56 replies to this topic

#46 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Considering the Eagles had double that total thanks to Fua starting, yes it does matter.

So star didn't play that game? Lets just put it all on Fua because he started.

#47 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,711 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

So star didn't play that game? Lets just put it all on Fua because he started.

Can you be the slightest bit impartial about Star? You've let this WR thing consume you, literally.

#48 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Can you be the slightest bit impartial about Star? You've let this WR thing consume you, literally.

I told you I'm done with the argument. You guys are making it seem like I hate Star and want him to fail. He's a panther the better he is the happier I am. I'd much rather Hopkins fail. The better he is the more pissed off I become.

#49 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

This is why I was/am against DT's in the first. Not that Star won't be a good player which I feel he will be more than good, but DT's take longer to adjust to this league. Now that we have the young guys we have to afford them the time necessary to develope. Results will be inconsistent at best. This is what we have and it's what we have to accept. Star and KK won't have the same impact as Cam and Luke immediately but that's ok. Eventually we will have 2 studs in the middle but 2 preseason games does not a career make.

#50 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

I told you I'm done with the argument. You guys are making it seem like I hate Star and want him to fail. He's a panther the better he is the happier I am. I'd much rather Hopkins fail. The better he is the more pissed off I become.

Uhhh, you just literally tried (I'm using that term loosely because 95% of this board is dumbfounded by your statement) to explain to me that Star and KK were NOT smart investments by The Panthers based on two [say it after me] preseason games. May I add that our DT duo actually had an impactful debut against The Bears, and that against The Eagles Rivera had Fua on majority of the snaps. No... of course that wouldn't be convienent for you to mention.

If you didn't mean anything by your comments, then why are you backpeddaling? Think before you post.

#51 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think that if you have a preset idea of what players should do based on the round that they were drafted in, you're gonna have a bad time.

*skis off*

#52 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

Uhhh, you just literally tried (I'm using that term loosely because 95% of this board is dumbfounded by your statement) to explain to me that Star and KK were NOT smart investments by The Panthers based on two [say it after me] preseason games. May I add that our DT duo actually had an impactful debut against The Bears, and that against The Eagles Rivera had Fua on majority of the snaps. No... of course that wouldn't be convienent for you to mention.

If you didn't mean anything by your comments, then why are you backpeddaling? Think before you post.

Who's backpeddaling? I say about once a day that I would take Hopkins over Star any day. However star is a panther and I'm a fan of this football team and I'll support him. He hasn't impressed me yet and ill stick by that you have your opinions and I have mine. Don't like it? Hit the block button.

#53 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Who's backpeddaling? I say about once a day that I would take Hopkins over Star any day. However star is a panther and I'm a fan of this football team and I'll support him. He hasn't impressed me yet and ill stick by that you have your opinions and I have mine. Don't like it? Hit the block button.

I do not need the block button to solidify my opinion of your opinion. You have no viable and quantifiable stats. You're just having another hyperbolic, biased tantrum on The Huddle.

#54 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

I do not need the block button to solidify my opinion of your opinion. You have no viable and quantifiable stats. You're just having another hyperbolic, biased tantrum on The Huddle.

But I've tried to end it a page back. I told you I'll reserve judgement until the regular season when the excuses are off the table. Stats can go for either argument in the preseason there isn't enough info. Your more than welcome to say I told you so during the regular season if our run d improves. Ill be the first to admit I was wrong. But if stopping the run remains an issue this year as it was last year we'll revisit this argument.

I've been on thread after thread expressing my concerns of this team. Quite frankly I'm tired of it. I'm in wait and see mode at this point. Hoping we can put it all together come September 8.

#55 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,325 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

Imagine that. Had you used your brain prior to posting questionable statements, we wouldn't be discussing anything at the moment. Reserving judgement of talent is best fit for the regular season. That is so logical that it's nonsensical.

#56 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,805 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

Judging a defensive tackle after two pre-season games will lead to a lot of eternally doomed defensive tackles.

#57 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

No act. We doubled up on DTs this year but our line is still giving up the same runs. Or am I watching a different game?

Different game. We stopped the run against the bears and the Eagles offense forms natural creases. You can't collapse one side or the other without giving a cut back lane. To stop offenses like that you need a well prepared and patient defense. The offense will get their chunks but when they run more plays, they are more prone to turn the ball over. That and we were running exclusively cover 2 and 3 against the eagles which didn't help matters.

Oh and one more thing, Star is still getting double teamed like he is in the PAC 12.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.