Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason in full pads today for 1st time

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is he going to take any snaps in preseason games?  I still feel as though his 2nd injury was from coming back too quick.  

Posted · Report post

Jon Beason is a stud.

Posted · Report post

You really can't overstate the leadership he gives the defense. Don't discount that.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
I don't want Beason trying to step in and mess up Kuechly's development as a leader.
If he knows his role and is willing to defer to Luke, I welcome him back. If he can't let go, I don't know what to say.

Posted · Report post

Kugzilla gonna see the field? Enter the next Tour de France or what? Any news on him?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It is very unlikely he is "truly healthy" the man said himself that the pain in his knee will not subside until after some months, even years, maybe never, and that he has to get used to playing with it. 

Granted. I simply meant "truly healthy" in the sense that everything functions right, even though there may be pain. It's one thing to play with pain, while entirely another to attempt to do it while your physiognomy (the hardware, you might say) is still subpar.

Posted · Report post

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
I don't want Beason trying to step in and mess up Kuechly's development as a leader.
If he knows his role and is willing to defer to Luke, I welcome him back. If he can't let go, I don't know what to say.

Luke looks up to him.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Be very true....have to give the man some time to knock the rust off and feel confident with his physical recovery. Don't expect to much to soon and let's hope that this bag of skin and bones we all carry around can hold up to the pounding. Good luck to him.

Posted · Report post

Luke looks up to him.

And you can lead a defense w/o calling the plays. Luke doesn't seem to be the rah rah guy like Beason. Beason has always gotten guys fired up. Luke will come into his own on that but he is just in his second year and needs time to see HOW to lead a defense like Beason does.

Posted · Report post

Kugzilla gonna see the field? Enter the next Tour de France or what? Any news on him?

Tour de France... LOL! Nice one

Posted · Report post

He sat out today. Hixon is back however and fully plans on playing. This receiver battle is great to watch.

Posted · Report post

Good news! 

More good news would be if Blackburn practiced too.

Posted · Report post

Love Beason, but it's very rare that players ever return to form after microfracture. There are some exceptions, off the top of my head I think Frank Gore is one success story. But even looking at just our team - Deshaun Foster, Patrick Jeffers... In basketball it has pretty much ended careers or reauired players to totally change their game - Greg Oden, Amare Stoudamire, Brandon Roy had to retire at like age 27 because of it...

His instincts, leadership, and general presence will no doubt be a positive influence on our team and defense, but the question is whether he can be any bit of the player he was physically before the last two years. The achilles and microfracture injuries are probably the worst injuries to try to come back from in sports.