Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

I grow less and less fond of Mike Mitchell.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

#31 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

I dont know why he has been hyped by so many people around here in the first place, he was never any good in Oakland. He was drafted in the 2nd round and never lived up to it. Tyron Branch ended up taking his spot and he is piss poor in pass coverage as well all he was good for was hard hits and blitzing so hey if you want another Nakamura fug up collection this year  dont be surprised if Mitchell gives it too you.

#32 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

Penalties hurt worse than the attitude helps. If you can't play under control, you have no business being on a football field in the NFL. 

#33 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Everybody wants junkyard dawgs until they kill u with terrible penalties on third down.

I love a bit of attitude, especially on defense, but it has to be controlled and not detrimental.

#34 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,194 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

Mean streak and smart play is formidable.

Mean streak and average play is "benchable". 

Mean streak and dumb play is expendable. 

This is what I would tell Mitchell, and tell him to make the choice.

#35 KillaCamNewton

KillaCamNewton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

Still funny to me that we signed him when Ed reed, Kerry Rhodes, Adrian Wilson, Bernard pollard, ect were all available

#36 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

The secondary sucks. blitz everybody. Brees is gonna have a field day.

#37 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

One preseason game where they didn't game plan for  offense they've never seen. They played  a vanilla zone all game and let JT go 1 on 1 with D Jackson this won't happen in the regular season. Please get a grip.

#38 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,398 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:41 AM

Wait until one of his cheap shots gets a flag that  cost us a game and see how much you will like him then

#39 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

Wait until one of his cheap shots gets a flag that  cost us a game and see how much you will like him then

Ed Reed got  4 15 yard penalties last year and was fined 6 times. No one would have cared if we had him now.

Again 

One Preseason game. Can we atleast try as a fan base to stop with the knee jerk reactions.

#40 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Ed Reed got  4 15 yard penalties last year and was fined 6 times. No one would have cared if we had him now.

Again 

One Preseason game. Can we atleast try as a fan base to stop with the knee jerk reactions.

Damnit, KLL, why does everything have to be a "knee jerk reaction"?  The OP even stated that he is just watching. He hasn't finalized an opinion.  Get off that, knee jerk reaction soapbox. It doesn't always apply.

Moreover, it's not like Mitchell isn't known for making stupid ass bullshit plays.  He did it in Oakland, but what's more egregious in my opinion is that he did it in camp.  Mitchell obviously needs to get his ass under control. Furthermore, it's not like he is the next coming of Ronnie Lott. I am not even sure that he's the best safety on the team. Physical? Yes! Smartest (of which G-man and Ron Rivera covet)? No.

Mitchell better get his ass in gear, or he'll get less time as a starter than he did in sunny California. 

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Well then you better get ready to play vs Kenny Vaccaro of the Aints.

I love Mitchell's attitude. His coverage ability? I dunno.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I still want Mikell!!!

#43 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

I still want Mikell!!!

I'd dump Mitchell for Mikell or Rhodes in a heartbeat, based on coverage skills alone.  

#44 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Damn it, KLL, why does everything have to bee a "knee jerk reaction"?  The OP even stated that he is just watching. He hasn't finalized an opinion.  Get off that, knee jerk reaction soapbox. It doesn't always apply.

Moreover, it's not like Mitchell isn't known for making stupid ass bullshit plays.  He did it in Oakland, but what's more egregious in my opinion is that he did it in camp.  Mitchell obviously needs to get his ass under control. Furthermore, it's not like he is the next coming of Ronnie Lott. I am not even sure that he's the best safety on the team. Physical? Yes! Smartest (of which G-man and Ron Rivera covet)? No.

Mitchell better get his ass in gear, or he'll get less time as a starter than he did in sunny California. 

KKL's idiocy is pretty well documented and I got the giggles while typing this thread thinking of how it was going to make his discounted wal-mart panties bunch. He's been one of three people on the Mitchell train ever since he saw that stupid youtube video showing how much "zomg, heart!" Mitchell has. How he flees to lame internet insult tropes every time something makes his underwear ascend into his dark cavity is always an entertaining thing to watch, as we see here.

To the matter at hand, the simple fact of it is, is that if Mitchell's reputation follows him here to Carolina he won't last. Poor players don't get to make idiot penalties. Again, I hope to see his measurables catch up to him and be a contributor on a team that sorely needs him to be. But he has to prove he's the answer and career backups from terrible teams aren't-or at least shouldn't-be awarded that title.

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,143 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's a bit early to start making assumptions about how his career here will end up based on one preseason game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.