a class I had with maybe 4 times all the semester. I'd be willing to bet he got a better grade than I did too. I got a B in the class and was there everyday. 

How do you know there was no paper trail around A&M? What's he being suspended for? Signing autographs isn't illegal, is it? 

#48 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nope, you're putting words in my mouth...  I think some of what happened was deplorable...  I also think you've got enough ammunition for your argument that you probably can do without quoting speeding tickets, or peeing outside...  Stick to issues that people actually care about (not many are going to care about a kid getting a speeding ticket, or pissing in an alley), and it won't make it look like you're reaching for anything to pile on more rage for your anti-UNC arguments...

Fair enough would you like to answer my questions about the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?  I mean do unc fans that didn't actually go to unc feel differently compared to the unc fans that went chapel hill?  

#49 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

Yup. Only an idiot would argue that there hasn't been some questionable behavior going on in CH, but what college kid didn't get a speeding ticket or take a drunken piss behind a bar? 

Out of all the stuff that's happened over the past few years at UNC, Hairston being busted driving with an ounce of pot, a gun, and 2 guys who I'm sure are stand up dudes was pretty deplorable. That shows an extreme lack of judgement and character. I'm still wondering how they didn't pin that gun on anybody. 

Still, nobody cares about that. The charges were dropped and everyone's got their panties in a wad about what manipulative leach rented a car for him. That really shows where our society is. I mean, Obama and the USA are about to bomb the crap out of a country we have no business getting involved with and 90% our country are more outraged about the little slut antics Hanna Montana did at some stupid award show!

#50 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm don't comment on the classes because I didn't go to the school and quite frankly I don't care. Ask someone who went to the college what their opinion is. You said your "wife" is a UNC fan. Ask her. Why do you care what someone on a message board thinks about college courses at a school they didn't attend? 

I was a student at ECU and I saw some stuff that was probably academically unethical. I'm not going to say this players name, but he was about as big as a star there that you could be in little ol' Greenville and I saw him attend a class I had with maybe 4 times all the semester. I'd be willing to bet he got a better grade than I did too. I got a B in the class and was there everyday. 

How do you know there was no paper trail around A&M? What's he being suspended for? Signing autographs isn't illegal, is it? 

I said my wife went to unc and she thinks it's disgusting.  

So you are okay with cheating and lying?  So what I am basically hearing from you just a tar heel fan is you don't care what kind of kids they are, or what the school does to keep them eligible as long as they produce on the court or field.  I find that sad!

Have you seen a paper trail?  I haven't but if you have please link, we have all seen the paper trail PJ has left.

#51 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fair enough would you like to answer my questions about the drugs, fake classes, administrators covering up fake classes so the NCAA wouldn't investigate, or the impermissible benefits?  I am still waiting on one of you unc fans to comment on the AFAM classes and the letter that Boxill sent out trying to cover it up so the NCAA would stay away.  What about multiple unc basketball and football players "hanging" out with a convicted felon/drug dealer?  Do you as a unc fan not want this mess cleaned up?  How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?  I mean do unc fans that didn't actually go to unc feel differently compared to the unc fans that went chapel hill?  

I did, I said it was deplorable...  They were also punished for it, some players were suspended or ruled ineligible, and fired the coach...

I also believe PJ's mistakes are HIS mistakes, and not the mistakes of the university...

The classes and coverups are on the school, and needed to be cleaned up...  And have been, to my knowledge...  Hairston's idiocy is all on him and, in my humble opinion, is not a reflection of an issue within the program...

#52 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

I said my wife went to unc and she thinks it's disgusting.  

So you are okay with cheating and lying?  So what I am basically hearing from you just a tar heel fan is you don't care what kind of kids they are, or what the school does to keep them eligible as long as they produce on the court or field.  I find that sad!

Have you seen a paper trail?  I haven't but if you have please link, we have all seen the paper trail PJ has left.

Look at what you just wrote. You say your "wife" is disgusted, then you pull out a baseless accusation that you're "hearing" that us tarhole fans don't "care" what kind of kids we have playing for us. Where did you read anything like that from myself or Nance, etc? Where? I've said since PJ got pinched in June that he better check himself. If he's someone that has to have an unregistered gun on him when going out...he may want to reevaluate where his life is. 

You're "wife" is sooooo disgusted with PJ she's probably going to be the loudest person at your house or whatever awful bar you go to when Hairston hangs 35 on duke and State this year. 

Secondly, what was JM suspended for? Why is he suspended for the first half of the Rice game this week? 

