86 replies to this topic

#1 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

I can't help but feel trepidation after watching the last couple of preseason games - particularly on the offense. Yes I know they are preseason. Yes I know we aren't opening the playbook. But I have to say the offense looks way behind just like last preseason and I'm afraid we're going to get off to that same, slow start we do every year under Rivera. I'm especially concerned about Cam's play. Similar high passes sailing over receivers heads and pocket jitters. It's year 3 now. Shouldn't he be more accurate by now and have better pocket presence???? Sure I know the offensive line isn't top notch which brings up another point - we are just an injury or two away from having a complete disaster to our offensive line. I'll stay positive and hope that Cam and crew get their game face on at the start of the regular season. I just hope we don't start out like we've done the last few years. Rivera won't make it out of week 4 if that happens...

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,515 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

yes. the panthers are going to go 0-16. ron rivera will turn into a cyborg and blow up the stadium with lasers from his dick. charlotte will fall into a bottomless black hole and north carolina will literally explode into a greasy fireball of bojangles and ruined dreams. we are all going to die. prepare yourself.

#3 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

tumblr_mcmd0nkugj1rdfvo9o1_400.gif

#4 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

Just wanted to get in before the lock!

#5 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

yes. the panthers are going to go 0-16. ron rivera will turn into a cyborg and blow up the stadium with lasers from his dick. charlotte will fall into a bottomless black hole and north carolina will literally explode into a greasy fireball of bojangles and ruined dreams. we are all going to die. prepare yourself.

I really think you are exaggerating.

#6 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

No

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

as a general rule, I prefer not to worry until I see the games that actually count

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Ask me during the BYE week.

#9 auburnman

auburnman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

I know people are going to blow up on you but I actually agree...they didnt look good.  I know the arguments but a lot of other teams looked much better with their starting squad.  Might not mean anything, but it doesnt change the fact that they didnt look that good.

#10 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

This is the greatest post for preseason "chicken littles" that I have ever seen.  Dank-U mista.  Thank you!

#11 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

you can worry all you want, but the fact is, it is pointless because you have no say or control in what happens.  we can only go along for the ride.  i tend to limit my worries to personal life where i at least have some input or control.

i like rivera okay, but i dont like the fact the new GM had no say in the coach.  that is what bugged me more than anything this offseason.

#12 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Knew I was going to flamed for starting this... OK I'll say it - I have no confidence we are going to get off to this 'fast start' that everyone is hoping for. I frankly have no confidence in Rivera after seeing the same old crap last couple games training camp. Cam getting picked left and right, overthrowing receivers. Don't have much confidence in him either right now. Cam + Rivera = LOSING GAMES!! Change either one and maybe we can get somewhere but I see a disaster heading our way until then. We are going to effing SUCK! Flame away!!!!

#13 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Knew I was going to flamed for starting this... OK I'll say it - I have no confidence we are going to get off to this 'fast start' that everyone is hoping for. I frankly have no confidence in Rivera after seeing the same old crap last couple games and during training camp. Cam getting picked left and right, overthrowing receivers. Don't have much confidence in him either right now. Cam + Rivera = LOSING GAMES!! Change either one and maybe we can get somewhere but I see a disaster heading our way until then. We are going to effing SUCK! Flame away!!!!

#14 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

:lolu:

#15 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Why do people make this assumption that when someone says, "hey the panthers haven't looked sharp, and haven't really had any consistency" that this is the response?

Is that honestly what you think the OP was worried about or are you just being a d bag?  Because its hard to tell sometimes.

Me personally, until the panthers show me a reason NOT to be concerned then I am.  I'm not concerned with the front 7, or Norman's development, or our wide receivers, BUT I am concerned about the offensive line and Cam's accuracy and decision making.  He could have hit smith on a long play on third down and he simply made a terrible throw.  That's not a preseason thing or playing vanilla, or not game planning...that's a Cam thing and it has been for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com