Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis is very much in play for the WR3 spot per Joe Person

80 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

well, if Person said it.......

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

@_McBeastie: @jjones9 any notes on Gettis? Running better routes? Or relying on speed/poor coverage. Hands are definitely there.

@jjones9: @_McBeastie in my book he's no. 5 wr as it stands today. has ability to move up (down too). been impressed thru 2 games

Here's JJ replying to someone asking about Gettis yesterday

Posted · Report post

Has yet to catch a pass from Cam Newton hmmmm with Cam being the starter that might be important. Ill say it again I like Gettis but if you think he's challenging Lafell your crazy. He isn't even playing against starters yet.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Has yet to catch a pass from Cam Newton hmmmm with Cam being the starter that might be important. Ill say it again I like Gettis but if you think he's challenging Lafell your crazy. He isn't even playing against starters yet.

But he has played against starters and played better than lafell in the past.

It's not like Gettis is a rookie.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Alot of folks forget this because this was pre-Newton.

Posted · Report post

Really hoping he gets some time with the ones during this weeks game. I think it's fair to say he's earned it.

Posted · Report post

Considering Hixon and Armanti are out right now with hamstring injuries, why wouldn't he be?

Posted · Report post

Alot of folks forget this because this was pre-Newton.

I haven't forgot that was two damn years ago. Lafell has been on the field the last two years Gettis hasn't. Lets be honest he only had 40 more yards in 2010 than lafell and 3tds to lafells 1. Lafell is a LOCK at #2 and Gettis is trying to make the team.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

He's not a rookie but he's been off the field for two years. You can't take away how valuable game experience is. I just want to see Gettis get some reps with the 1s before I put him over Edwards and Ginn. I think Hixon is going to make the team by default. Pilares is a special teams player. It's going to be a tough choice if they cut any.

Posted · Report post

I was saying your whole Gettis is in contention for the 2 spot is horse poo.

Lafell is the number 2 this season unless injured. Get use to it.

Titles don't mean poo on the gridiron. It's all about production. The only contention that really matters is that if given equal opportunity, Gettis will be productive, and, quite possibly, more productive than LaFell and others at the end of the day. 

It can only help the team if Gettis resumes his status, role, and promise that he had pre-injury. 

All this WR2 and WR3 chicken poo debate over our WR corps...with its recent history...with its mesh of raw receiver projects...veteran reclamation projects...and this-is-the-year perennial...is basically a lesson in semantics.

Puff up or prop up whoever you want. Production is the key. Right now, like it or not---and you should not just like it, but love it---Gettis is the best thing going.  Perhaps you should get used to that. I know that everyone should want to get used to it.

Posted · Report post

Theyre not the same receiver, Gettis and LaFell. Theyre similar but not the same. Overall LaFell is the "safer" option to start. Of course there are gonna be a crapload of people lobbying for Gettis. He has home run potential. Huddlers lose their shit for some home run potential.

and btw regarding speed. I think AE ran a 4.39, a 4.43, and a 4.51 is what I heard Mac say. . . Gettis ran a 4.41?

Posted · Report post

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!

GETTIS!!!!