This wouldn't be the first time a suspicious SEC football team has had a shady situation end in their favor. You can refer back to Cam Newton at Auburn and now the claims that Urban Meyer single handedly got Hernandez out of trouble in Gainesville. How many players got arrested under Meyer at UF for those championships? How many were kicked off the team? I'm surprised their haven't been any NCAA officials investigating Ole Miss for their rediculous recruiting class they pulled out of their ass this year.

Again, what Johnny Football suspended for? 

from espn.com 

NCAA rules are clear that student-athletes may not accept money for items they sign and based on information provided by Manziel, that did not happen in this case.

Do you see the problem with this statement? If the NCAA is going to use this same sort of logic investigating Hairston, dude is only going to miss 3 games. There have been numerous claims that he took money to sign over 4000 autographs. Did the NCAA investigate those claims? 

The only paper trail we have on PJ, right now, is that he made a selfish decision to drive a rented car from a person he shouldn't be hanging out with. A convicted felon. That felon has also lawyered up, doesn't have to speak to the NCAA, and to our knowledge has not been contacted by the NCAA and has no known relationships to NBA agents/boosters. 

#53 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

I did, I said it was deplorable...  They were also punished for it, some players were suspended or ruled ineligible, and fired the coach...

I also believe PJ's mistakes are HIS mistakes, and not the mistakes of the university...

The classes and coverups are on the school, and needed to be cleaned up...  And have been, to my knowledge...  Hairston's idiocy is all on him and, in my humble opinion, is not a reflection of an issue within the program...

the football team did some stupid sh1t and they were punished severely for it. How many of those dudes kicked off the team were 1st and 2nd round draft picks? Not to mention they missed out on a potential ACC FB championship game LY. 

Heels going to beat that gamecock ass tomorrow night. We out for blood!

#54 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Look at what you just wrote. You say your "wife" is disgusted, then you pull out a baseless accusation that you're "hearing" that us tarhole fans don't "care" what kind of kids we have playing for us. Where did you read anything like that from myself or Nance, etc? Where? I've said since PJ got pinched in June that he better check himself. If he's someone that has to have an unregistered gun on him when going out...he may want to reevaluate where his life is.

You're "wife" is sooooo disgusted with PJ she's probably going to be the loudest person at your house or whatever awful bar you go to when Hairston hangs 35 on duke and State this year.

Secondly, what was JM suspended for? Why is he suspended for the first half of the Rice game this week?

This wouldn't be the first time a suspicious SEC football team has had a shady situation end in their favor. You can refer back to Cam Newton at Auburn and now the claims that Urban Meyer single handedly got Hernandez out of trouble in Gainesville. How many players got arrested under Meyer at UF for those championships? How many were kicked off the team? I'm surprised their haven't been any NCAA officials investigating Ole Miss for their rediculous recruiting class they pulled out of their ass this year.

Again, what Johnny Football suspended for?

from espn.com

Do you see the problem with this statement? If the NCAA is going to use this same sort of logic investigating Hairston, dude is only going to miss 3 games. There have been numerous claims that he took money to sign over 4000 autographs. Did the NCAA investigate those claims?

The only paper trail we have on PJ, right now, is that he made a selfish decision to drive a rented car from a person he shouldn't be hanging out with. A convicted felon. That felon has also lawyered up, doesn't have to speak to the NCAA, and to our knowledge has not been contacted by the NCAA and has no known relationships to NBA agents/boosters.

You said you didn't care about about the fake classes because you didn't go to the school. My wife is not disgusted by PJ she is disgusted by the fake classes and administration trying to cover it up. She feels it makes her education she worked so hard for feel tainted.

If you don't think there is a big paper trail that PJ left you are being naive.

#55 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

And this UVA squad youre so in love with didn't even make the NCAAT. 

Harris is a good player and I'm a big fan of ND's coach - but UNC (as long as Hairston doesn't get kicked off the team) is going to be at or near the top of the ACC next season.

And you may want to look in Durham about "losing players" - their leading scorers/leading rebounders/and the ACC legend Ryan Kelly are all gone. 

You're either an idiot or a troll. I'll take both for $800, Alex!

Nice job on explaining why unc is better than UVA and ND!

Duke did lose players but we also got back Dawkins, added Hood and Parker and by all accounts Hood was the best player on the team last year.

