Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I grow less and less fond of Mike Mitchell.

277 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Growl makes a very good point
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As long as it's not Haruki Nakumura I don't care who is the other safety. 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

we need more nasty. i'm more than willing to put up with the occassional 10-15 yards for a guy that can get the job done AND worry the guy with the ball.

Posted · Report post

Never really got around to liking the hire, but an upgrade to Naka.. is an upgrade to Naka. So I can't bitch.

Posted · Report post

He reminds me of Marlon McCree in his style of play.

I was excited with the signing b/c I've tried to keep up with him since he was projected as an UDFA and the Raiders took him in the 2nd round IIRC. His measureables were really good (as you should expect b/c Oakland drafted him), and I knew he has gotten better each year, so I was hopeful about this signing... I still am.

The defense needs an edge and he walks that line. For too long, we've lacked a guy that struck fear into receivers coming over the middle, and he can be that guy for us. We'll see what happens the more he's out there, but even if it doesn't work out with him, I love Campbell's potential as well.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need more attitude, not less. I suspect that our coaches will help keep him reasonably in line.

Posted · Report post

I dont know why he has been hyped by so many people around here in the first place, he was never any good in Oakland. He was drafted in the 2nd round and never lived up to it. Tyron Branch ended up taking his spot and he is piss poor in pass coverage as well all he was good for was hard hits and blitzing so hey if you want another Nakamura fug up collection this year  dont be surprised if Mitchell gives it too you.

Posted · Report post

Penalties hurt worse than the attitude helps. If you can't play under control, you have no business being on a football field in the NFL. 

Posted · Report post

Everybody wants junkyard dawgs until they kill u with terrible penalties on third down.

I love a bit of attitude, especially on defense, but it has to be controlled and not detrimental.

Posted · Report post

Mean streak and smart play is formidable.

Mean streak and average play is "benchable". 

Mean streak and dumb play is expendable. 

This is what I would tell Mitchell, and tell him to make the choice.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Still funny to me that we signed him when Ed reed, Kerry Rhodes, Adrian Wilson, Bernard pollard, ect were all available

Posted · Report post

The secondary sucks. blitz everybody. Brees is gonna have a field day.