Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettle can't really be this oblivious, could he?

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you want Cam to make more plays from the pocket, then give him a damn line. Stop waiting on a 4th round pick who has never even played against the talent he will see in the NFL. I really hope he's just playing dumb and waiting till final cuts.

Posted · Report post

He's being smart and waiting for cuts.
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

...and for Wharton's price to come down
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have faith in Gettleman, he has done nothing but good since being hired. Got us around 13 million above the cap and even told Cam it's time for him to win. I have liked all his moves thus far, but we will see...

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He's being smart and waiting for cuts.

I will gladly admit if I am wrong but I really have this feeling that we aren't going to find a starting quality linemen after cuts.

I think people are putting waaay too much hope in this.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

...and for Wharton's price to come down

Wharton is not the answer. I remember I had NFL rewind the offseason where we cut him, so I reviewed our whole team in preparation for the draft. He was missing blocks left and right and was on the decline. Last year he tore up his knee and was not healthy enough for camp yet with the Bengals this year.

I don't think asking price is the problem as much as health and ability is at this point.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Pressure from the pocket isn't Cam's problem. It is Cam. He has no problem buying time, the problem is he goes full Jamarcus Russell sometimes and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I love Cam, but damn man. I would say the running backs need a decent oline way more than Cam does.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

No, Gettleman has forgotten more about football than all the huddlers combined will ever learn.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

We've cut Hangman and brought in others guys so it's not like Gettleman is doing nothing but it's a work in progress.

Posted · Report post

I have faith in Gettleman, he has done nothing but good since being hired. Got us around 13 million above the cap and even told Cam it's time for him to win. I have liked all his moves thus far, but we will see...

Plus he drafted Stah.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ahhh, the Cam Newton and Jamarcus Russell comparisons have begun.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The staff has known who is currently out there. Once cuts come through, there will be new guys to look at. Kind of hard to make moves until cuts have been made. 

If we go into the season with this current group, then yeah, I'll be pissed then. For now? Patience it is.