Photo
- - - - -

Gettle can't really be this oblivious, could he?

Best Answer CarolinaNCSU, 16 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

The staff has known who is currently out there. Once cuts come through, there will be new guys to look at. Kind of hard to make moves until cuts have been made. 

If we go into the season with this current group, then yeah, I'll be pissed then. For now? Patience it is. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

If you want Cam to make more plays from the pocket, then give him a damn line. Stop waiting on a 4th round pick who has never even played against the talent he will see in the NFL. I really hope he's just playing dumb and waiting till final cuts.

#2 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

He's being smart and waiting for cuts.

#3 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

...and for Wharton's price to come down

#4 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

I have faith in Gettleman, he has done nothing but good since being hired. Got us around 13 million above the cap and even told Cam it's time for him to win. I have liked all his moves thus far, but we will see...

#5 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

He's being smart and waiting for cuts.

I will gladly admit if I am wrong but I really have this feeling that we aren't going to find a starting quality linemen after cuts.

I think people are putting waaay too much hope in this.

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

...and for Wharton's price to come down

Wharton is not the answer. I remember I had NFL rewind the offseason where we cut him, so I reviewed our whole team in preparation for the draft. He was missing blocks left and right and was on the decline. Last year he tore up his knee and was not healthy enough for camp yet with the Bengals this year.

I don't think asking price is the problem as much as health and ability is at this point.

#7 LelouchBritannia

LelouchBritannia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Pressure from the pocket isn't Cam's problem. It is Cam. He has no problem buying time, the problem is he goes full Jamarcus Russell sometimes and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I love Cam, but damn man. I would say the running backs need a decent oline way more than Cam does.

#8 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,778 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

No, Gettleman has forgotten more about football than all the huddlers combined will ever learn.

#9 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

We've cut Hangman and brought in others guys so it's not like Gettleman is doing nothing but it's a work in progress.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

I have faith in Gettleman, he has done nothing but good since being hired. Got us around 13 million above the cap and even told Cam it's time for him to win. I have liked all his moves thus far, but we will see...

Plus he drafted Stah.

#11 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,669 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ahhh, the Cam Newton and Jamarcus Russell comparisons have begun.

#12 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,745 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:57 AM   Best Answer

The staff has known who is currently out there. Once cuts come through, there will be new guys to look at. Kind of hard to make moves until cuts have been made. 

If we go into the season with this current group, then yeah, I'll be pissed then. For now? Patience it is. 

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

I will gladly admit if I am wrong but I really have this feeling that we aren't going to find a starting quality linemen after cuts.

I think people are putting waaay too much hope in this.

and i dont know why either.  wharton or moore was my best hope, but who knows.  it's not as if teams are cutting starting quality olinemen for the helluva it.

i'm nervous, despite the two solid games, Gettis doesnt even make the team.

#14 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Pressure from the pocket isn't Cam's problem. It is Cam. He has no problem buying time, the problem is he goes full Jamarcus Russell sometimes and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I love Cam, but damn man. I would say the running backs need a decent oline way more than Cam does.

Newton is nothing like JaMarcus Russell.

He's a lot like a young Brett Favre.

folks these days forget there was a time when people weren't sure if Favre was going to be a quality starter. He needed some improvement, and he got it. No reason why Newton can't do the same.

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,282 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Man, this is such an idiotic statement. I'm gonna take it you're troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.