Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Risers and Fallers - Eagles Edition

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Starts with the OL IMO.

They don't seem interested in fixing it either. Amazing how last years problems are still this years problems.

1 person likes this

Posted

- QB Anderson: He's starting to scare me with his play his throws have been off in both games.

based on that fade he threw last night, it looked just like that Josh Norman pick in TC that everyone was raving over..  No one mentioned which QB it was, but I have to strongly assume it was DA...

dude obviously does not understand that the point is to throw the ball up so the receiver can jump 12-24 inches off the ground and out-leap his defender.

instead, he throws it about head level right to the defender... 

Posted

Rising:  Gettis.  Sometime in the next few years, I kind of expect Gettis to be our number one, LaFell our number two, and Edwards to be in the slot.

Falling:  All the QBs and the O-Line.  The blocking wasn't there, and neither were the adjustments.  It's already been mentioned, but the Eagles were killed by the Patriots.  Why didn't we do what the Patriots did?

Unchanged:  Teflon Ron, who has coordinators that didn't plan and players that didn't execute to deflect any criticism for not having the team prepared to play the Eagles properly.

Posted

All the obvious have been mentioned so I am going to go outside the box for a riser here.

I am going to plug my by boy Nate Chandler one more time.

Love how he has made such a great transition from undrafted DT to practice squad, then active roster, to backup LT and looks pretty decent.

Posted

based on that fade he threw last night, it looked just like that Josh Norman pick in TC that everyone was raving over..  No one mentioned which QB it was, but I have to strongly assume it was DA...

dude obviously does not understand that the point is to throw the ball up so the receiver can jump 12-24 inches off the ground and out-leap his defender.

instead, he throws it about head level right to the defender... 

Yea when I saw Anderson throw the ball short to Gettis I was what are you doing he had that man beat and probably would of out jumped the defender. Then on the next play I had to watch him over throwing him.

Posted

Huddle version...

Rising: Fears

Falling: Hopes

6 people like this

Posted

depends on your definition of game planning...

Carolina isn’t all that concerned about what plays the Eagles will run under first-year coach Chip Kelly, but how fast they’ll do it.

not in the general sense of the term...  I would call this conditioning...

3 people like this

Posted

They don't seem interested in fixing it either. Amazing how last years problems are still this years problems.

Gettlemen spends money on the O and invests this year.....he likely digs a hole he has to work around if he makes a mass coaching change.

Defensively he added talent.....that meshes with what he would hire in a new coach.

Said it since DG arrived. He ain't all in. If he was...he likely would add players that fit Ron's team and that wouldn't mesh with his new coach's ideas.

Now I bitch about DG not being sold and willing to invest on this O outside of bandits and one year castoffs.....but that probably is the right call if you are a good GM. Odds of RR not making it are probably better than him working out. But I am a RR and Cam guy....

Posted

Gettlemen spends money on the O and invests this year.....he likely digs a hole he has to work around if he makes a mass coaching change.

Defensively he added talent.....that meshes with what he would hire in a new coach.

Said it since DG arrived. He ain't all in. If he was...he likely would add players that fit Ron's team and that wouldn't mesh with his new coach's ideas.

Now I bitch about DG not being sold and willing to invest on this O outside of bandits and one year castoffs.....but that probably is the right call if you are a good GM. Odds of RR not making it are probably better than him working out. But I am a RR and Cam guy....

Gettleman had plenty of problems to deal with.  He changed a cap of 15 million over to almost 13 million under.  He fixed the D-line and brought in receivers.  He had one spot on the Oline to fill and did it with Williams.

He is all in but he is thinking long term not a one year fix.  He wanted Rivera and said so.  He likes where we are right now and realizes you can't fix everything year 1. I think DG wants Rivera to be here and will do everything to help him stay.

3 people like this

Posted

It just seems unfair to Cam in a similar way it was unfair to Jimmy. When you have a young qb it seems like other teams build around them. We haven't really done that with Cam and damn sure didn't do it with Jimmy.