Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gettis is very much in play for the WR3 spot per Joe Person

80 posts in this topic

Posted

He should be in the mix for the 3/4. He's having a pretty good preseason and has hauled himself from the bottom of the pile to being right in the mix of things.

He won't sniff that #2 spot unless someone gets injured.

1 person likes this

Posted

ya know in the mlb they say your fastball isnt going to be as effective unless you have a good change up too. I think Gettis will thrive as the guy you slip in when the defense is gettin a lil tired on a mid to long drive. He'll cut and catch untouched. Let Smitty and LaFell soften up the DB's a lil, theeen sneak in Gettis.

Posted

Im fine with Smitty/LaFell/Gettis as much as I am with Smitty/Gettis/LaFell

1 person likes this

Posted

Coaches typically value catching the most for receivers who can find space and LaFell is levels above Gettis at that. Theyre very close in everything else though. Gettis, of course, a little faster off the line and at top speed. Other than that theyre both pretty safe guys with the ball, they read defenses well, they block well, and so on.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why people need to number the receivers given that they frequently put more than two in. You will know how they rank at the end of the season.

Posted

I haven't forgot that was two damn years ago. Lafell has been on the field the last two years Gettis hasn't. Lets be honest he only had 40 more yards in 2010 than lafell and 3tds to lafells 1. Lafell is a LOCK at #2 and Gettis is trying to make the team.

Also, it could have been that the bum arse QBs we had playing that season were more comfortable with Gettis.  People are acting like he had a 1400yd season with 11tds that year and Lafell had his paultry 470yds with 1td.  Just continuously bringing that old shite from 2010 up.  Lafell has played well these past two years and people acting like he cannot play is just ludicrous.  Hell, Gettis would have pedestrian numbers too with Cam and Shula feeding Olsen at the table after Smith. 

Posted

The mindset that anyone's position is guaranteed should be flawed in my opinion. Every single player on this team should have to earn their spot week in and week out. In baseball, if your pitcher is giving up homers and has an ERA of 7.34, you wouldn't keep him in rotation with a guy who has a 1.14 ERA in the bullpen, would you? In soccer, only the best 11 start, with people who produce in practice and scrimmage on the bench chomping at the bit to take their spot.

Why is it that for some, some players are guaranteed anything? They should be earning it every single time they step out on the field - including Cam, Smitty, DLo, Gross... everyone. If they aren't, they aren't hungry, and I don't want guys who aren't hungry representing our team. You don't make the playoffs that way. You get consolation "well, we finished the season strong" trophies from the band boosters that way.

Posted

Gettis is playing for the 3 WR spot, period. Who is Hixon to us@this point? Get on the field first bitch. Lol@ some of these posts.

Posted

Gettis>>>>Armanti

Gettis is A LOT faster, and he's actually caught a TD pass before.

I'm hurtin' over here. lololololol

We have some fraud potential going on this preseason. The dust will settle and Mr.Edwards will be better than he was but worse than the top 4 options. Nevertheless as a WR/and actually catching the return, he's been more productive than Pilares and Adams. I say cut Pilares and Adams and we should be set at WR/ST 

Posted

Has yet to catch a pass from Cam Newton hmmmm with Cam being the starter that might be important. Ill say it again I like Gettis but if you think he's challenging Lafell your crazy. He isn't even playing against starters yet.

That fact sort of gets lost with everybody slobbering all over themselves. I put zero stock in what Jaw Person writes but I'm glad Gettis is stepping up.

Posted

I don't understand why people need to number the receivers given that they frequently put more than two in. You will know how they rank at the end of the season.

that's the bottom line. the only people that find any significance in trying to rank these players are huddle geeks and fanboys like us.

It just doesn't get any better than the old      WR(insert name)>>>>>>>WR(insert name)  does it?

Posted

Gettis>>>>Armanti

Gettis is A LOT faster, and he's actually caught a TD pass before.

LOL