#16 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

fug it, let's just go ahead and call off the season.

#17 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

There are zero reasons why we should "laugh off" the pre-season based on our last 2 seasons. Obviously, we aren't doing something right. I just don't see how a bad team from last year can just say "fug it, we got this" in the pre-season.

Exactly. Sure the Lions went 4-0 in pre season and 0-16 in regular season but thas an exception. The scary thing is so far under Rivera, our pre season performance and win % pretty much was accurate as to how our regular season turns out

#18 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

There are zero reasons why we should "laugh off" the pre-season based on our last 2 seasons.  Obviously, we aren't doing something right.  I just don't see how a bad team from last year can just say "fug it, we got this" in the pre-season.

tumblr_mqjqmnixk21sppmago1_400.gif

#19 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Never doubted the Hawks wouldn't be hard.

#20 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

tumblr_mqjqmnixk21sppmago1_400.gif

so going 6-10, 7-9 is doing something right?

#21 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

so going 6-10, 7-9 is doing something right?

smdh...you were talking about the preseason and how we have to take it seriously...in 2008 we went 12-4. As we all know double trouble was born, but in our second preseason game (at philly too ironically), Deangelo had the same stats virtually as he did this past week. Delhomme threw a pick to 0 tds and only complete half his passes for 50 some yards. We lost that game too. So should we have "taken that game seriously" as well because the past two season (06/07) we had losing records?

All im pointing out is that dont judge the fate of our season through a preseason game, especially when a week ago after our win everyone including you im sure were saying oh playoffs.

#22 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

smdh...you were talking about the preseason and how we have to take it seriously...in 2008 we went 12-4. As we all know double trouble was born, but in our second preseason game (at philly too ironically), Deangelo had the same stats virtually as he did this past week. Delhomme threw a pick to 0 tds and only complete half his passes for 50 some yards. We lost that game too. So should we have "taken that game seriously" as well because the past two season (06/07) we had losing records?

All im pointing out is that dont judge the fate of our season through a preseason game, especially when a week ago after our win everyone including you im sure were saying oh playoffs.

lol i never said anything about playoffs. 

and i dont judge the fate of our season through a preseason game but you can't tell me you're not at least slightly worried that we've looked like poop for majority of pre-season (Bears game was a TO fest). 

i think it's perfectly acceptable to judge players based on pre-season performances. I don't like seeing the OL get manhandled.  I don't like seeing Cam continue to overthrow WRs.  I don't like to see our secondary (which is our biggest concern heading into the season) give up big plays. 

i mean seriously, a completely unproven secondary comes out and plays poorly and they get the "they weren't really trying" excuse?  

if a player comes out and sucks, i should be able to say that without someone like you coming around with asshat gifs. 

#23 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

lol i never said anything about playoffs. 

and i dont judge the fate of our season through a preseason game but you can't tell me you're not at least slightly worried that we've looked like poop for majority of pre-season (Bears game was a TO fest). 

i think it's perfectly acceptable to judge players based on pre-season performances. I don't like seeing the OL get manhandled.  I don't like seeing Cam continue to overthrow WRs.  I don't like to see our secondary (which is our biggest concern heading into the season) give up big plays. 

i mean seriously, a completely unproven secondary comes out and plays poorly and they get the "they weren't really trying" excuse?  

if a player comes out and sucks, i should be able to say that without someone like you coming around with asshat gifs. 

Playoffs was an expression, kid.

Don't get so angry when someone disagrees with you on the internet and posts a sarcastic gif. We are all fans of the same team. Judge preseason the way you want. You can be in the hit the panic button mode, but I'm not going that route. Have a nice night.

#24 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

fvV4o5s.png

#25 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Is it 1996 Yet?_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,075 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

Son, week 1 is gonna be a TEST.

Our biggest problem as of 8-17-2013 is Ron Rivera. 

Pete Carroll is going to shyt in all our Wheaties Week 1.

172748-650-366.jpg

This ridiculous, meaningless stare.

#26 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

Just an FYI, I'll be in the chat if anyone wants to come have a pointless argument.

#27 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

We are all fans of the same team.

You sure about that one?

#28 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

They can't touch our .388 week one record mnsXI.gif

#29 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

So all of a sudden we looked like poo against the Bears?  Man, and here I thought we looked pretty damn good minus some easily avoided boneheaded TOs.

The same Bears that finished 10-6 last year.

The same Bears that had a defense that was, at one point, on pace to be knocking on history's door last season.

The same Bears that just made the Chargers look like a division 2 college team.

The same mother fuging Bears that we should've beat last year if not for one of those BS 4th quarter collapses we've become famous for.

I know it's cliche at this point (and there's a reason for this), but it's preseason people... it'll be alright.

#30 WildCats

WildCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

When will the huddle have a dislike button. It would have been handy lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com