Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vanilla Offense in Preseason

49 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

you don't butter your toast before adding jelly?

This. Thread closed.

Posted · Report post

We were actually warned by Zod that this vanilla garbage O would happen. We could have tried fo Hue Jackson, we could have tried for Norv Turner. We chose Shula.

Oh and save me the "NEED TO KEEP USING SAME OFFENSE SO CONSISTENCYyyyyyyyyyyyyyY"

You tell me Norv can't find a scheme that Cam would have thrived it.

Um, Rivera barely kept his job....like Fox late he was limited in what he could offer any coach.

We run Norv's scheme. Norv isn't going to take a one year deal to come here when he could sign a nice deal in Clev.

Posted · Report post

Cam could have used "it's like eating barbeque without any hush puppies" analogy

Posted · Report post

I will reserve any opinions until the rubber hits the road. Can they pull their collective heads out of arz in two weeks? I don't know why they are not executing , is it talent? Is it coaching? Vanilla preseason mean nothing games? We will know sept 8 what the truth is, until then its all speculation on what they are going to be.

Posted · Report post

So what is the difference between other teams who are running vanilla game-plans and having success vs the Panthers who are also running the same vanilla plays and are doing jack-squat.

Posted · Report post

So what is the difference between other teams who are running vanilla game-plans and having success vs the Panthers who are also running the same vanilla plays and are doing jack-squat.

Shhh. They don't like realist around here. Don't you know we aren't trying as hard as other teams.

Posted · Report post

I will reserve any opinions until the rubber hits the road. Can they pull their collective heads out of arz in two weeks? I don't know why they are not executing , is it talent? Is it coaching? Vanilla preseason mean nothing games? We will know sept 8 what the truth is, until then its all speculation on what they are going to be.

Lack of talent on the O line and lack of talented depth. Also lack of talent in the secondary.

Posted · Report post

..so if something is vanilla execution does not matter ?

What will the excuse be in week 1, 2, 12?

Rest assured, there will be one.

Posted · Report post

They have the talent to successfully run their basic plays?

And, a lot of teams basic stuff is more aggressive in nature....and that helps them a lot in preseason ball

Posted · Report post

They have the talent to successfully run their basic plays?

And, a lot of teams basic stuff is more aggressive in nature....and that helps them a lot in preseason ball

That's scary

Posted · Report post

you don't butter your toast before adding jelly?

toast, yes.

Posted · Report post

If you don't like the idea of doing more player evaluation then scheme analysis in the preseason then pick another team to root for.

This is something Gettelmen will want no matter who is coach.