Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

If we look bad against the Ravens, hit the panic button.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Yes, I know the first thing that comes to your mind is to just shrug this off as just another pre season game that does not mattter. First let me start by saying that I dont mean if we lose we should panic. Im stating that if we come out and look horrible on defense again, our offense looks mediocre and cant move the ball, and we continue to look overall sloppy like we did against the Eagles, pre season or not, its time to hit the panic button. Why?

For a few reasons. Its been classic Rivera to be very inconsistent since his start as HC. Either start slow or start fast, Panthers have always been inconsistent under Rivera and if we look bad next Thursday, that will show nothing has changed. Reason number 2. This is a prime time game, all we need right now is a horrible showing on prime time to deflate whatever momentum this team has right now and start getting back in that losing mentality. Reason number 3, this is the 3rd pre season game, meaning this is the game where real game planning happens and its treated as a regular season game, so if we look sloppy, you wont be able to convince me that this will not spill over into the regular season.

Now, again. Im not saying we need to win. All I need to see is A. a solid couple offensive drives where we move the ball and finish in the red zone with a TD. B. Solid defense. I want QB hurries, I want a nice stop or two in the redzone and I want us to show improvement stopping runs.

Here, let me put it this way. Win or lose I dont care, if we can get back to how we looked against the Bears, then its off to the races. If we look pathetic on prime time like we did against the Eagles, its panic time.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

tumblr_lltgkrlvtA1qkuicdo1_500.gif

#3 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

lol talk about 0 trust in the team.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

Panic Time?  No.....

Concern time?  Absolutely

#5 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

What happens when I hit the panic button? Do I just get stressed out and angry? I'll pass on that..

#6 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

LOL ITS PRE SEASON

#7 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

LOL ITS PRE SEASON

Again there isn't just some magic switch you can turn because its the regular season. The overall game doesn't matter but some things can be a predictor for the regular season. The line isn't just going to wake up and learn to block because its regular season.

#8 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

Not necessarily time to panic, but most certainly time to be freaked out. Rivera coached teams the past two years have shown themselves to look flat, unprepared, rusty, unfocused, and just overall poor in the early parts of the season-and both of those years those problems were evident in preseason. If we look the same way this preseason, there's no reason to think we might be starting down another awful start.

Now is the time for the team to step it up. Anybody who think that there is some magical power that imbues itself through each player just because the games are no longer deemed "pre"-season is kidding themself.

#9 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Again there isn't just some magic switch you can turn because its the regular season. The overall game doesn't matter but some things can be a predictor for the regular season. The line isn't just going to wake up and learn to block because its regular season.

Well, it happened with our offense two years ago. They couldn't do poo i the preseason and caught fire the first game.

So....it's possible...right?

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Well, it happened with our offense two years ago. They couldn't do poo i the preseason and caught fire the first game.

So....it's possible...right?

Didn't we lose to a bad AZ team?

At least then we had a rookie QB, rookie HC, and no offseason thanks to the lockout....

#11 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

they worked on having fresh legs for the Chicago game ..... The Philly game they all looked like they had heavy legs ... I wonder if the coaching staff pushed them the last couple days of camp to make sure they get in all the work they needed.

#12 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

You guys let your expectations get out of control. We weren't very good last year and we didn't have many resources to improve the team. Expecting huge improvement, with a tough schedule and a bad coach, was probably unrealistic. This will likely be another up and down season. 

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,852 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have a simple rule. Don't hit the panic button until the first quarter of the first game. If you have such a small amount of self control that you cannot wait that long to panic, don't be a sports fan. Go to art galleries and museums. Play with your kids and learn French. Sports are clearly not for you if pretend games get your Jimmies rustled.

#14 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

Didn't we lose to a bad AZ team?

At least then we had a rookie QB, rookie HC, and no offseason thanks to the lockout....

Not because of the offense. 

I'm just saying that there is a difference between preseason play and regular. You see it around the league every single year. Every single year preseason story lines disappear quickly around the league. 

It's not reassuring when things don't look good for sure but whether I panic or not has no bearing on anything. I can't panic to a degree that helps the team no matter how hard I try.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,980 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Not because of the offense.

I'm just saying that there is a difference between preseason play and regular. You see it around the league every single year. Every single year preseason story lines disappear quickly around the league.

It's not reassuring when things don't look good for sure but whether I panic or not has no bearing on anything. I can't panic to a degree that helps the team no matter how hard I try.

But if you lack talent to do basics....it isn't going to work in the regular season.

Plus, our concerns didn't get brought to light this preseason. They did last year and we knew we didn't fix it....and they are again showing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com