Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettle can't really be this oblivious, could he?

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I will gladly admit if I am wrong but I really have this feeling that we aren't going to find a starting quality linemen after cuts.

I think people are putting waaay too much hope in this.

and i dont know why either.  wharton or moore was my best hope, but who knows.  it's not as if teams are cutting starting quality olinemen for the helluva it.

i'm nervous, despite the two solid games, Gettis doesnt even make the team.

Posted · Report post

Pressure from the pocket isn't Cam's problem. It is Cam. He has no problem buying time, the problem is he goes full Jamarcus Russell sometimes and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I love Cam, but damn man. I would say the running backs need a decent oline way more than Cam does.

Newton is nothing like JaMarcus Russell.

He's a lot like a young Brett Favre.

folks these days forget there was a time when people weren't sure if Favre was going to be a quality starter. He needed some improvement, and he got it. No reason why Newton can't do the same.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Pressure from the pocket isn't Cam's problem. It is Cam. He has no problem buying time, the problem is he goes full Jamarcus Russell sometimes and cannot hit the broad side of a barn. I love Cam, but damn man. I would say the running backs need a decent oline way more than Cam does.

Man, this is such an idiotic statement. I'm gonna take it you're troll.

Posted · Report post

Add my name to the crowd who's not expecting a new starter to come via cuts. Some upgraded depth is quite possible but a starter is doubtful.

Play calling will make a huge difference in itself and we will be okay. We survived 2 years of Bell at RT and Gary Williams showed enough in camp to prove he's an upgrade over what we had at RG last year. The rest of the line has 0% chance of being affected by cuts.

Posted · Report post

and i dont know why either.  wharton or moore was my best hope, but who knows.  it's not as if teams are cutting starting quality olinemen for the helluva it.

I keep beating this dead horse but people also need to remember we aren't the only team looking for help either.  The Packers, Cowboys, Bears, and Broncos also need some offensive linemen.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Jamarcus Russel? Are you serious? jesus christ, there are so many qbs that you can compare him to. Jamarcus Russel should be the furthest from your mind. Is it because they are both black? sigh...smh

Posted · Report post

Lmao Jamarcus Russel?

GTFO. Stupid post is stupid.

Posted · Report post

Even Warren Sapp, who's analysis is usually terrible. Said the o-line has to do a better job blocking for not only Cam, but the run game. If not, it's going to be another season with Cam trying to do everything and him carrying the team.

Posted · Report post

At this point the Oline is more critical for the running game than the passing game imo. Cam does have time, and he can buy more...

But Dwill has lttle room on a regular basis. Damn give the guy a lane and he will make big gain
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I take it as none of the remaining free agents are worth picking up. Many of you screamed for Moore and called the front office idiots but look how that turned out.

Posted · Report post

Newton is nothing like JaMarcus Russell.

He's a lot like a young Brett Favre.

folks these days for get there was a time when people weren't sure if Favre was going to be a quality starter. He needed some improvement, and he got it. No reason why Newton can't do the same.

a slightly more accurate, less mistake prone, and much more mobile version of young favre.

Posted · Report post

If you want Cam to make more plays from the pocket, then give him a damn line. Stop waiting on a 4th round pick who has never even played against the talent he will see in the NFL. I really hope he's just playing dumb and waiting till final cuts.

I personally think he is tanking the season so he can get rid of Rivera and bring in his coach and secure another high draft pick.  Then it will officially be his team.

The above comment is hyperbole and is intended to incite the Chicken Littles  among us.  Watch someone take this literal and blast me.  3...2...1...

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments