Photo
- - - - -

ESPN ranks Cam Newton the 100th best offensive player in league

Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

I have not been paying a lot of attention to ESPN lately, mainly because of shows like "First Take", which I think is the sports world's equivalent of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". That being said, I know how a lot of you have talked about how biased they have become, including the Cam hate. And you all are %100 correct. Cam ranked at 100? And I am currently witnessing the slurp fest for RG3 on Monday Night Countdown (b/c theres nothing else on). I think he was discussed in one form or another for at least 30 minutes of a one hour show, to the point of being nauseating. They REALLY are pathetic.

#77 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Today's headline at Yahoo Sports NFL page:  "Good Luck: No Sophomore Jinx for QB" (with regard to Andrew Luck).

They have already pronounced Andrew Luck's "sophomore jinx" as non-existent... AND HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE SOPHOMORE GAME.

It's not the truth or facts that they want to report.  Hell, they don't even want to "report"... they want to manipulate and create the reality that they, from up there on their pedestal, WANT to occur.

Yeah, that is funny, considering he Sucked toward the end of the season. However, he was fortunate (I guess "Luck"y enough) to get bailed out by his defense numerous times. 

It may catch up with him this year. Then let's see what all these reactionary clowns say?

#78 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Today's headline at Yahoo Sports NFL page:  "Good Luck: No Sophomore Jinx for QB" (with regard to Andrew Luck).

They have already pronounced Andrew Luck's "sophomore jinx" as non-existent... AND HE HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE SOPHOMORE GAME.

It's not the truth or facts that they want to report.  Hell, they don't even want to "report"... they want to manipulate and create the reality that they, from up there on their pedestal, WANT to occur.

Yeah, that is funny, considering he Sucked toward the end of the season. However, he was fortunate (I guess "Luck"y enough) to get bailed out by his defense numerous times. 

It may catch up with him this year. Then let's see what all these reactionary clowns say?

#79 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,889 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I have not been paying a lot of attention to ESPN lately, mainly because of shows like "First Take", which I think is the sports world's equivalent of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". That being said, I know how a lot of you have talked about how biased they have become, including the Cam hate. And you all are %100 correct. Cam ranked at 100? And I am currently witnessing the slurp fest for RG3 on Monday Night Countdown (b/c theres nothing else on). I think he was discussed in one form or another for at least 30 minutes of a one hour show, to the point of being nauseating. They REALLY are pathetic.

Makes you wonder...what's in it for them?

benny-hill-news-flash-o.gif

#80 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Just realized our game Thursday will be on ESPN. It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about Cam.

#81 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,757 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

They're stroking RG3's analog stick like cheap hookers. That 30 minute rehab special was just as nauseating too. You can't blame though. Since Tebowmania has died, they have no one else to suck dry.

#82 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

Lol..... just lol. Fox Sports 1 cant be this bad.

#83 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Lol..... just lol. Fox Sports 1 cant be this bad.

I don't know. With the intellect of Randy Moss, Gary Payton, Erin Andrews :blink: and Regis Philbin (WTH), they almost trump the brain power of  Mike Ditka (does the guy ever complete a sentence?), Skip Bayless (moron) , Chris Berman (tired act) and Stephen A. Smith (another argumentative moron).  With that being said, I really doubt Fox put much of a dent into ESPN's herd. By the way, does anybody know what FXX is? They keep advertising it but never explain and I'm too lazy to look it up.

#84 goodsense83

goodsense83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

This piece was obviously done to get this kind of reaction. 

2 things. The photo for this piece has Cam Newton front and center... because they knew it was going to cause a stir. Then they asked us to tweet about it using #NFLRank. So in my estimation is just a buzz piece. Even Cam-Haters are saying this is stupid. Anyone who agrees with this knows absolutely nothing about football. 

I also thought it was humorous that Jordan Gross was above Cam Newton. I mean... I like JG, but if our line could protect the QB more, maybe he wouldnt be getting touched over 20% of the time. 

Also wanted to point out that on the Defensive side of the ball, Mr Marcell Dareus is ranked 100. I remember being on this board and guys on THIS board were saying we shouldve selected Marcell over Cam. And to me... thats funny.  

#85 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,095 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

I don't know. With the intellect of Randy Moss, Gary Payton, Erin Andrews :blink: and Regis Philbin (WTH), they almost trump the brain power of  Mike Ditka (does the guy ever complete a sentence?), Skip Bayless (moron) , Chris Berman (tired act) and Stephen A. Smith (another argumentative moron).  With that being said, I really doubt Fox put much of a dent into ESPN's herd. By the way, does anybody know what FXX is? They keep advertising it but never explain and I'm too lazy to look it up.

FXX is a new station from Fox (FX channel) that mainly is comedies.  Always Sunny and League are going to be on there for new seasons, etc.

#86 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,769 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

hai guiz did you haer? evan mathis >>>> cam newton

no offense to mathis but LOL fug that.

#87 auburnman

auburnman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

trying to post some wallpapers i made over the weekend but i cant start a new post (i guess b/c I am too new)?  This one is not that good but I have made a few during work when i am supposed to be doing real Graphic Arts work :)  I am going to post a quick test one here because I cant find an appropriate thread to post them in....but can post more if anyone is interested or wouldnt mind starting a thread for me.

rkaz.jpg

#88 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm looking at many of the guys ranked ahead of him; SMH.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com