Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Risers and Fallers - Eagles Edition

98 posts in this topic

Teams do NOT game plan a preseason game.

Maybe the 3rd but still not much at all.

The panthers got their asses handed to them planning or no - their heads were not in that game.  Thats the direct fault of the head coach.

The panthers got their asses handed to them planning or no - their heads were not in that game.  Thats the direct fault of the head coach.

Sorry if it doesn't worry me that players don't get their "heads in the game" for a meaningless preseason game on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Are you serious?

Stewart is on PUP now and can't even get healthy. Give me the rookie over the guy battling through years of nagging NFL injuries.

2008 Williams >> 2013 Williams

2008 Smith >> 2013 Smith

Not close and not a debate

2008 OL? Younger Gross and Wharton, Vincent Otah are better collectively. Otah was almost pro bowler caliber that year....

How many preseason games has Stewart ever played?  Yeah........................

I don't know if Williams in 2008 is better than 2013, I haven't seen a drop off.  I haven't seen a drop off with Smith.  It surely is a debate.

How can you judge the O-line in 2013 when we haven't played a game. 

Fallers

- Shula's playcalling

You fail at preseason viewing.

Also, fug you for making me defend Shula! Lol

1 person likes this

Zod defending Shula? Things have officially gotten out of hand here.

Again, Jake started to foreshadow what was coming at the end of the year in 2008 and Jeff Davidson was our OC....and we won how many games?

The 2008 cast surrounding Jake was strong and started up front on the OL and let a peaking version of Williams go off and a still prime Smitty go off.

We won in 2008 due to defense as much as offense.  Fox was always a defensive coach not an offensive one.  The offense was to score points and manage the game.  

In 2008 Smitty had 18 yards a catch and 7 TDs,  In 2011 it was 17.5 and 7 TDs.  In 2012 it was 16 yards a catch and 4 TDs.  He is not tailing off.

Jakes production in 2008 before Arizona was not that different than in 2003 when he took us to the Superbowl.  In 2003 he had a passer rating of 80.6 with 19 TDs and 16 Ints averaging 7.2 yards a catch.  In 2008 he had a passer rating of 84.5 with 15 TDs and 12 Ints averaging 7.9 yards a catch.

So like usual spin your opinion and ignore the facts.

Hmmm a thread called risers and fallers has gone 5 pages without any sexual innuendo... I need to go read all the reactionary threads to us losing a preseason game to make sure I'm in the right place.

good grief our corners looked like poop, particularly Captain and Drayton . Yeah, preseason, but it was still a half of football that you don't just kick dirt around on either. You do have to be concerned if the worries over the secondary will be as troublesome as many believed.

Ron felt like the boys looked real flat on the last day of training camp and it sure showed.

Lol, the perfect bait!