• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

I hope we do get to see Gettis with the 1's next week. I definitely think he could push for the #2 spot if he keeps improving. You have to understand that at the start of camp he looked awful. Something has lit a fire under him. Or maybe he is just now starting to get his confidence back.

C'MON Bro confess it! You KNOW he's the REAL #2 not a "#2".... Smith then Gettis and so on. I wish we would have went out for more O-Line help and not injury prone receivers. 

#92 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Let's toss LaFell out there for a couple of games to feast on third stringers as a baseline and go from there.

LaFell would beast. He runs more routes well than Gettis. Did even when they were rookies.

#93 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,188 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

LaFell would beast. He runs more routes well than Gettis. Did even when they were rookies.

False

#94 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

False

Not false. Gettis became a legend off of 3 catches.

LaFell is the more athletic overall WR and runs more routes well. Why the best catch of 2010 was made by LaFell....best rush by a WR was by LaFell ... and he did more than go deep.

#95 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

You cant say that because you havent seen what Gettis can do. Just because he sat out a year or 2 doesnt automatically elevate Lafell. Lafell has improved, but so could have Gettis. 

We wont know until after the season starts. And thats IF Gettis gets enough burn. 

Well, coach Ricky said that Gettis has just started to show improvement on route running this camp.  Also, we know that Gettis has caught with his body and is just now starting to catch with his hands.  Lafell has shown ability to do both as well as blocking too.  I know alot of people want us to be the Packers, but many of our sets are two WRs and they block for the backs on those plays.  Just tone down the lets start Gettis stuff.  Dude has game but damn.

#96 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

You guys are cracked out if you really think LaFell>Gettis! That was proven from year one! Moreover, you're drunk in addition if you think A.Edwards is our true #3. This is all a matter of Reps. Slice Pilares, Adams, and keep Edwards at the bottom or Hixon since he can't stay healthy. Our Core should be:

SMITH

GETTIS

LAFELL

HIXON

EDWARDS

GINN only a Return man. 

GETTIS is solid NOT desperate link Edwards.He's done more THIS preseason than Edwards since day one. Wake up and cut the Carolina boy crap and nice guy earns a value spot stuff.

Pass me the pipe brother.  Gettis has beat up on third stringers with a former pro-bowler at QB.  Now he is better than a reciever who has had steadily increasing production since his rookie year.  Proehl said that Gettis just started to run good routes in camp.  Zod said that he was invisible all camp until recently.  He still catches mostly with his body and has not shown the blocking ability of Lafell.  I don't get it.  Is this an anti-SEC thing?

#97 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Pass me the pipe brother.  Gettis has beat up on third stringers with a former pro-bowler at QB.  Now he is better than a reciever who has had steadily increasing production since his rookie year.  Proehl said that Gettis just started to run good routes in camp.  Zod said that he was invisible all camp until recently.  He still catches mostly with his body and has not shown the blocking ability of Lafell.  I don't get it.  Is this an anti-SEC thing?

Not at all. The reality is Gettis has better hands than every WR on the roster minus the obvious, 89. Yes I agree Lafell is a good blocker, however, he isn't a true #2. WE (Panthers Fans) are just basing that fact on there was NOOOOOOOOOOOO competition. Which does NOT mean he is, but he has to be because the roster is full of maybes/should be/potentially/ and growth to average at best. That my friend is a coaching issue to be determined. Gettis is nothing less than #3 and if given that opportunity #2 by mid season. That works in our best interest and gives us our best chances of Playoffs. They have to run him with the 1s. Ginn won't do it in the long run at WR. sip up tho homie. lol

#98 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

I just hope he continues to play strong. I would love to line up Gettis sand Lafell on the outside and let Steve Smith go into the slot and dominate slot CB's and it would give him more room to go inside and outside with routes

#99 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

Gettis has earned his shot to start but he has to practice like he wants to be that third receiver. I almost believe he is getting so much playing time because his work ethic or production may be a weakness of his. His game time production cannot be denied though. Our receivers will go as the offensive line goes.

Cam without time equals zero confidence which causes him to force throws and look relatively mediocre. If he can get some protection I believe that Gettis will help us out if we are still going to run a vertical attack. That being said, I'm not as optimistic about our oline and am even more worried about a good defensive team being able to exploit it. If the offensive line shows up like they did in our first game against Tampa last year, we start 0-1 and maybe continue down the beaten path.

Is it Riveras fault? Not at all, but he will pay for it. We need to pick up a vet that can still play because Bell isn't getting any better and neither is Gary. One cannot use the argument that Cam wasn't sacked THAT much last season compared to other QBs, simply because Cam is that mobile and finds ways to get rid of the ball.

#100 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Not at all. The reality is Gettis has better hands than every WR on the roster minus the obvious, 89. Yes I agree Lafell is a good blocker, however, he isn't a true #2. WE (Panthers Fans) are just basing that fact on there was NOOOOOOOOOOOO competition. Which does NOT mean he is, but he has to be because the roster is full of maybes/should be/potentially/ and growth to average at best. That my friend is a coaching issue to be determined. Gettis is nothing less than #3 and if given that opportunity #2 by mid season. That works in our best interest and gives us our best chances of Playoffs. They have to run him with the 1s. Ginn won't do it in the long run at WR. sip up tho homie. lol

Gettis has leapfrogged Ginn for the number three.  I want to see him on the field with the ones too next game.  Hell, if they let Fua start at DT they can see what Gettis can do.

#101 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Would be amazing to have a nice long Cam to Gettis TD hook up this week on national TV

#102 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

Gettis has leapfrogged Ginn for the number three.  I want to see him on the field with the ones too next game.  Hell, if they let Fua start at DT they can see what Gettis can do.

Is it wrong that when I see him line up and see the back on his jersey I say, "Phooey?" seriously lol. I don't know why I do that but it serves a purpose. lol.... Agreed, if "Awe Phooey" can start anything can happen. Heck throw The Jimmy in there too. On a side note, I hope Brandon Williams steps it up with that blocking. He may be our #2 next year.

#103 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,886 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

if all 3 of our 2009 WR picks end up beasts this season I think that we might all owe Hurney Badger a pair of shades.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com