Gettis is very much in play for the WR3 spot per Joe Person

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#11 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

See but that's the thing that has always pissed me off about our approach. What happened to earning a spot for every position? There's only a handful of guys a year who should have their spot guaranteed. For some reason, we've done the opposite. Almost every spot is designated before the season starts and only one or two are really open for competition.

Hixon hasn't done poo for this team! And again, his career best was only as good as Gettis' rookie season, yet, he's sat on his ass up to this point through preseason and fully expected to be given his spot. That pisses me off, and I suspected that was his mindset b/c why else would a guy on the fringe just continually be comfortable in sitting out this long?

I'm almost willing to put money down on him playing this week, now.

Gettis is the guy who should have his spot guaranteed. Not some career slot receiver who can't stay healthy that has no prior history with our team and is watching everyone else put in work.

Idk, for Person to even ask if its putting pressure on Hixon, as though Hixon has already laid claim to a roster spot over Gettis, who has worked hard for 3 years now... That's just irks me.

Gettis better be on this team, and he better be given the opportunity to contribute.

Well said. I don't think that philosophy works in New England with Bill Cheatacheck. The best players should play

#12 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharlotte NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 AM

All Gettis has to do is keep getting better and making plays from there his play will move him up on the depth chart.

#13 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

well, if Person said it.......

#14 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

@_McBeastie: @jjones9 any notes on Gettis? Running better routes? Or relying on speed/poor coverage. Hands are definitely there.

@jjones9: @_McBeastie in my book he's no. 5 wr as it stands today. has ability to move up (down too). been impressed thru 2 games

Here's JJ replying to someone asking about Gettis yesterday

#15 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Has yet to catch a pass from Cam Newton hmmmm with Cam being the starter that might be important. Ill say it again I like Gettis but if you think he's challenging Lafell your crazy. He isn't even playing against starters yet.

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

Has yet to catch a pass from Cam Newton hmmmm with Cam being the starter that might be important. Ill say it again I like Gettis but if you think he's challenging Lafell your crazy. He isn't even playing against starters yet.

But he has played against starters and played better than lafell in the past.

It's not like Gettis is a rookie.

#17 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

But he has played against starters and played better than lafell in the past.

It's not like Gettis is a rookie.

Alot of folks forget this because this was pre-Newton.

#18 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

Really hoping he gets some time with the ones during this weeks game. I think it's fair to say he's earned it.

#19 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Considering Hixon and Armanti are out right now with hamstring injuries, why wouldn't he be?

#20 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Alot of folks forget this because this was pre-Newton.

I haven't forgot that was two damn years ago. Lafell has been on the field the last two years Gettis hasn't. Lets be honest he only had 40 more yards in 2010 than lafell and 3tds to lafells 1. Lafell is a LOCK at #2 and Gettis is trying to make the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users