Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Risers and Fallers - Eagles Edition

Carolina Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#13 Creep59

Creep59

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Falling

Rivera

his team was NOT prepared and I wouldnt be suprised if his pick of Shula as oc was another huge blunder

#14 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Riser Gettis

Everyone else forgot to show up.

QB's all looked hit or miss, very training campish

RB's, no holes, so did the best with what they had

WR's did well for the horrible throws coming their way

OLine, they are what we thought they were, pedestrian and in need of an infusion on talent

DLine, looked slow and out of shape

LB's first game they did not look dominant, a step behind the fast paced offense

DB's same as LB corps, just a step behind all night

Special teams no not so good in coverage, but kicker has booming leg

Basically what I would have said. Although some of those miss throws could be charged to the OLine. We could have Adrian Peterson in the back field last night and it wouldn't have made a difference. There Dline was in a better position to take some of those hand offs.

I would like to see Norman improve in zone coverage however I starting cornerback duo of Norman and Thomas pleases me more than a Florence/Captain tandem. Melvin White had a nice tackle on one play, him and Dockery are by far the teams best open field tacklers out of the corner back group.

Mitchell has to learn how to play within the game. Even the hit last year on Cam IMO should have drawn a flag. Mitchell gave the eagles offense life right from the start. I like Mitchell and the attitude that he brings, but I also don't think we've seen our last personal foul penalty from 21 this year.

Lastly, some may disagree with this but I like what I've seen from Deangelo. He is running alot more like his old self than like the Deangelo of the last 2 years. He isn't going down on the first sign of contact and is fighting for extra yards.

And I'm once again excited about Gettis. I thought he showed more flashes than Lafell in 2010. If Gettis can get back on track and stay healthy this would be huge for the panthers. Can teach size and speed and he has both.

#15 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

Risers...

As Delhommey mentioned, those 2 DTs did flash.  One holding call on the Iggles had everything to do with KK beasting his guy.  Can't wait for these 2 to grown into their own..

Gettis, looked fantastic.  MUCH better hands than I gave him credit for as well.

DWill still has his vision and ability to make cuts.  Glad to see that, despite how irritating it is to see no holes develop..  But he still made things happen at times with nothing to work with.

Thomas Davis, despite the obvious, incredible to watch his athleticism out on the field.

Klein, only because I saw one play, which was rather insignificant..  but on zone coverage, he watched the flats, but then stepped back 7 yards or so and towards the sideline knowing his responsibility, despite not seeing the WR he took out of play by staying discipline with his assignment.  Just a small window I caught of that on the "game film"..  ;)

Fallers: 

yeah, saw a lot of major concerns last night..  preseason or not.

running out the clock with 40 some seconds left and you don't utilize that opportunity to improve your 2 minute drill?  Expecting a light switch to turn on when the regular season starts I guess..  very disappointing, although I was almost expecting it though.

Shula's situational playcalling..  fade to Smitty?  Sure, I can see why that's acceptable, but still, it's not.  Not at all really, even if it's the preseason.  I don't know if that was Cam's call or Shulas, but if I'm the OC and you've been working with your QB to take what the defense gives him, put some drags over the middle that naturally set picks and get a short 3 yard pass off..  Do something, anything, but a fade to the endzone on 3rd and 3(?)...  You would have had 3 more, if not 4, more opportunities to fug around after the fact.  Well, unless you score.  But what good could come from that? 

Our DL...  a lot of our corners lost coverage because the QB had WAAAY too much time to throw the ball or easily escaped the pass rush.  That was a big concern for me.  Especially if we are expecting these guys to immediately improve our secondary..

#16 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Falling

Rivera

his team was NOT prepared and I wouldnt be suprised if his pick of Shula as oc was another huge blunder

Teams do NOT game plan a preseason game.

Maybe the 3rd but still not much at all.

#17 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Risers

- Gettis: I would like to see him with the 1s and see what nosie he can make I think he has more then made a case for himself he just needs to keep improving.

- Norman: Please give this man his starting CB spot back he played well and has come to play two weeks in a row.

- Rookie DTs: Star and KK both showed promise again and I feel by mid-season they will feel very comfortable and things would have slowed for them. 

Falling

- Fua: Pleaseeeeeee cut this man ASAP I see no promise in him improving at all the man gets no push at the line he only gets pushed back.

- Cap: He reminded me why he needs to stay nickle.

- QB Anderson: He's starting to scare me with his play his throws have been off in both games.

#18 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Fallers

Hixon & Armanti- I don't care what you did with a previous team or during practice, if you aren't in the game making plays then you are falling. As it sits right now, both have been passed by Gettis and probably Ginn too. 

#19 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

one thing to keep in mind when people say "Fua gets pushed back"...

what they usually mean to say is he fell on the ground and is getting trampled over as the OL and RB moved to the 2nd level.

that's not a joke.  I saw it at least once last night.

#20 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

one thing to keep in mind when people say "Fua gets pushed back"...

what they usually mean to say is he fell on the ground and is getting trampled over as the OL and RB moved to the 2nd level.

that's not a joke.  I saw it at least once last night.

Yes you are correct and everytime I see that happen I'm shaking my head wondering why this man is still being let back into the game.

#21 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Teams do NOT game plan a preseason game.

Maybe the 3rd but still not much at all.

People lose sight of that....

For example if a team get blitz happy....Carolina offensively is still just going to stick with a small set of plays. They aren't going to adjust and open up a playbook based on what Philly is doing. Same on D.

I think our talent issues are more of a concern than Rivera.

Secondary will be a bigger issue some weaks based on the scheme opponent run....OL an issue against everyone

#22 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Stock Falling-Ken Dorsey none of our qbs have played well this preseason

#23 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Fua has been on the bottom of the totem pole that you have to assume he gets cut. He's as useful as a bag of rocks

#24 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Stock Falling-Ken Dorsey none of our qbs have played well this preseason

Starts with the OL IMO.