Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

If we look bad against the Ravens, hit the panic button.

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Again there isn't just some magic switch you can turn because its the regular season. The overall game doesn't matter but some things can be a predictor for the regular season. The line isn't just going to wake up and learn to block because its regular season.

The Colts under Manning traditionally lost most pre-season games....then won 12-13 games during the regular season.

Let's look at results the past two season: 

Miami.....3-1 in preseason and 6-10 in regular season

Atlanta....0-4 in preseason and 10-6 in regular season

Philly....4-0 in preseason and 4-12 in regular season

Atlanta....1-3 in preseason and 13-3 in regular season

Yes....let's just over-react.

#92 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

The Colts under Manning traditionally lost most pre-season games....then won 12-13 games during the regular season.

Let's look at results the past two season:

Miami.....3-1 in preseason and 6-10 in regular season
Atlanta....0-4 in preseason and 10-6 in regular season

Philly....4-0 in preseason and 4-12 in regular season
Atlanta....1-3 in preseason and 13-3 in regular season

Yes....let's just over-react.

I try to stay even keel on the preseason overreaction bit. But you and everyone else who keep posting records simply aren't getting the point, these judgements are just based on how the starters look. Nothing to do with wins and losses

#93 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I try to stay even keel on the preseason overreaction bit. But you and everyone else who keep posting records simply aren't getting the point, these judgements are just based on how the starters look. Nothing to do with wins and losses

I absolutely get it.  And, the performance of the OLine is the one area that concerns me.  The rest of it....not so much.

My point is that you can't get too high or too low based on pre-season performances.

#94 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I thought everyone said they looked good the first game. Is that irrelevant now?

#95 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I thought everyone said they looked good the first game. Is that irrelevant now?

Well there was a multi page thread on the Cam pick 6. We only seen them 3 drives against Chicago. The first was a punt. The second was gift wrapped by Norman and the 3rd was the pick six. They have yet to look like they're ready to start the season.

#96 ecualumni06

ecualumni06

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

If we look bad against anyone guy the panics button I mean cine on folks

#97 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,780 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Well there was a multi page thread on the Cam pick 6. We only seen them 3 drives against Chicago. The first was a punt. The second was gift wrapped by Norman and the 3rd was the pick six. They have yet to look like they're ready to start the season.

I'm out of the country and have not been able to watch so that was a serious question. I am going on highlights and message board comments. It's hard to get a real grasp of what is actually taking place.

#98 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

I am not on panic status yet, but there is no such thing as "It's just pre-season!" man. For obvious reasons, no one cares about wins or losses in the preseason, but do you guys honestly think we go 3 and out on purpose in the preseason? Was our OL getting manhandled or was it some type of pre-season vanilla screen-pass drill? Gotta call a spade a spade. Our 1st team offense looks bad right now. The only scoring drive was when our defense put them in the red zone against the Bears. Out 1st time Oline is not ok.

I think pre-season games always tell you where your team is if you choose to objectively analyze what you see. In the 2010 preseason, I thought we were gonna kick butt even when our offense was picthing one 3 and out after another. I was thinking "mehhh...it's preseason" and bought that whole we-re' going vanilla crap. We went ahead to have one of the worst offenses in NFL history that year. I no longer buy the notion that pre-season does not matter. Wins and losses don't matter in preseason obviously, but everything else does.

#99 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm out of the country and have not been able to watch so that was a serious question. I am going on highlights and message board comments. It's hard to get a real grasp of what is actually taking place.

Our offense doesn't look great. No one cares that cam won't run, we have a very limited playbook, risky throws aren't forbidden, etc.

Ginn won't even return kickoffs. Rivera could care less about winning. Hell, he has fua in with the first team. You would think that would spell it out that he's using the preseason for evaluation and not wins, but logic is hard to find here.

#100 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

thread seen at ravens forum:

"if we look bad against the panthers, hit the panic button"

#101 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

Besides the pick six I thought they didn't look bad, defense looked good. Not trying to say that

#102 PantherNationClaw

PantherNationClaw

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Its presesson relax....preseason...lol. I read an article that we are running a basic vanilla offense in preseason. So long story short we got a very good hand of poker just holding back until week 1. Hawks are going down.

#103 PantherNationClaw

PantherNationClaw

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

http://www.charlotte...-preseason.html heres the article

#104 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:22 AM

Cam Newton has engineered just one touchdown drive through eight preseason possessions.
The lone TD came with a short field (18 yards) following a Jay Cutler interception. The results of the other seven drives have been four punts, two field goals, and a Newton pick. Through two preseason games, Newton has completed just 11-of-23 passes (47.8 percent) for 128 yards (5.6 YPA), and a 1:1 TD-to-INT ratio. He's only scrambled once, gaining five yards. It's worth noting Cam's preseason stats were awful in his first two NFL years, as well. He finished as the no. 5 fantasy QB in 2011, and No. 4 in 2012

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#105 goodsense83

goodsense83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

the panic button... 

before we have even played one regular season game?

just stop it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.