Photo
- - - - -

Lol Jon Gruden; "NFL should fine the QBs when they stare down receivers." I love Chucky.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Lastnight on MNF when a Redskins receiver got clocked hard, Gruden then went on a rant saying its the QB's fault for staring down the receiver too long and leading a defender right to the receiver as a result. I dont know why but I busted out laughing for some reason when he said that. "I tell ya, NFL should fine the QBs for staring down the receiver to begin with."

BTW, this isnt Panther related but just thought it was funny as heck. Say what you will about Gruden, but ive always loved the guy.

#2 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

um.. thanks for sharing...?

#3 CardiacCat

CardiacCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

heard it and couldn't believe my ears..... then, I realized it was Gruden ......  

#4 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Waiting for someone to comment about Newton and his lone preseason INT in relation to this topic... won't be long.

#5 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

he is kinda right though...a QB staring down a receiver has caused more injuries than any helmet to helmet hit. 

#6 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Do you just really like starting threads? 

I'm willing  to give up my chance at starting threads if Zod will raise the minimum high enough so this guy can't. 

#7 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

I saw that play.  It was a crap call.  Guy going over the middle and as soon as he turns he gets low, falling forward.  The defender was already going low and bam.  Nobodies fault.  Guy goes down.  Lays there.  Doesn't get up.  Then come two flags.

If I was an NFL players I'd just stay down on any hard hit to draw the flag.

#8 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

If I was an NFL players I'd just stay down on any hard hit to draw the flag.

Idk but this comment reminded me of that time we were playing the bucs on mnf and someone in the bucs' secondary pushed or contacted keyshawn out of bounds and he sold it like shawn michaels and got the penalty called against TB

#9 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

Waiting for someone to comment about Newton and his lone preseason INT in relation to this topic... won't be long.

By "won't be long" did you mean "It's happening right now in my post"?

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Idk but this comment reminded me of that time we were playing the bucs on mnf and someone in the bucs' secondary pushed or contacted keyshawn out of bounds and he sold it like shawn michaels and got the penalty called against TB

i remember somebody on ... was it the saints? ...hitting steve smith across the middle helmet-to-helmet really hard. it was scary. smitty laid out on the ground motionless, and for a breathless couple of moments nothing happened, and then two yellow flags came sailing into the picture, and steve smith popped up off the ground like a loaded fuging spring and starting talking poo.

amazing

#11 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,586 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

I didn't hear Gruden say that.  Then again, it was hard to understand him talking with Cornball Bob's junk in his mouth all night.

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

i remember somebody on ... was it the saints? ...hitting steve smith across the middle helmet-to-helmet really hard. it was scary. smitty laid out on the ground motionless, and for a breathless couple of moments nothing happened, and then two yellow flags came sailing into the picture, and steve smith popped up off the ground like a loaded fuging spring and starting talking poo.

amazing

Hell, it was just last year that TD had that flag thrown for hitting that bucs receiver who was on the ground for like one minute after he got hit, then he went to the fuging sideline on his own looking like he was bragging about the call. I think it was that bitch Tiquan Underwood. Pretty much, the refs are going to call a flag if they feel like the player got hurt on the play, which is bullshit. 

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

our QB would be broke.

#14 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

amazing

I wonder who learned from who lol

#15 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Do you just really like starting threads? 

I'm willing  to give up my chance at starting threads if Zod will raise the minimum high enough so this guy can't. 

Is this one of those situations where.....in order to gain acceptance from veteran posters you bash other new posters to separate yourself?   Looks like it.   If the thread was dumb then why did you open it?  

Haters gonna hate I guess.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com