Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Hourglass on the Jimmy Clausen Era

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Clausen has played just as good as Cam and DA this preseason.

Posted · Report post

So I went and saw Eric Norwood play tonight for the Hamilton Tiger Cats (Crappy CFL) against Winnipeg my home team and as Norwood was leaving the field I told him to text Jimmy and tell him that he sucks, he got a good laugh out of it. My gf took a video and ill try and post it later but I'm not 'tech savvy' at all.

Nominate for worst post ever but it was pretty funny and it was all in fun. Norwood love the attention as I told him I was a Panters fan.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yet Tebow so far this preseason makes Pickles look like Brady!

Seriously though smartest thing we could do is release him with first team cuts keep Anderson as backup, put the rookie on the practice squad and Armanti could be the emergency QB. I would rather have that third QB roster spot for a sixth WR to give some of these guys more time to develop and possible get some OL help. If we do this atleast we will know going into next years draft where we need to focus more WR or OL.

Now back to the Tebow highlights, some of his throws last night an average High School QB could of easily made. I saw more than one where I was trying to figure out who he was throwing to because no one was even 10 yards from where it landed.

Posted · Report post

Tebow was unwatchable in last night's game.

Posted · Report post

...only has about 2 weeks worth of sand left in it.

That last drive in the 4th Quarter had to be all Gettleman had to see. I don't hate Clausen and he got caught up in an awful situation during 2010, but he just ain't got the makeup to be even a solid backup.

Even with better arm strength, his pocket presence is god-awful. Really doubt he will be picked up even as a 3rd QB by someone.

Watching Everrette Brown sack him was awful and awesome wrapped up in irony. The demons of 2010 are not going away quietly...

yeah, when E Brown gets a sack clearly the 3s and should nots are on the field... I think his time is nearly up. I was almost convinced he was improving but I think he has a mild case of the Davis Carr syndrome. 

Posted · Report post

I still don't understand the Clausen hate here.

He's looked better than Anderson thus far.

Maybe even better.

Posted · Report post

JaMarcus Russell? :) j/k

he is as good as DA but certainly better than Jimmy

Posted · Report post

I still don't understand the Clausen hate here.

He's looked better than Anderson thus far.

Maybe even better.

This is why I suggest releasing him with first cuts to give him a chance to sign somewhere else out of respect. If we thought he had any value I would say keep him and put him on the trading block but I don't see any team out there falling for that. I think he could have a chance at being a serviceable backup QB in a WC offense with a great RB but he doesn't have the arm strength for most offenses in the NFL who want to go deep. Why keep him here when we know we can't plug him into our offense without changing our offensive identity that requires throwing to Smitty down field for him to make a play.

Posted · Report post

Why not just send Colby Cameron out there to see what he's like in a real game?

Also, this whole thing makes you wonder, how horribly bad was Tony Pike?

Posted · Report post

We need to use a draft pick on a qb next spring.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Clausen is like putting spoiled milk back in the fridge..it won't be better in three years.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He will stick around because of the guaranteed money.  I think he is improving and actually does make a decent throw every now and then, but he has zero pocket presence and panics under pressure.  He is about as good as most 3rd string QB's at this point.