#1 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

In a campaign to improve its image abroad, the Israeli government plans to provide scholarships to hundreds of students at its seven universities in exchange for their making pro-Israel Facebook posts and tweets to foreign audiences.

The students making the posts will not reveal online that they are funded by the Israeli government, according to correspondence about the plan revealed in the Haaretznewspaper.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, which will oversee the programme, confirmed its launch and wrote that its aim was to “strengthen Israeli public diplomacy and make it fit the changes in the means of information consumption”.

The government’s hand is to be invisible to the foreign audiences. Daniel Seaman, the official who has been planning the effort, wrote in a letter on 5 August

to a body authorising government projects that “the idea requires not making the role of the state stand out and therefore it is necessary to adhere to great involvement of the students themselves, without political linkage or affiliation”.

According to the plan, students are to be organised into units at each university, with a chief co-ordinator who receives a full scholarship, three desk co-ordinators for language, graphics and research who receive lesser scholarships and students termed “activists” who will receive a “minimal scholarship”.

Mr Netanyahu’s aides said the main topics the units would address related to political and security issues, combating calls to boycott Israel and combating efforts to question Israel’s legitimacy. The officials said the students would stress Israeli democratic values, freedom of religion and pluralism.

But Alon Liel, the doveish former director-general of the Israeli foreign ministry, criticised the plan as “quite disgusting”. “University students should be educated to think freely. When you buy the mind of a student, he becomes a puppet of the Israeli government grant,” he said. “You can give a grant to do social work or teach but not to do propaganda on controversial issues for the government.”

http://www.independe...da-8760142.html

This is just absolutely gross. It's bad enough that the US employs large groups of people to post on various social media with dummy accounts (shill accounts), but this is worse, in my opinion.

Not that either of them are good, they are both despicable. 

#2 Big A

Big A

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,454 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Ever heard of advertising? You do realize most people in commercials are paid actors? Not much different, they are just trying to improve image, not sell anything. The "buying students mind" comment is overboard, when Buick pays Tiger and Shaq to promote their car, does Buick bought their mind? Would any student you approach and offer money to make posts on social media about a certain product feel owned by the product they are posting about or look at it as making a few extra bucks for some random tweets most care less about,

I bet I can find many takers in workout thread that would tweet how great Product X is and how much better their workouts are when using it if I offer $10 per post. I doubt any taker would then feel i "bought their mind".

#3 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

Ever heard of advertising? You do realize most people in commercials are paid actors? Not much different, they are just trying to improve image, not sell anything. The "buying students mind" comment is overboard, when Buick pays Tiger and Shaq to promote their car, does Buick bought their mind? Would any student you approach and offer money to make posts on social media about a certain product feel owned by the product they are posting about or look at it as making a few extra bucks for some random tweets most care less about,

I bet I can find many takers in workout thread that would tweet how great Product X is and how much better their workouts are when using it if I offer $10 per post. I doubt any taker would then feel i "bought their mind".

Horrible analogy Alice, try again. 

#4 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,136 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

It's to combat the tards infesting our universities now...

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,154 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Everyone in the Middle East is all about the publicity.

Ever seen the "protests" from across the street when another camera is turned on? All the guys jump up and down and scream their heads off like they are truly pissed, until the red light goes off on the camera. Then, amazingly, they are not nearly as ticked for some reason, and just mill around like they are waiting on the bus.

#6 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

During the relative infancy of Israel, they've learned from the best at propaganda: Germany, Russia and the United States.

#7 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

During the relative infancy of Israel, they've learned from the best at propaganda: Germany, Russia and the United States.

Very much so. The US excels at propaganda, more so than this example. My use of the title "king" was hyperbolic in nature and was more in regard to the brazen nature of this particular program.

The US controls not only our own propaganda consumption but much of the world. The majority of the technologically connected earth has a worldview shaped a directed by US propaganda..... by design

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,213 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'll take Israel's propoganda over the other middle eastern countries.

#9 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'll take Israel's propoganda over the other middle eastern countries.

Well, yeah... of course. With the financial and technological backing of the United States, there's not really a lot of competition out there.

#10 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

Can we just talk about the fact that this country called israel is surrounded by countries that want it destroyed? I don't think thats right... Why do people sh!t in israel so much? I don't understand. They are undoubtably the most Sh!t on people in the world. And people fault them for defending themselves. I just don't get it. 

#11 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

It's to combat the tards infesting our universities now...

lol that's some cold war grade fear mongering right there.

#12 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Can we just talk about the fact that this country called israel is surrounded by countries that want it destroyed? I don't think thats right... Why do people sh!t in israel so much? I don't understand. They are undoubtably the most Sh!t on people in the world. And people fault them for defending themselves. I just don't get it. 

hhhhaaaahahaha

#13 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

If Palestine doesn't like it they should try and take it back.

#14 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

for some reason i doubt you feel the same way about your property

#15 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

hhhhaaaahahaha

I don't understand why you are laughing. If you have something relevant to say, then say it. If not, then keep your hands away from the keyboard. I came here for a discussion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.