Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Growl

I grow less and less fond of Mike Mitchell.

277 posts in this topic

Besides the penalty it's not like he's making glaring mistakes, he's making tackles when he gets the chance and he's not blowing coverages. Slow down

Besides the penalty it's not like he's making glaring mistakes, he's making tackles when he gets the chance and he's not blowing coverages. Slow down

Unfortunately this isn't actually the case.

DJ Campbell will likely win the SS job again later this season when Mitchell starts to struggle in coverage. Quite frankly, I don't know why he was forgotten about so fast. He wasn't flashy during our win streak but I recall Campbell swatting away sure completions to Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates and making clean tackles in the open field.

1 person likes this

Growl makes a very good point

1 person likes this

As long as it's not Haruki Nakumura I don't care who is the other safety. 

3 people like this

we need more nasty. i'm more than willing to put up with the occassional 10-15 yards for a guy that can get the job done AND worry the guy with the ball.

Never really got around to liking the hire, but an upgrade to Naka.. is an upgrade to Naka. So I can't bitch.

He reminds me of Marlon McCree in his style of play.

I was excited with the signing b/c I've tried to keep up with him since he was projected as an UDFA and the Raiders took him in the 2nd round IIRC. His measureables were really good (as you should expect b/c Oakland drafted him), and I knew he has gotten better each year, so I was hopeful about this signing... I still am.

The defense needs an edge and he walks that line. For too long, we've lacked a guy that struck fear into receivers coming over the middle, and he can be that guy for us. We'll see what happens the more he's out there, but even if it doesn't work out with him, I love Campbell's potential as well.

1 person likes this

We need more attitude, not less. I suspect that our coaches will help keep him reasonably in line.