97 replies to this topic

#61 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Teams do NOT game plan a preseason game.

Maybe the 3rd but still not much at all.

The panthers got their asses handed to them planning or no - their heads were not in that game.  Thats the direct fault of the head coach.

#62 MCC

MCC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

The panthers got their asses handed to them planning or no - their heads were not in that game.  Thats the direct fault of the head coach.

Sorry if it doesn't worry me that players don't get their "heads in the game" for a meaningless preseason game on the road.

#63 bigbucks

bigbucks

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#64 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Are you serious?

Stewart is on PUP now and can't even get healthy. Give me the rookie over the guy battling through years of nagging NFL injuries.

2008 Williams >> 2013 Williams
2008 Smith >> 2013 Smith

Not close and not a debate

2008 OL? Younger Gross and Wharton, Vincent Otah are better collectively. Otah was almost pro bowler caliber that year....

How many preseason games has Stewart ever played?  Yeah........................

I don't know if Williams in 2008 is better than 2013, I haven't seen a drop off.  I haven't seen a drop off with Smith.  It surely is a debate.

How can you judge the O-line in 2013 when we haven't played a game. 

#65 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

Fallers

- Shula's playcalling

You fail at preseason viewing.

Also, fug you for making me defend Shula! Lol

#66 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

Zod defending Shula? Things have officially gotten out of hand here.

#67 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Again, Jake started to foreshadow what was coming at the end of the year in 2008 and Jeff Davidson was our OC....and we won how many games?

The 2008 cast surrounding Jake was strong and started up front on the OL and let a peaking version of Williams go off and a still prime Smitty go off.

We won in 2008 due to defense as much as offense.  Fox was always a defensive coach not an offensive one.  The offense was to score points and manage the game.  

In 2008 Smitty had 18 yards a catch and 7 TDs,  In 2011 it was 17.5 and 7 TDs.  In 2012 it was 16 yards a catch and 4 TDs.  He is not tailing off.

Jakes production in 2008 before Arizona was not that different than in 2003 when he took us to the Superbowl.  In 2003 he had a passer rating of 80.6 with 19 TDs and 16 Ints averaging 7.2 yards a catch.  In 2008 he had a passer rating of 84.5 with 15 TDs and 12 Ints averaging 7.9 yards a catch.

So like usual spin your opinion and ignore the facts.

#68 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hmmm a thread called risers and fallers has gone 5 pages without any sexual innuendo... I need to go read all the reactionary threads to us losing a preseason game to make sure I'm in the right place.

#69 BigBoss

BigBoss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

good grief our corners looked like poop, particularly Captain and Drayton . Yeah, preseason, but it was still a half of football that you don't just kick dirt around on either. You do have to be concerned if the worries over the secondary will be as troublesome as many believed.

Ron felt like the boys looked real flat on the last day of training camp and it sure showed.

#70 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,511 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

Lol, the perfect bait!

#71 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Nakamura has a nice game.

#72 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Gettis is definitely on the upswing. I don't think he proven ha has earned a spot running with the ones. He looked good but he was practically the only receiver getting anything catchable thrown his way and it was against 2nd and 3rd string secondary. Yes the light is getting brighter but keep it in perspective. One thing is for sure he is the chosen one of the huddle. Huggers were loving him up the last couple of years and he didn't even play.

#73 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Jason Wiliams had a good game.

#74 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

How many preseason games has Stewart ever played? Yeah........................

I don't know if Williams in 2008 is better than 2013, I haven't seen a drop off. I haven't seen a drop off with Smith. It surely is a debate.

How can you judge the O-line in 2013 when we haven't played a game.

Stewart played in the preseason as a rookie... 16 games as a rookie. As he ages, his injury process is impacting his ability to play more and more.

You don't know if a 25 yr old version of NFL RB Williams that was a comical video game was better than a 30 yr old version.

Steve Smith can't take the top off a D like he could in 2008 and his routes are now altered. Speed and explosiveness are clearly different now. Still a great WR but not what he was. Claiming you don't know if 89 is less of a player than he was a half decade ago.....well, you aren't being honest with yourself

It isn't debatable that Williams and Smitty are now older....and lack some of what they had a half decade ago.

#75 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Gettis is definitely on the upswing. I don't think he proven ha has earned a spot running with the ones. He looked good but he was practically the only receiver getting anything catchable thrown his way and it was against 2nd and 3rd string secondary. Yes the light is getting brighter but keep it in perspective. One thing is for sure he is the chosen one of the huddle. Huggers were loving him up the last couple of years and he didn't even play.

Deserves a spot over who? Smitty, LaFell and even Ginn have made nice plays against 1's

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.