#46 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

can someone do a highlight snipit, if its ok with zod of course.  I missed the game..and hate nfl.com hack job highlights. 

sorry but our black on black uniforms are taken from a preschools "you can paint" with numbers book.

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

He brought in bandaid WRs

He was told RR was his coach this year

Sometimes the best players are already on the team.  Edwards and Gettis.  Ginn is a great returner and Hixon when healthy is good.  Our receiver corps is going to be best we have had in a decade.

As for Gettleman, what else would he say.  Did Gettleman makes any big changes with any part of the staff?  He has repeatedly said he thought the coaches and the staff were top notch.

#48 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Am I the only one that thought Josh Norman actually took a step back from the first game? It seemed when Vick was in the middle of going 9 for 9 on a couple drives it was Josh Norman's guy that was constantly wide open.

#49 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sometimes the best players are already on the team. Edwards and Gettis. Ginn is a great returner and Hixon when healthy is good. Our receiver corps is going to be best we have had in a decade.
As for Gettleman, what else would he say. Did Gettleman makes any big changes with any part of the staff? He has repeatedly said he thought the coaches and the staff were top notch.

I'll take 2008 over this group....

DG had no choice but to say nice things about the HC he was forced to have

#50 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,623 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Risers

- Nate Chandler
- Anderson Russell
- Josh Norman
- David Gettis
- Star & KK
- Brandon Williams

Fallers

- The right side of our O-Line
- Shula's playcalling
- Captain Munnerlyn
- Fua's sorry ass

#51 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Delhomme had a better cast in 2008. Younger Smith, Williams and Stewart. Better OL.

Greg Olsen doesn't counter all that.

And our RBs don't mean poo without OL blocking.....see last year. They were average

No he didn't.  Stewart was a rookie as was our right tackle. Williams did most of the work that year not Stewart.  Smith had Moose and nothing else and the O line was not better.   This line will be better, the receivers will be better, The tight ends will be better.  What else is there??

#52 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Fua has been on the bottom of the totem pole that you have to assume he gets cut. He's as useful as a bag of rocks

At least you can whack someone with a bag of rocks...

#53 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,512 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'll take 2008 over this group....

DG had no choice but to say nice things about the HC he was forced to have

Great thing you aren't the GM or coach.  You would have made Chud the head coach and ran the read option 90% of the time.  LOL

#54 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,903 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Am I the only one that thought Josh Norman actually took a step back from the first game? It seemed when Vick was in the middle of going 9 for 9 on a couple drives it was Josh Norman's guy that was constantly wide open.

I was wondering about that too, but I don't know if it was his man or someone else's.  Overall, I think that it's a stretch to say that he actually took a step back. He was so physical, and seemed to be always in the play (almost like a safety).  I feel that if he continues to play like he did, and get more reps, he's gonna take the ball away from the opposition.  I would say that he probably held serve, which is more than I can say for Munnerlyn, Florence, and maybe even Mitchell. I also think Josh Thomas held serve.

____

In my opinion the only real riser of the game was David Gettis, pure and simple.  He needs to be running with the ones, period.  I feel that Wes Horton was a riser, in a way, because he made a good accounting of himself---a case to stay on the roster.  The only other guy that I could say was a half-way riser is Ginn because not only did he look a little better in the receiving game, everybody else looked so meh in the return game that Ginn rose by default.

Like I said in another thread, "The hog mollies looked like hog follies on many occasions."  Our starters on both sides of the ball had a grade of average to wtf-is-going-on.  We didn't get the push that I expected on defense, and were actually the ones being pushed on our heels, and the O-line made a solid D-line look totally awesome.  When you look back at how the Pats made Philly's lines look basically like trash, it makes you wonder how far along our lines really are.  

Lastly, I am not going to judge Rivera, Shula and the offensive skilled positions as harshly because I have to think that we must be running a vanilla version of what's to come, but I would expect a much better showing next game. We obviously have tools, but something was missing last night. 

Btw, Zod, Poole looked OK, but he did get most of his yardage in one big run.  Don't know if that's an improvement, or just an aberration.

