Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If we look bad against the Ravens, hit the panic button.

105 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a simple rule. Don't hit the panic button until the first quarter of the first game. If you have such a small amount of self control that you cannot wait that long to panic, don't be a sports fan. Go to art galleries and museums. Play with your kids and learn French. Sports are clearly not for you if pretend games get your Jimmies rustled.

7 people like this

Posted

Didn't we lose to a bad AZ team?

At least then we had a rookie QB, rookie HC, and no offseason thanks to the lockout....

Not because of the offense. 

I'm just saying that there is a difference between preseason play and regular. You see it around the league every single year. Every single year preseason story lines disappear quickly around the league. 

It's not reassuring when things don't look good for sure but whether I panic or not has no bearing on anything. I can't panic to a degree that helps the team no matter how hard I try.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not because of the offense.

I'm just saying that there is a difference between preseason play and regular. You see it around the league every single year. Every single year preseason story lines disappear quickly around the league.

It's not reassuring when things don't look good for sure but whether I panic or not has no bearing on anything. I can't panic to a degree that helps the team no matter how hard I try.

But if you lack talent to do basics....it isn't going to work in the regular season.

Plus, our concerns didn't get brought to light this preseason. They did last year and we knew we didn't fix it....and they are again showing.

Posted

It's the preseason game the starters play the most

It's also the defending champion.

I'll be looking for a good performance.

If we don't get one, I still won't panic.

Posted

No.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I already have a noose tied and ready in my closet, just in case we don't win the coin toss Thursday night.

7 people like this

Posted

If we don't perform like we actually give a fug

We won't be in contention for playoffs

Then again, we are missing a few starters... but that's not good either. Sitting out the whole preseason is NOT good

Posted

It's the fuging preseason, I get so sick and tired of people that don't know a single fuging thing about the NFL. Look at Atlanta, they can't play for poo and they will probably be the NFC champions. Nobody is trying in preseason, none of the people that are locked in for a starting job even try. I'm so fuging irritated by the huddle right now I can't think straight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good teams can skate through the preseason like it doesn't mean poo. Teams like us need to take it more seriously. I honestly don't understand why Ginn hasn't returned a punt yet. Maybe our actual starters can get reps together next game.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's the fuging preseason, I get so sick and tired of people that don't know a single fuging thing about the NFL. Look at Atlanta, they can't play for poo and they will probably be the NFC champions. Nobody is trying in preseason, none of the people that are locked in for a starting job even try. I'm so fuging irritated by the huddle right now I can't think straight.

Atlanta is a Super Bowl contender. We are not. They can afford to be laid back in the preseason we can't.

Posted

Gettlemen has a plan.

Posted

You guys let your expectations get out of control. We weren't very good last year and we didn't have many resources to improve the team. Expecting huge improvement, with a tough schedule and a bad coach, was probably unrealistic. This will likely be another up and down season. 

I disagree, if you look at all the losing teams I believe Panthers where the only one with a Top 10 defense Top 12 offense and we lost about 7 games that where TD  or less.

We where also top 10 in short yard situation & 3rd down conversion.

We can compete against any team and last year where growing pains that taught a lesson to the team on how to finish games with a W!

1 person likes this