Beason in full pads today for 1st time

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Even if Beason comes back at just two thirds of what he was before the injuries, he'll be an immediate impact player that elevates the whole defense. That's just my opinion. I hope the man is up to snuff and isn't rushing it this year like he did last year.

I don't know about that....he was probably two thirds of the man last year. He was a liability often then.

#17 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think he was still hurting last year. It just didn't look like the same Beason to me. I believe he tried to get back on the field too soon, and paid for it with aggravated old injuries and new ones on top of it. If he is truly healthy now, I am anxious to see him suit up.

#18 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

I think he was still hurting last year. It just didn't look like the same Beason to me. I believe he tried to get back on the field too soon, and paid for it with aggravated old injuries and new ones on top of it. If he is truly healthy now, I am anxious to see him suit up.

It is very unlikely he is "truly healthy" the man said himself that the pain in his knee will not subside until after some months, even years, maybe never, and that he has to get used to playing with it. 

#19 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

You really can't overstate the leadership he gives the defense. Don't discount that.

#20 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Its sad how much of an after thought Beason is on here anymore. Not playing 2 years will tend to do that...

Hope he can come back to full strength

#21 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

Beason is a Hugh part of defense. I hope that he can stay healthy the remainder of his career, if for nothing else, to prove all the haters and fairweather fans wrong...

#22 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

You really can't overstate the leadership he gives the defense. Don't discount that.

Not trying to discredit this claim, but what about the leadership Kuechly gives? Davis? Kuechly will be an even better leader than he was last year, because he's more comfortable and know his teammates now. 

#23 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

His instincts and football smarts will make up for whatever he lost with the injury

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

Beason will probably play a few snaps in the Baltimore game, said he wanted to get in some plays before the season starts. 

#25 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Is he going to take any snaps in preseason games?  I still feel as though his 2nd injury was from coming back too quick.  

#26 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Jon Beason is a stud.

#27 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
I don't want Beason trying to step in and mess up Kuechly's development as a leader.
If he knows his role and is willing to defer to Luke, I welcome him back. If he can't let go, I don't know what to say.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

Kugzilla gonna see the field? Enter the next Tour de France or what? Any news on him?

#29 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

It is very unlikely he is "truly healthy" the man said himself that the pain in his knee will not subside until after some months, even years, maybe never, and that he has to get used to playing with it. 

Granted. I simply meant "truly healthy" in the sense that everything functions right, even though there may be pain. It's one thing to play with pain, while entirely another to attempt to do it while your physiognomy (the hardware, you might say) is still subpar.

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Too many chiefs and not enough indians.
I don't want Beason trying to step in and mess up Kuechly's development as a leader.
If he knows his role and is willing to defer to Luke, I welcome him back. If he can't let go, I don't know what to say.

Luke looks up to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com