#1 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

http://jezebel.com/5...e-only-religion

It's an honest mistake, assuming that the Constitution only protects your own personal megachurch faith. But one Louisiana Republican is learning the hard way that religious school vouchers can be used to fund education at all sorts of religious schools, even Muslim ones. And while she's totally in favor of taxpayer money being used to pay for kids to go to Christian schools, she's willing to put a stop to the entire program if Muslim schools are going to be involved.

Valarie Hodges admitted that when she supported Governor Bobby Jindal's school voucher program, she only did so because she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools. Religious freedom means that everyone's free to follow Valarie Hodges' religion! She explains,

As The Friendly Atheist points out, the brand of Christianity currently espoused by many in the religious right wing would be pretty unrecognizable to the Founding Fathers, who were pretty high on Deism and pretty low on Christian rock concerts/ talking about The Children's collective virginity/ having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But whatever. Facts are immaterial at this point.

I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America's Founding Fathers' religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools. I liked the idea of giving parents the option of sending their children to a public school or a Christian school.

RELATED

Louisiana's Kenneth the Page governorhad pushed pretty hard for the vouchers program, fast tracking it through the legislature early in the state's legislative session. But, according to the Livingston Parish News, as the measure was brought up for a vote before the full house, a Muslim school applied for the voucher program.

Whoa! Record scratch sound! Dishes breaking! Islam is a religion protected by the constitution, too? No one told Valarie Hodges anything about religions being equal under the law! She can't support any sort of anything that could learn to families using taxpayer money to educate their kids in Islamic schools. She added Bachmannesquely,

A thousand. A thousand Muslim schools in Louisiana. Maybe that's why first-time jobless claims are decreasing there; all those Muslim school jobs at the thousand new Muslim schools that Valarie Hodges knows are out there just waiting to suck off the tax teat.

We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.

The voucher program, called Act 2, passed, opening the door for god knows how many non-Valarie Hodge's-religion schools that might interfere with her vision of America as a sort of Christian Saudi Arabia. At least one public school district has already filed suit in an attempt to keep the voucher program from being enacted.

#2 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

What a stupid twat.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,913 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

I thought we were supposed to keep chuch and state seperate.

#4 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

All those legislators who enacted that bill are really secret closet Islamists.....CREEPING SHARIA~!!!J@I#I!

#5 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,829 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

REPUBLICANS ARE USING TAXPAYER MONEY TO FUND MADRASSAS!!!

The sad thing is, if Obama would have done something like this that is exactly what my chain emails would say. ;)

#6 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

REPUBLICANS ARE USING TAXPAYER MONEY TO FUND MADRASSAS!!!

The sad thing is, if Obama would have done something like this that us exactly what my chain emails would say. ;)

lol Yep

Republicans voted to fund Muslim schools that teach Sharia Law. 

too funny and true btw

#7 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Wait...Whats a Muslim?

#8 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

Wait...Whats a Muslim?

Why don't you take your state taxpayer funded voucher and go to one of the "thousands" of Muslim schools in LA and find out?

Oh wait...

#9 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

Its weird how much she has in common with radical fundamental muslims

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,181 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

I find it hilarious how much the right continues to believe the "Founding Fathers" intended Christianity to play a part in the formation of our government. Nothing could be farther from the truth. All one need do is read some Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Adams, etc. and learn some friggin' history.

One of the many reasons for the revolution toward independence in this country a couple hundred years ago was because of the repressive nature of the Church Of England and how much of a role it took in governing people's lives. The "Founding Fathers" went out of their way to make sure the church stayed away from the political arena and governance in general.

Seems the Repubtards, the Tea Baggers and everyone else on the right has simply bypassed this part of history.

#11 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,570 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Having religion govern your country is what has created the mess in the Middle East. Pakistan for example is a country established for a unified theology excluding all other religions.

Of course there is the whole Sunni and Shiite debate of who has the intended and purest theology.

So ironic and moronic that these people are only viewing the US as their local church population.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.