• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

If it weren't for the Internet, Bleacher Report would be written in crayon.

If that is the case then much of the things written here would be formed with alphabet soup letters on a high chair tray.

I get that it is started as an open source publishing concept but it's not really that anymore. Of course you have to take things with a grain of salt but don't you have to do the same for what is published everywhere? It's not all terrible just because some of it is. 

#17 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

That report was written by a 13 yr. old girl and the rating system was constructed by her 8 yr. old brother.

#18 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

If that is the case then much of the things written here would be formed with alphabet soup letters on a high chair tray.

I get that it is started as an open source publishing concept but it's not really that anymore. Of course you have to take things with a grain of salt but don't you have to do the same for what is published everywhere? It's not all terrible just because some of it is.

Things written on here are for the most part based on biased points of view, limited knowledge of facts and/or total annebriation (I am sure I have posts representative all 3 of the aforementioned categories). The difference between BR and a fan forum is most fan forums don't masquerade as journalism.

Agreed that you have to take things with a grain of salt no matter what but it seems that BR is on the extreme end of the spectrum.

#19 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

I will say this....for a guy playing in just 2 preseason games, I love his demeanor.  When the camera shows him on the sidelines, he's not joking, not pissed.  He looks like he is analyzing everthing in a very serious manner.  Very serious.  It looks like he's calmly taking everything in and working hard to understand how he can dominate.  

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

I will say this....for a guy playing in just 2 preseason games, I love his demeanor.  When the camera shows him on the sidelines, he's not joking, not pissed.  He looks like he is analyzing everthing in a very serious manner.  Very serious.  It looks like he's calmly taking everything in and working hard to understand how he can dominate.  

Agreed. Let's be honest here too, the huddle built up a ridiculous amount of hype for the guy.

Star will be fine.

#21 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Agreed. Let's be honest here too, the huddle built up a ridiculous amount of hype for the guy.

Star will be fine.

I expect a 14th pick to have an impact on the football team. I wasn't a fan of the pick but I'll withhold judgment until the regular season.

#22 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

If it weren't for the Internet, Bleacher Report would be written in crayon.

and not read by anyone.

If the Eagles oline hadn't been holding all night, our front 4 would've had a field day.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

I expect a 14th pick to have an impact on the football team. I wasn't a fan of the pick but I'll withhold judgment until the regular season.

It's not his fault we didn't draft a wide receiver. He's a Panther now, support him.

Many people here were up in arms over picking Luke last year, and questioning whether he was a bust and a wasted pick even going into the regular season. We know how that turned out. I'm keeping things in perspective.

#24 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just because you don't see his name in the stat line doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact on the team.

#25 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

It's not his fault we didn't draft a wide receiver. He's a Panther now, support him.

Many people here were up in arms over picking Luke last year, and questioning whether he was a bust and a wasted pick even going into the regular season. We know how that turned out. I'm keeping things in perspective.

I support all panthers.

#26 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just because you don't see his name in the stat line doesn't mean he doesn't have an impact on the team.

He was brought in to help stop the run. Teams still running wild on us.

#27 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,255 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

He was brought in to help stop the run. Teams still running wild on us.

Is Ace Boogie a dolt, or is this an act?

#28 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

No act. We doubled up on DTs this year but our line is still giving up the same runs. Or am I watching a different game?

#29 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

see the 50000000000000000000000000000000000000 page thread from earlier this year where he argued that we should have drafted deandre hopkins instead of star at the same spot

#30 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

see the 50000000000000000000000000000000000000 page thread from earlier this year where he argued that we should have drafted a WR instead of star at the same spot

Deandre Hopkins. And so far I'm winning that argument.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com