Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting tidbit on Beason's restructure...FA at end of the Season?

120 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Your theories are amusing.

suggesting an expensive injury plagued RB on a roster full of decent talent at the position may not be around much longer ... Yeah, that is a crazy theory.

Posted · Report post

Agreed, if we have a bad season i say tear this mofo down. Heck, if Cam plays horrible and we only win 4 or 5 games, I would say he is fair game as well. Quite frankly, the only players I have 100% confidence in on this team at this point are Keek, CJ and Smitty. Those three guys I consider blue chippers and dependable game in and game out. Everyone else and yes Cam included are suspect

so.disrespectful (steven A. smith voice)

Posted · Report post

suggesting an expensive injury plagued RB on a roster full of decent talent at the position may not be around much longer ... Yeah, that is a crazy theory.

Considering that he's been more durable than you're giving him credit for... yes.

Posted · Report post

Agreed, if we have a bad season i say tear this mofo down. Heck, if Cam plays horrible and we only win 4 or 5 games, I would say he is fair game as well. Quite frankly, the only players I have 100% confidence in on this team at this point are Keek, CJ and Smitty. Those three guys I consider blue chippers and dependable game in and game out. Everyone else and yes Cam included are suspect

I don't think cam will be gone anytime soon. He's played well with what he has, although there were mistakes. He's a once in a generation QB. I also think we keep anyone on a rookie contract and probably a few more. I DO think double trouble will be gone for sure after 2014.

Posted · Report post

Considering that he's been more durable than you're giving him credit for... yes.

He did a great job battling through injuries at Oregon and when he entered the NFL.....injuries aren't going away and now he is missing games. You think a guy who has battled them almost every game since his senior year of college is suddenly going to shake the injury bug any day now?

The constant and consistant injuries became a bigger issue the older he gets. He already has a half decade in the books. Now he is missing games. He didn't open the 2012 season and ended on IR and it looks doubtful again he will open this season.

Posted · Report post

I don't think cam will be gone anytime soon. He's played well with what he has, although there were mistakes. He's a once in a generation QB. I also think we keep anyone on a rookie contract and probably a few more. I DO think double trouble will be gone for sure after 2014.

If Cam regresses from last year and we have a bad season, he will be in the hot seat for sure. Do I think he will be cut or traded right away? No, but I have no doubt Gettleman would think long and hard at drafting a QB "just incase".

Plus the fact that Gettleman nor whoever the new HC would be did not draft Cam.

Posted · Report post

If Cam regresses from last year and we have a bad season, he will be in the hot seat for sure. Do I think he will be cut or traded right away? No, but I have no doubt Gettleman would think long and hard at drafting a QB "just incase".

Plus the fact that Gettleman nor whoever the new HC would be did not draft Cam.

More his HC hire than anything that will dictate if Cam would fizzle out....there are several offenses that Newton wouldn't thrive in.

Posted · Report post

Here's the real legit question. Say we do exceptionally well, what does G-Man do then? Keep Beason?

Posted · Report post

He did a great job battling through injuries at Oregon and when he entered the NFL.....injuries aren't going away and now he is missing games. You think a guy who has battled them almost every game since his senior year of college is suddenly going to shake the injury bug any day now?

The constant and consistant injuries became a bigger issue the older he gets. He already has a half decade in the books. Now he is missing games. He didn't open the 2012 season and ended on IR and it looks doubtful again he will open this season.

Stewart has battled injuries for years now and failed to miss copious amounts of games (it hasn't affected his gameplay either). So to infer he's commencing a break down because he missed seven games last year is a reach. Stewart is our most valuable back, especially in the Read Option, and Gettleman knows it (which is why he named him our starter).

I say let him rest until he's fully healthy, and load the gunship with Williams, Tolbert and Barner.

Posted · Report post

Here's the real legit question. Say we do exceptionally well, what does G-Man do then? Keep Beason?

We do exceptionally well or Beason does....

Posted · Report post

We do exceptionally well or Beason does....

Usually when a team does well, everybody is healthy. I would expect Beason to do well if the team did. Just saying.

Posted · Report post

Stewart has battled injuries for years now and failed to miss copious amounts of games (it hasn't affected his gameplay either). So to infer he's commencing a break down because he missed seven games last year is a reach. Stewart is our most valuable back, especially in the Read Option, and Gettleman knows it (which is why he named him our starter).

I say let him rest until he's fully healthy, and load the gunship with Williams, Tolbert and Barner.

Life....older a player gets the harder it is to battle through consistent problems. As he ages, playing through constant injury becomes unrealistic.

He will of missed the opening of the last 2 seasons and spent half of last year on IR....and the full status of this year an unknown. His injuries ain't going away....

And after Barner gets a full year under his belt....the new Oregon RB may fit better than anyone.

• Recent Comments