• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

http://www.phillymag...e-4-te-package/

Article breaks down a few plays from last night's game.  Chip Kelly created a lot mismatches against our defense.  

#2 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

lol @ him and philly gameplanning and taking preseason serious

#3 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

I mean, he's implementing a completely different offense.  I don't see a problem with him game planning more than other teams.

#4 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

And I don't even think you can say they were "game planning" versus just tying new things out.  Pre-season is glorified practice.  

I just hate hearing people say the Eagles game planned and we didn't and that's why we looked bad.  I'm tired of hearing excuses.

#5 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,418 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

he blitzed us with this new look offense something the panthers or the NFL had seen from them. I dont know if this will work in the regular season but its going to be alot tougher once they get flim on them. 

#6 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

This offense will rack up plenty of yards.  But I have a feeling they are going to turn the ball over a lot.

#7 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,653 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

And I don't even think you can say they were "game planning" versus just tying new things out.  Pre-season is glorified practice.  

I just hate hearing people say the Eagles game planned and we didn't and that's why we looked bad.  I'm tired of hearing excuses.

Sorry facts make you sad :(

We ran super vanilla, they ran parts of Oregons complex offense. What exactly would you expect to happen Defensively 

#8 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I just don't see how his Offense and players will hold up through an entire NFL season. Yeah they might be good right out of the gate a couple of games, but that fast pace offense will tire players out big time.

#9 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

lol @ him and philly gameplanning and taking preseason serious

really?  i was laughing at us looking totally lost last night, i just wish i found it funny.  are u laughing b/c they are actually getting ready for the season?

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,484 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

We've already got Kelly fanboys, nice.

#11 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Our CBs couldn't even come close to covering their WRs on a lot of plays.  They looked horrible.  That has nothing to do with this "complex" Kelly offense.  The young DTs were going against a pretty good OL and that showed as well.  They aren't going to be amazing right off the bat despite looking that way against Chicago.  

When you look at how our guys actually played, they looked bad. But everyone is just chalking it up as pre-season play that doesn't matter.  Which is stupid.

I recall Rivera saying something about wanting to win these games to creating a winning attitude in order to try and prevent another slow start.  They didn't come close to playing with that kind of attitude.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

I just don't see how his Offense and players will hold up through an entire NFL season. Yeah they might be good right out of the gate a couple of games, but that fast pace offense will tire players out big time.

yea that could be a factor.  how long can they keep it up, or if they stumble, do they doubt themselves?  they have endless possibilities though and seem to be buying into the system.

#13 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • 2,038 posts
  • LocationWashington State

really?  i was laughing at us looking totally lost last night, i just wish i found it funny.  are u laughing b/c they are actually getting ready for the season?

so because we lost 9 to 14 in a meaningless preseason game we are not getting ready for the season? smdh..

#14 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

We've already got Kelly fanboys, nice.

Yep, I'm a Chip Kelly fan boy!!!

You got me!!!

Now, keep trying to pretend our team didn't look like poop last night.  We have time to improve, no doubt.  But like I said, we need to be more realistic in our excuse making.

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,196 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

so because we lost 9 to 14 in a meaningless preseason game we are not getting ready for the season? smdh..

sure, if that's what you got out of that statement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com