44 replies to this topic

#16 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

At this point, keeping him in.stead of DA may be the better option.

Respectfully disagree. The season is shot if Cam were to go down, but DA can at least execute a gameplan and take some shots down the field.

Awful Oline play has not helped either of them this preseason but to me Clausen looks and has always looked like it was too big for him.

Even in his 4th year his pocket awareness is terrible and I have no confidence in him even as a backup.

DA hasn't looked great this preseason but he has proven to be a decent backup, and I don't think Clausen can ever even be that.

I just personally can't imagine Gettleman seeing in value in having a roster spot for Clausen, not even as a 3rd QB and definitely not as a backup.

I honestly think it would be better for Cam to have a 3rd QB like Delhomme if we were actually going to keep 3 which I doubt

#17 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

again.. 95% of Jimmeh's contract would be dead money / is guaranteed. he'll play his contract out, no big deal

#18 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Really doesn't matter who the backup is.  If Cam goes down, there's nothing keeping the Panthers from going 2-14 again.  

#19 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Leave the kid alone. Hes making more money that you sitting on his azz, and despite his performance on the field,  looks better doing it.

Not sure why people expect a 3rd string QB to be decent. Its well known around here he isn't great, or maybe not even good. Why continue to give the guy poo? He didnt pan out the way we wanted given the choices we made to draft him. GET OVER IT!

Personally, I will be glad to see him leave for no other reason than I am tired of seeing him get kicked around by pot-bellied huddlers who dont even have a tenth of the talent, athleticism, or money he has earned by doing nothing but playing badly when thrown in the fire, and since then sitting on his behind following Cam around.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

unfortunately, Clausen played as good as the other two QB's, all things considered.

To pick out any Panther tonight for a bad performance would be easy. Just go down the roster

too true

#21 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

It all boils down to how well he helps in game-planning.  Neither he nor Anderson can seriously be considered as a potential replacement for Newton, although a lot of people seem to think that Anderson should be based on his size and that one good year in Cleveland.  Backup QBs do more than just sit around in case the starter gets injured, and it's possible that Jimmy is good at those elements of the job.

#22 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Really doesn't matter who the backup is.  If Cam goes down, there's nothing keeping the Panthers from going 2-14 again.  

JaMarcus Russell? :) j/k

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

On that first drive JC missed a wide open Brandon Williams for a five yard pass...JC's passes do not usually get thrown near anyone...if you remember 2010..he would make a check down for two yards..then throw tow more incomplete passes one out of bounds running out of the pocket and the other skipping thee yards in front of any reciever who ran further than 15 yards down the field.

I see defenders of him but that must be because he is too easy a target.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

he's looking for the deep ball more than I noticed in the past.  I like that, although I hate when he keeps trying to throw into double coverage..

#25 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Clausen has played just as good as Cam and DA this preseason.

#26 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,354 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

So I went and saw Eric Norwood play tonight for the Hamilton Tiger Cats (Crappy CFL) against Winnipeg my home team and as Norwood was leaving the field I told him to text Jimmy and tell him that he sucks, he got a good laugh out of it. My gf took a video and ill try and post it later but I'm not 'tech savvy' at all.

Nominate for worst post ever but it was pretty funny and it was all in fun. Norwood love the attention as I told him I was a Panters fan.

#27 Beastonfan

Beastonfan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Yet The Golden Calf of Bristol so far this preseason makes Pickles look like Brady!

Seriously though smartest thing we could do is release him with first team cuts keep Anderson as backup, put the rookie on the practice squad and Armanti could be the emergency QB. I would rather have that third QB roster spot for a sixth WR to give some of these guys more time to develop and possible get some OL help. If we do this atleast we will know going into next years draft where we need to focus more WR or OL.

Now back to the The Golden Calf of Bristol highlights, some of his throws last night an average High School QB could of easily made. I saw more than one where I was trying to figure out who he was throwing to because no one was even 10 yards from where it landed.

#28 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol was unwatchable in last night's game.

#29 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

...only has about 2 weeks worth of sand left in it.

That last drive in the 4th Quarter had to be all Gettleman had to see. I don't hate Clausen and he got caught up in an awful situation during 2010, but he just ain't got the makeup to be even a solid backup.

Even with better arm strength, his pocket presence is god-awful. Really doubt he will be picked up even as a 3rd QB by someone.

Watching Everrette Brown sack him was awful and awesome wrapped up in irony. The demons of 2010 are not going away quietly...

yeah, when E Brown gets a sack clearly the 3s and should nots are on the field... I think his time is nearly up. I was almost convinced he was improving but I think he has a mild case of the Davis Carr syndrome. 

#30 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

I still don't understand the Clausen hate here.

He's looked better than Anderson thus far.

Maybe even better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com