Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The EJ Manuel pressure on Cam.

91 posts in this topic

Posted

I think EJ will definitely be compared to Cam, and he did look good keeping the chains moving with short/intermediate passes.

I aso agree that one of Cam's biggest flaws is forcing the big play instead of just taking what defenses give him. I thought he figued it out at the end of last year, but he hasn't shown it thus far in preseason.

Unfortunately, I agree with much of the OP.

Seek help.

Posted

LOL at "loaded with talent at WR"

They Stevie Johnson, a young true #1. Drafted Robert Woods(in the 2nd), Goodwin(3rd), and their other youngs are balling to make the team. All those guys are speedy guys. They might give us problems with that hurry up short passing attack which we didn't fair too well against in the preseason so far.

2 people like this

Posted

When EJ breaks as many passing records as Cam, then we can talk. Right now EJ can't hold Cam's jock.

1 person likes this

Posted

This dude hasn't even been name the starter yet, and here you're suggesting that Cam should follow in his footsteps. smh

Posted

Except he's already hurt, probably won't even be their starter. Yeah the pressure is on cam to have the best first THREE seasons of a quarterback ever. Anyone who thinks Cameron Newton is why we are 13-19 the past two seasons is correct. We'd be 3-29 with out him. GET THE fug OUT OF HERE WITH EJ MANUEL BULLSHIT

Posted

Funny how you mentioned the offensive talent that the Bills have.

Now tell me about the loaded offensive talent the Panthers have.

Those huddler expecting a high scoring offense cable of moving the ball down the field consistently is in for a rude awakening.

This season is about the defense shutting our opposition down and our offense staying out of the way of the defense by not placing them bad situations.

Otherwise the Panthers are in for another long frustrating season. 

Posted

Seek help.

We're all Carolina fans here but a little scouting doesn't hurt. I thought this game would have been a given for us after we face Seattle and then I saw their young talents and how they're performing. A lot of us on this board can agree we didn't see much improvements from last year in those last 2 preseason games.

Posted

So to keep a tally of all the threads on here in recent years...

Cam will feel pressure if he plays anyone in the division. (Ryan, Bree, and Freeman)

Any QB that has a similar arm strength and is hard to tackle (Rothleisburger)

The other black QB that runs and throws (Vick)

All the QB's from last year that did well (Wilson, Luck , RG3)

Any QB that does check down when the pass isn't there (Both Mannings, Brady, Wheedon, Palmer, etc.)

The other QB that looks "sulky".  (Jay Cutler)

The other Rookie starting QB that didn't suck in 2011 (Andy Dalton)

And now also anyone who looks somewhat similar to Cam in play style -----  EJ Manuel.... why not just throw Geno Smith in there as well.

So in conclusion.. Cam should be feeling pressure from every QB in some way or another.....    :phew:

3 people like this

Posted

Decent chance EJ won't even be ready to play us week 2 with his knee surgery today.

Posted

Although I don't think cam is really under any pressure I do think he is the worst screen passing qb I've ever seen. Same with his short throws. I mean my god my heart stops when he goes to throw the screen pass.

Posted

When EJ breaks as many passing records as Cam, then we can talk. Right now EJ can't hold Cam's jock.

agree. But we're talking about the whole team. Aside from the QB, we might not be able to overcome their better personnel and COACHING(how can we forget that).

Posted

Oh god there is so much EJ Manuel pressure on Cam that we are all literally drowning in it

6 people like this