Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

I grow less and less fond of Mike Mitchell.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#151 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

False. Add lol at the "breakout player comment." Drop the bias. We can discuss his merits (that I full stated I was willing to give him a chance to demonstrate) without overhyping him.

You also said that he had the potential to be one of the most hated panthers of this decade. Are you serious going to go to war with the comments you made in this thread?

Just because you kept one toe out of the deep end and threw out qualifiers like "I would give him a chance and will wait to see how he does BUT .... he's an idiot and he's going to cost our team games", doesn't mean you have immunity from your own opinion.

#152 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

I love when someone is wrong and instead of just saying, "Well, I was wrong.  My bad." they try to justify their opinion.  Everyone has been wrong before and we'll all be wrong again.  It just makes you look like a dumbass when you try to justify it and defend it.  Just own it.

It looks more as if someone came into this thread getting ready to go OH YEEAHHH HAHAHAHA and ended up disappointed when they found out there was nothing to call out.

#153 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I grow more and more fond of Mike Mitchell :)

#154 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

You also said that he had the potential to be one of the most hated panthers of this decade. Are you serious going to go to war with the comments you made in this thread?

Just because you kept one toe out of the deep end and threw out qualifiers like "I would give him a chance and will wait to see how he does BUT .... he's an idiot and he's going to cost our team games", doesn't mean you have immunity from your own opinion.

Hahahaha did you just call someone saying they were taking a wait and see approach as making "qualifiers"..?

Again, you bumped this thread with the sole intention of going HAH TOLD YOU SO!!! and now that you've realized there's nothing to "tell" you're trying to railroad one in.

#155 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

2d7tpp0.gif

#156 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

when your thread title is "I grow less and less fond of Mitchell" it doesn't matter if you fill your post with qualifiers, people are going to think you were growing less and less fond of Mitchell, even if you weren't saying "I grow less and less fond.. SO CUT HIM NOW."

A bunch of us were wrong about him.  I was concerned by his behavior but I was wrong.  We needed his attitude.

#157 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,174 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I was definitely a bit irked at his tendency to go for the big hit vs. making the play early on but the coaches seem to have got him to buy in to staying under control and he's doing very well back there. We just need someone that can keep plays in front of him, receivers aren't intimidated these days anyways.

#158 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

when your thread title is "I grow less and less fond of Mitchell" it doesn't matter if you fill your post with qualifiers, people are going to think you were growing less and less fond of Mitchell, even if you weren't saying "I grow less and less fond.. SO CUT HIM NOW."

A bunch of us were wrong about him.  I was concerned by his behavior but I was wrong.  We needed his attitude.

So I'm supposed to be moved by the Huddle's attention deficit disorder or....?

No thanks. Thanks, however, for giving me a general belief about anyone who is trying to force a HA-HA out of this. I now believe that each and every one feels this way because they lack the ability to sit still for 45 seconds and read.

#159 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,292 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

so much hubris

#160 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

It looks more as if someone came into this thread getting ready to go OH YEEAHHH HAHAHAHA and ended up disappointed when they found out there was nothing to call out.

Mitchell brings nothing but a cheap Raider attitude this season and proves good for not much more than flags while living up to his reputation of being average in the most crucial part of a Safety's skillset (his pass coverage) then I wouldn't mind his leash being a short one. I like DJ Campbell and wouldn't mind tossing him out there to let him grow and not give the enemy free yards with boneheaded cheap shots.

the fact of the matter is if in two months Mitchell maintains his attitude and level of play, he's a prime suspect to be one of the most hated Panthers this decade.

He's been one of three people on the Mitchell train ever since he saw that stupid youtube video showing how much "zomg, heart!" Mitchell has.

To the matter at hand, the simple fact of it is, is that if Mitchell's reputation follows him here to Carolina he won't last. Poor players don't get to make idiot penalties

This is one of my personal favorites:

Just because you don't know enough about players who aren't on the Panthers roster, doesn't mean that there aren't other footballs fans who are intelligent enough to evaluate and assess bodies of work for other players

There's no insults here, only the cold hard reality that Mitchell has a reputation as a below average player and a history of dirty shots

I just reminded you that just because you aren't well enough informed of Mitchell's career history, expecting others to have the same lack of knowledge is nonsensical.

Why should I have to go through the effort of pointing what has been confirmed in the context of this thread as common information to any football fan who doesn't exclusively watch the Panthers? For a career backup no less lol.

the reason Godfrey has more penalties than Mitchell is because Mitchell is a career backup who wasn't talented enough to crack the starting roster other than in rotational situations. if you' aren't even aware of that, then not only does it reveal the caliber of intellect we're dealing with here, but it only further serves to validate your ignorance.

So we have a safety (of all positions) who can't cover, but boy gee golly, at least he'll be a strong 4th LB in the box in a defense that won't be asking him to do that pretty much ever.

And frankly I am not going to read the last few pages of the thread because I'm tired of seeing how wrong you are. This is pathetic. Own it.

#161 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

so much hubris

I'm either prideful or won't hedge my bets, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

#162 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

So how is the above post? Is that enough information for you out of your own mouth or do I need to quote a few more? There are PLENTY left to choose from. The boards just limited the number of times I could quote you. Just say the word.

#163 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

So I'm supposed to be moved by the Huddle's attention deficit disorder or....?

No thanks. Thanks, however, for giving me a general belief about anyone who is trying to force a HA-HA out of this. I now believe that each and every one feels this way because they lack the ability to sit still for 45 seconds and read.

I see no reason to call you out, I was just pointing out why people were doing that.

my recollection of this thread was you seemed awfully negative about Mitchell.  I don't really blame you, and I think people making a big deal out of this are being a bit silly.. I think the coaches DID talk to him about his penalties, and I think he has played smarter since the preseason, so w/e.

#164 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Vagrant weren't you the guy that didn't want Cam Newton because, as you explained in so many words, he was black?

#165 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

This is one of my personal favorites:

So we have a safety (of all positions) who can't cover, but boy gee golly, at least he'll be a strong 4th LB in the box in a defense that won't be asking him to do that pretty much ever.

And frankly I am not going to read the last few pages of the thread because I'm tired of seeing how wrong you are. This is pathetic. Own it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Within the context of those posts, I spoke on Mitchell's reputation as a dirty player (accurate) him being a career backup (accurate) and him playing as a primarily as in the box safety because he had graded out poorly in coverage (accurate) and would be very interested to see how he would grade out as a player if he wasn't playing behind the best front 7 in football.

How frustrating was it searching through those posts trying to find me overstepping a line? Lol.

I was making judgements based on sample size and past history. Even with everything before, I still gave him a chance.

From where I sit this thread is a testament to how open minded I am and my ego grows ever larger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.