Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN ranks Cam Newton the 100th best offensive player in league

88 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

2 long snappers in front of Cam...

Same network that has Skip Bayless Tweet: Seattle looks like they will unseat Denver as the biggest threat to the Patriots in the AFC.

Seriously... It is like Sigh said... They are giggling trying to get hits and other crap.

Posted · Report post

RG3, Kaep, Wilson, etc are all gonna be higher than him.  What a joke

Posted · Report post

The Curse of Ron Rivera Continues. 

Hopefully, that (Cam's luck/he [Ron Rivera] will change this year. 

Posted · Report post

Funny. Where are some of these other players (including the "young Quarterbacks") going to be ranked, when they, and their team have bad years in 2013?

Today's headline at Yahoo Sports NFL page:  "Good Luck: No Sophomore Jinx for QB" (with regard to Andrew Luck).

They have already pronounced Andrew Luck's "sophomore jinx" as non-existent... AND HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE SOPHOMORE GAME.

It's not the truth or facts that they want to report.  Hell, they don't even want to "report"... they want to manipulate and create the reality that they, from up there on their pedestal, WANT to occur.

Posted · Report post

His ability as a runner and a goal line back are not to be understated and I wasn't trying to gloss over it. He's a weapon at the goal line and has been used well in those situations. But often people cite the numer of TD's he has and say only Marino has more. But if you go by passing TD's, he hasn't lit the world on fire....yet.

Any list that has Cam Newton listed behind Miles Austin and Tony Romo (and who knows who else) isn't a list worth defending.

And your entire mushy justification about why Cam ain't really that damn great and shouldn't be defended is just a another form of defense of this moronic list and Cam's ranking in it.

Posted · Report post

When you have a losing record that's what happens you in up down the list!  :cam:

So you're telling me that there won't be ANY players above him that play on losing teams?

You willing to make a bet on that?

Posted · Report post

Any list that has Cam Newton listed behind Miles Austin and Tony Romo (and who knows who else) isn't a list worth defending.

And your entire mushy justification about why Cam ain't really that damn great and shouldn't be defended is just a another form of defense of this moronic list and Cam's ranking in it.

I'm sorry but when did I say Cam shouldn't be defended?

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but when did I say Cam shouldn't be defended?

It was the standard "Well, you guys just don't seem to understand so let me explain it to you..." defense.

And classically and impeccably composed, I must say.

Posted · Report post

ESPN has already declared RG3 one of the best to ever play the game, Kaepernick a Top 10 QB on seven starts and Romo an elite QB. It's quite obvious that their rankings are based on a popularity contest. Yet, I don't know why we continue to take them seriously. It is mind-blogging.

I pray Fox Sports 1 has more journalist integrity. ESPN nowadays is a 'hot' reporter who depends solely on her appearance rather than her IQ.

Posted · Report post

It was the standard "Well, you guys just don't seem to understand so let me explain it to you..." defense.

And classically and impeccably composed, I must say.

I'm the dumbest smart motherfucker on this message board so I wasn't saying anybody doesn't understand anything, and I certainly wasn't trying to explain anything.

I said Cam can be the greatest ever, and I think he will. I also said I didn't agree with his placement on this list. I also said that due to the Endowment Effect, people on this board tend to gloss over some of Cam's glaring weaknesses. It's ok to point out that some of our favorite players aren't perfect. Doesn't mean I'm bashing him or I'm part of some larger collective of people that blindly follows ESPN or can't wait to hate on Cam Newton. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Posted · Report post

I'm the dumbest smart motherfuger on this message board so I wasn't saying anybody doesn't understand anything, and I certainly wasn't trying to explain anything.

I said Cam can be the greatest ever, and I think he will. I also said I didn't agree with his placement on this list. I also said that due to the Endowment Effect, people on this board tend to gloss over some of Cam's glaring weaknesses. It's ok to point out that some of our favorite players aren't perfect. Doesn't mean I'm bashing him or I'm part of some larger collective of people that blindly follows ESPN or can't wait to hate on Cam Newton. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What'd you say about my quarterback?

tumblr_lpexdds0Zz1qbsg6oo1_500.gif
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Didn't Cam's peers already picked him top 50. The off season is over. Let's play some football. Move on ESPNist!