#56 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Ditto. Worry about yourselves. Worry about what you are doing. I'm a UNC fan and honestly what these kids are doing doesn't bug me one bit. I wouldn't care if were going on at Duke or State either. It will only bother me if they get kicked off the team or pull an Aaron Hernandez. I did stupid poo in college. Got a drinking citation. a couple speeding tickets. Probably should of had a couple DWI's, too. I don't do that crap anymore. I'm also not 20 years old now, either.

These losers who whine about Hairston driving 90 in a 75 prob drove 15 over the speed limit going to work this morning. They are also the same ones whining about drug possession when they probably tried pot in college and some probably still smoke today. My roommate is a Duke fan (and ECU alum like myself) and he was calling Hairston a thug for getting caught with pot. My room mate smokes pot on a weekly basis. He also has a good job for a well known company. LOL. 

What I think really bugs the dookies and Woofies is the fact that they are jealous of what is going on at UNC. There's certainly been some shady/unethical stuff going on in CH the past few years, evidence of this are the sanctions the FB team just get done with, but for the most part, UNC is walking around doing whatever they want and getting away with it. 

These losers can say they don't care if PJ is on the team next year or whatever, but it's a lie. Just like it's a lie when they claim they don't put on another college's colors during FB season. They are praying to their higher power the Heels' leading scorer is going to be kicked off the team. Just ask yourself this, do you think this thread would have more than 5 posts if this whole ugly situation was centered around a player like Luke Davis or Joel James? 

of course not.

Carolina, whether they want to admit it or not, are going to be very competitive next season and certainly have as good of a chance of winning the ACC next year as duke or Syracuse. Carolina had a down season last year and still played in the ACC Championship game.

When I was 22, one of my best friends was a student and PKP at NCSU. He invited me down to Raliegh for a weekend and something called the "Hillsborough Hike" - we got hammered. We were walking around the NCSU campus trashed around midnight and I spy a golden opportunity to take a piss on the NCSU alumni house. I run into the bushes and take massive leak on the building. When I'm zipping up, NCState police run in the bushes and shine their lights on me. 

"What the hell are you doing kid?"

"watering the grass sir"

"get the hell out of here kid"

You are making it sound like these KIDS are some sort of organized crime ring. 

Got news for ya too, homeboy, this slap on the wrist TexasAM and the Heisman winner just recieved makes me think Hairston might only be suspended for two-three games. 

Actually it was 93 in a 65 but don't let the facts get in the way of your silly rant.

Why would Duke be jealous of unc?  We haven't had a cheating scandal and been disciplined by the NCAA, Duke beat unc in football last year, in basketball Duke is 7-2 over the last 9 against the heels and Duke has the most recent national title.  So again why would we be jealous?  Oh maybe we should be jealous of the powerhouse women's soccer team you have.

Haha, there are just as many unc fans that put on that different jersey in FB season in fact I don't know any Duke fan that is a fan of another team during FB season but I do know plenty of unc fans that put on that different jersey or shirt.  In fact my cousin is a huge heels fan during basketball season but guess who he is pulling for tonight?  The Gamecocks.  It's ridiculous.

Let's be honest a down year is when you went to the NIT not last year when you won 25 games.

#57 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Lol will graves is probably shaking his head.

#58 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

It makes you wonder what he could have possibly done to get kicked off the team.

#59 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

Graves wasn't the same caliber of player as Hairston.

Fun fact - Graves played professionally in Japan after he got the boot. He was on a bus when the massive earthquake and tsunami struck. I read an article describing it and it was pretty scary.

#60 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

You said you didn't care about about the fake classes because you didn't go to the school. My wife is not disgusted by PJ she is disgusted by the fake classes and administration trying to cover it up. She feels it makes her education she worked so hard for feel tainted.

If you don't think there is a big paper trail that PJ left you are being naive.

So now it's the fake classes? I thought it was the cars? Or the dude pissing in an alley?

The class thing dosent bother me because I was never a student there nor did unc receive any of mine or my parents money. It doesn't effect me anyway whatsoever. And it certaibly shouldnt effect you. I did, however, attend a 4 year public school (ecu) and saw first hand the special treatment "student athletes" receive.

Can u provide a paper trail to PJ? Maybe the NCAA would like to investigate it? Just like they investigated the third party sources w/ Manziel.

As I've stated before: the only dirt on PJ is he was caught driving a rental car from a convicted felon who has lawyered up and as of now has no known connection to nba agents or boosters. If these facts stay the same Hairston could easily suit up against the Spartans.

IMHO - I think if Roy was going to dismiss PJ, he would have done so already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com