#61 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

It makes you wonder what he could have possibly done to get kicked off the team.

Graves reportedly failed multiple drug tests and he was suspended around 15-18 games his final year at UNC before he was dismissed.

PJ, on the other hand, has never failed a drug test and his arrest has now been dismissed. As long as credible evidence between Hairston/Thomas/Blackstock/$$$ isn't established he's playing this year. 3-5 game suspension.

#62 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

So now it's the fake classes? I thought it was the cars? Or the dude pissing in an alley?

The class thing dosent bother me because I was never a student there nor did unc receive any of mine or my parents money. It doesn't effect me anyway whatsoever. And it certaibly shouldnt effect you. I did, however, attend a 4 year public school (ecu) and saw first hand the special treatment "student athletes" receive.

Can u provide a paper trail to PJ? Maybe the NCAA would like to investigate it? Just like they investigated the third party sources w/ Manziel.

As I've stated before: the only dirt on PJ is he was caught driving a rental car from a convicted felon who has lawyered up and as of now has no known connection to nba agents or boosters. If these facts stay the same Hairston could easily suit up against the Spartans.

IMHO - I think if Roy was going to dismiss PJ, he would have done so already.

My wife and people that actually went to the school are embarrassed by all the negative publicity the school has gotten in the past couple years, whether it's the fake classes, the administration coverup, football scandal, or the PJ situation.  I know you don't care because you have said as much but people that have REAL ties to the school are embarrassed.  

I am not going to go back and list the paper trail for you when you can go back and see it in this or the other PJ thread.  Do a little work on your own for a change.

Actually PJ is being investigated by the NCAA in connection with his relationship to Rodney Blackstock who is an agent.

http://www.sportsage...ney-blackstock/

So the rental cars from a felon isn't the only hurdle PJ has to clear.

#63 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Graves reportedly failed multiple drug tests and he was suspended around 15-18 games his final year at UNC before he was dismissed.

PJ, on the other hand, has never failed a drug test and his arrest has now been dismissed. As long as credible evidence between Hairston/Thomas/Blackstock/$$$ isn't established he's playing this year. 3-5 game suspension.

How do you know this?  He was caught with weed and admitted to the officer that he smokes it.

Navarre then asked when was the last time Hairston smoked marijuana, and Hairston “stated it was about two weeks ago.”

“Mr. Hairston stated that he does not smoke marijuana on a regular basis, however, he is a recreational smoker,” the report said. “Mr. Hairston stated that he does not smoke marijuana to get high, but he will take a ‘hit’ or two occasionally.”

#64 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Graves wasn't the same caliber of player as Hairston.

Fun fact - Graves played professionally in Japan after he got the boot. He was on a bus when the massive earthquake and tsunami struck. I read an article describing it and it was pretty scary.

So that should factor into the decision whether he stays or goes from team?

Glad he's okay, that earthquake stuff was NO joke.

#65 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yes if PJ was not their best player and roy felt like the season depended on him playing he would not be on the team IMO.  I think roy is worried about another NIT season so he will do whatever to make sure PJ can play this year, why else would he have waited to suspend him when he got a speeding ticket?  I think the drugs, and rental car from a felon should have warranted a suspension especially when PJ admitted to the cop that he smoke pot.  I know mrtd says that PJ hasn't failed a drug test but how is that if he regularly smokes?

#66 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yes - the better you are, the more chances you will get. It's pretty simple. Look at Aaron Hernandez. If that stuff about Urban Meyer and UF paying people off is true, and I certainly believe it to be, it's pretty disgusting and it ended up costing someone a life.

Just look at this thread for example. The haters on here are itching for Hairston to get kicked off the team and for unc to get in serious trouble. They can deny it all they want but we can smell it on them.

Do you think this thread would have more than 5 posts if the unc player in discussion was Jackson Simmons?

What about this sub forum if no discussion about unc were allowed?

It would be a graveyard.

#67 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yes if PJ was not their best player and roy felt like the season depended on him playing he would not be on the team IMO. I think roy is worried about another NIT season so he will do whatever to make sure PJ can play this year, why else would he have waited to suspend him when he got a speeding ticket? I think the drugs, and rental car from a felon should have warranted a suspension especially when PJ admitted to I know mrtd says that PJ hasn't failed a drug test but how is that if he regularly smokes?

The "drugs" - lol pot - and the gun have been dismissed and are no longer an issue.

It would not surprise me if PJ smoked weed daily, but until he fails a drug test there is no evidence that he does. What about Marshall Henderson (he plays for Ole Miss)? He's failed several and he's still on the team. What about the UF linebacker who was arrested twice in two weeks and is only suspended for one game?

