Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason in full pads today for 1st time

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Im hope Beason has the kind of year TD had last year coming off an injury

Posted · Report post

This is great news... if he can stay healthy our defense should be formidable
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Even if Beason comes back at just two thirds of what he was before the injuries, he'll be an immediate impact player that elevates the whole defense. That's just my opinion. I hope the man is up to snuff and isn't rushing it this year like he did last year. 

Posted · Report post

Even if Beason comes back at just two thirds of what he was before the injuries, he'll be an immediate impact player that elevates the whole defense. That's just my opinion. I hope the man is up to snuff and isn't rushing it this year like he did last year.

I don't know about that....he was probably two thirds of the man last year. He was a liability often then.

Posted · Report post

I think he was still hurting last year. It just didn't look like the same Beason to me. I believe he tried to get back on the field too soon, and paid for it with aggravated old injuries and new ones on top of it. If he is truly healthy now, I am anxious to see him suit up.

Posted · Report post

I think he was still hurting last year. It just didn't look like the same Beason to me. I believe he tried to get back on the field too soon, and paid for it with aggravated old injuries and new ones on top of it. If he is truly healthy now, I am anxious to see him suit up.

It is very unlikely he is "truly healthy" the man said himself that the pain in his knee will not subside until after some months, even years, maybe never, and that he has to get used to playing with it. 

Posted · Report post

You really can't overstate the leadership he gives the defense. Don't discount that.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Its sad how much of an after thought Beason is on here anymore. Not playing 2 years will tend to do that...

Hope he can come back to full strength

Posted · Report post

Beason is a Hugh part of defense. I hope that he can stay healthy the remainder of his career, if for nothing else, to prove all the haters and fairweather fans wrong...

Posted · Report post

You really can't overstate the leadership he gives the defense. Don't discount that.

Not trying to discredit this claim, but what about the leadership Kuechly gives? Davis? Kuechly will be an even better leader than he was last year, because he's more comfortable and know his teammates now. 

Posted · Report post

His instincts and football smarts will make up for whatever he lost with the injury

Posted · Report post

Beason will probably play a few snaps in the Baltimore game, said he wanted to get in some plays before the season starts.