Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

I grow less and less fond of Mike Mitchell.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#136 The Claw

The Claw

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

From what I've seen so far...he looks like a liability.  He seems more concerned with hitting and running his mouth than covering.  Safeties didn't look great tonight.

#137 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm just now starting up my recording of the game, so I can't necessarily say "I told you so," but again, to cherrypick statistics and act like Mitchell hasn't built up the rep he has for a reason is silly. As another poster said, if what you guys are saying is true, this is mountain evidence.

The Brandon Meriweather comparison was quite fair.

#138 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,164 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

He didn't hit the guy helmet to helmet. It was ruled a late hit, thus unnecessary roughness. He was literally still flying through the air as the receiver was coming to the ground. It's not like he could've stopped himself mid air.

#139 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,207 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Quintin Mikell

#140 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

I think he also knocked out Nimrod Taylor. The hit was legal but he did taunt afterwards. I love the aggression and intimidation, but he may cause more problems than he's worth.

#141 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just a little bump for posterity. Look at how much some of you have changed your minds over half a damn season and remember that next time you want to make a sweeping generalization about a player.

#142 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lawl. Quite a different tune.

Some day we may be bumping Fua threads.

...jk

#143 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Lol what has Mitchell done to invalidate my initial post?

I'm willing to see how he pans out, and it's always nice to have some attitude on your defense, but this is certainly something I'm going to keep an eye on this season. We Panthers fans are well aware of Mitchell's history of being sort of a cheap player, as we saw in the Oakland game last season. His reputation preceded him here to Carolina, and we heard numerous times throughout camp of a Back or Receiver getting up and getting in his face after a dirty shot or some such

Mitchell DID have a reputation as a dirty player in Oakland. That's an undeniable truth. I said I would keep an eye on him when he displayed those same traits in preseason and even said I'm willing to give him an opportunity because I do want some attitude on our defense but it was worth watching.

#144 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,164 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Uh oh. Well look at that...

#145 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Just a little bump for posterity. Look at how much some of you have changed your minds over half a damn season and remember that next time you want to make a sweeping generalization about a player.

Calm down, princess. Not everything is about you.

#146 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Been our single most explosive difference making player in the secondary and put himself in the discussion for the biggest breakout player in the NFL this year. The only worse thing than being wrong is being stubborn and wrong.

He hasn't cost our team anything with a penalty this season. He has been an imposing presence all year long. Take your lumps.

#147 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I love when someone is wrong and instead of just saying, "Well, I was wrong.  My bad." they try to justify their opinion.  Everyone has been wrong before and we'll all be wrong again.  It just makes you look like a dumbass when you try to justify it and defend it.  Just own it.

#148 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Been our single most explosive difference making player in the secondary and put himself in the discussion for the biggest breakout player in the NFL this year. The only worse thing than being wrong is being stubborn and wrong.

He hasn't cost our team anything with a penalty this season. He has been an imposing presence all year long. Take your lumps.

False. Add lol at the "breakout player comment." Drop the bias. We can discuss his merits (that I full stated I was willing to give him a chance to demonstrate) without overhyping him.

#149 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

Um, Mitchell has one penalty, a personal foul.  Hardy and Captain lead the team in penalties with four each.

#150 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

He's had one penalty this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.