And if you need to look a little closer to home - what about John Mellancamp's boy who plays CB for duke? He was charged with fellony assault and he's suiting up tomorrow for the dookies when they play UNC-Pembroke.

Why aren't you throwing a temper tantrum and wadding up your panties about these?

Exactly.

#68 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

My wife and people that actually went to the school are embarrassed by all the negative publicity the school has gotten in the past couple years, whether it's the fake classes, the administration coverup, football scandal, or the PJ situation. I know you don't care because you have said as much but people that have REAL ties to the school are embarrassed.

I am not going to go back and list the paper trail for you when you can go back and see it in this or the other PJ thread. Do a little work on your own for a change.

Actually PJ is being investigated by the NCAA in connection with his relationship to Rodney Blackstock who is an agent.

http://www.sportsage...ney-blackstock/

So the rental cars from a felon isn't the only hurdle PJ has to clear.

I can certainly understand alumni being displeased with the academic stuff. Like I said it doesn't bother me too much because I didn't go there and am unaffiliated. That's why I usually stay out of the academic discussion and internal stuff associated with the school. Quite frankly I have no business talking about it and neither do you. You may have better luck trolling a website that discusses things of that nature. I'm sure your wife, which may or may not actually exist, will be very upset if PJ hangs 35 on duke or NCSU in the winter.

The Blackstock thing is old news and he's been under investigation for at least the same amount of time since he was originally arrested. You've proven nothing by providing that link except that you know how to post a link.

Which leads me back to my points in this thread:

1. Hairston plays unless there's credible evidence linking PJ/Thmas/Blackstock/$$$$

2. Based on recent investigations conducted by the NCAA, like Manziel and A&M, there's certainly reason to believe he plays. ESPECIALLY when they refuse to contact the parasite Thomas.

#69 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

How does it make you feel that unc athletes take fake classes to stay eligible?

Good.  We all know they arent smart enough to take real UNC classes, and I like having good sports teams

It makes you wonder what he could have possibly done to get kicked off the team.

Will Graves smoked obscene amounts of weed.  It was pretty common knowledge.  I suspect most of the players smoke occasionally, which is fine by me

#70 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good.  We all know they arent smart enough to take real UNC classes, and I like having good sports teams

Will Graves smoked obscene amounts of weed.  It was pretty common knowledge.  I suspect most of the players smoke occasionally, which is fine by me

Lol - lets be honest here. Many, many, many NCAA d1 athletes would not be at their institution if it weren't for basketball or football. There's a reason they are usually more lenient with grades/GPA.

It makes you really marvel at what schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern are achieving. Those are excellent institutions that have extremely difficult standards. It's also a great place to look for coaches because if you can be successful there, you can usually find a more lucrative job.

#71 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Lol - lets be honest here. Many, many, many NCAA d1 athletes would not be at their institution if it weren't for basketball or football. There's a reason they are usually more lenient with grades/GPA.

It makes you really marvel at what schools like Stanford, Vanderbilt, and Northwestern are achieving. Those are excellent institutions that have extremely difficult standards. It's also a great place to look for coaches because if you can be successful there, you can usually find a more lucrative job.

You left out Duke!

#72 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

Why? So a player receives impermissible benefits and the NCAA just looks the other way? CJ Leslie got a suspension for borrowing a friends car and PJ has gotten tickets twice in rentals that were from a felon. I am not real sure how you think that the NCAA doesn't do anything.

CJ Leslie thing is different. It is not a slam dunk that PJ even committed a violation at all although I would say it is likely.

And if the NCAA says he didn't do anything I look forward to the collective rage of rival fans and media over it. If you read and know the NCAA rule book, even if Fatts rented him the car and PJ admits it, that still doesn't mean that a violation took place

#73 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

BTW, I know i am late to this party, but Dan Kane and the N&O has been nothing short of Fox Newsian in their coverage of the AFAM stuff.

They have misrepresented facts, twisted quotes, and only sought out like minded experts to quote about the issue.

It has been one of the more deplorable pieces of journalism I have ever seen.

#74 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

ACC Media Day is a week from today, followed by the first UNC men's basketball which is a week from tomorrow. 

Gotta feeling we will hear something this week. 

Maybe it will be Prisbell's article "that is about to drop." 

#75 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Marcus Paige speaks to ESPN about PJ:

http://espn.go.com/m...ton-distraction

"We've moved on," Paige said. "He's working out with us, and we still accept him. It was a big deal in the media, but we're pretty confident everyone has moved past it. We can't wait to get him back -- whenever it is."

ACC Media Day is Thursday. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com