Photo
- - - - -

The Hourglass on the Jimmy Clausen Era

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

you serious?

(Looking at you) You serious?

#Sarcasm

#14 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

(Looking at you) You serious?

#Sarcasm

touché... just making sure

#15 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

At this point, keeping him in.stead of DA may be the better option.

#16 Seltzer

Seltzer

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

At this point, keeping him in.stead of DA may be the better option.

Respectfully disagree. The season is shot if Cam were to go down, but DA can at least execute a gameplan and take some shots down the field.

Awful Oline play has not helped either of them this preseason but to me Clausen looks and has always looked like it was too big for him.

Even in his 4th year his pocket awareness is terrible and I have no confidence in him even as a backup.

DA hasn't looked great this preseason but he has proven to be a decent backup, and I don't think Clausen can ever even be that.

I just personally can't imagine Gettleman seeing in value in having a roster spot for Clausen, not even as a 3rd QB and definitely not as a backup.

I honestly think it would be better for Cam to have a 3rd QB like Delhomme if we were actually going to keep 3 which I doubt

#17 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

again.. 95% of Jimmeh's contract would be dead money / is guaranteed. he'll play his contract out, no big deal

#18 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Really doesn't matter who the backup is.  If Cam goes down, there's nothing keeping the Panthers from going 2-14 again.  

#19 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Leave the kid alone. Hes making more money that you sitting on his azz, and despite his performance on the field,  looks better doing it.

Not sure why people expect a 3rd string QB to be decent. Its well known around here he isn't great, or maybe not even good. Why continue to give the guy poo? He didnt pan out the way we wanted given the choices we made to draft him. GET OVER IT!

Personally, I will be glad to see him leave for no other reason than I am tired of seeing him get kicked around by pot-bellied huddlers who dont even have a tenth of the talent, athleticism, or money he has earned by doing nothing but playing badly when thrown in the fire, and since then sitting on his behind following Cam around.

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

unfortunately, Clausen played as good as the other two QB's, all things considered.

To pick out any Panther tonight for a bad performance would be easy. Just go down the roster

too true

#21 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

It all boils down to how well he helps in game-planning.  Neither he nor Anderson can seriously be considered as a potential replacement for Newton, although a lot of people seem to think that Anderson should be based on his size and that one good year in Cleveland.  Backup QBs do more than just sit around in case the starter gets injured, and it's possible that Jimmy is good at those elements of the job.

#22 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Really doesn't matter who the backup is.  If Cam goes down, there's nothing keeping the Panthers from going 2-14 again.  

JaMarcus Russell? :) j/k

#23 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

On that first drive JC missed a wide open Brandon Williams for a five yard pass...JC's passes do not usually get thrown near anyone...if you remember 2010..he would make a check down for two yards..then throw tow more incomplete passes one out of bounds running out of the pocket and the other skipping thee yards in front of any reciever who ran further than 15 yards down the field.

I see defenders of him but that must be because he is too easy a target.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

he's looking for the deep ball more than I noticed in the past.  I like that, although I hate when he keeps trying to throw into double coverage..