#55 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Risers:

Gettis-was better than Lafell during their rookie year...seems to be a gamer.  Would like to see him go deep and test his speed.

Gano-I think we forget this guy is only 26.  Finding a kicker for the future is huge.

Horton-made some plays and put some pressure on opposing QB's.  Could be a great practice squad stash.

Ginn-had to feel good to get in with the starters and make some grabs.  Maybe he does know the plays.

Barner the returner-sometimes its more important to see guys just field punts, and he did that well enough.  Think he got ran into by his own guy on the muff.  Still think Ginn returns punts but it gives Barner a way to get on the field.

Fallers:

Mike Mitchell-made a bonehead play that got the game off to a rocky start.  I don't care who you are I do NOT like players that make stupid mistakes like that.

Tackling-Florence and Davis got McCoy'd but its not like the tackling was great in other spots either, especially on special teams.  Seems to always be a problem with this team.

Cam-lets face it, he hasn't looked good at all this preseason.  Granted that is something that we've seen before but it would nice for Cam to come out and play sharp just once.  Brady carved up the Eagles' terrible secondary last week (they did run a larger variety of plays) so its tough to see how far Cam is from being elite.  At one point the defense shifted to the right and Cam ran a play right into it...if he checks the play to the other side it could have been a big gainer.  His decision making, accuracy and presnap reads seem to be his biggest problems right now. 

Tight Ends Not named Olsen-they were virtually invisible throughout the game.

#56 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

I was wondering about that too, but I don't know if it was his man or someone else's.  Overall, I think that it's a stretch to say that he actually took a step back. He was so physical, and seemed to be always in the play (almost like a safety).  I feel that if he continues to play like he did, and get more reps, he's gonna take the ball away from the opposition.  I would say that he probably held serve, which is more than I can say for Munnerlyn, Florence, and maybe even Mitchell. I also think Josh Thomas held serve.

I dont think any CB held serve, but this offense took us totally by surprise.  McCoy made Florence look foolish along with about 3 other players on that one run play.

#57 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

No he didn't. Stewart was a rookie as was our right tackle. Williams did most of the work that year not Stewart. Smith had Moose and nothing else and the O line was not better. This line will be better, the receivers will be better, The tight ends will be better. What else is there??

Are you serious?

Stewart is on PUP now and can't even get healthy. Give me the rookie over the guy battling through years of nagging NFL injuries.

2008 Williams >> 2013 Williams
2008 Smith >> 2013 Smith

Not close and not a debate

2008 OL? Younger Gross and Wharton, Vincent Otah are better collectively. Otah was almost pro bowler caliber that year....

#58 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

No he didn't. Stewart was a rookie as was our right tackle. Williams did most of the work that year not Stewart. Smith had Moose and nothing else and the O line was not better. This line will be better, the receivers will be better, The tight ends will be better. What else is there??

Are you serious?

Stewart is on PUP now and can't even get healthy. Give me the rookie over the guy battling through years of nagging NFL injuries.

2008 Williams >> 2013 Williams
2008 Smith >> 2013 Smith

Not close and not a debate

2008 OL? Younger Gross and Wharton, Vincent Otah are better collectively. Otah was almost pro bowler caliber that year....

#59 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Again, Jake started to foreshadow what was coming at the end of the year in 2008 and Jeff Davidson was our OC....and we won how many games?

The 2008 cast surrounding Jake was strong and started up front on the OL and let a peaking version of Williams go off and a still prime Smitty go off.

#60 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

The defense looked aweful, but in the end only allowed 14 points... I know they threw the ball all over us, but in the end turnovers are turnovers... My concern is that the offense hasn't been able to do anything at all with those turnovers. 8 offense possession have led to 13 points... that's not gonna beat even the jets of last year.

So either the offense sucks overall, the oC sucks, or a piece of the offense sucks, and they need to get it in order soon. I know everyone is whiney about the defense, but if we are gonna start winning, we need to start putting some real weapons around Cam Newton. No matter where we draft next year, we need to take the best tacke/wr or any combination of those there of in the first and second round.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.