Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Interesting tidbit on Beason's restructure...FA at end of the Season?

NFL

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#16 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

When his contract voids, we'll be left with $8M in dead money.. probably a good reason why Gettlemagic isn't spending that $13M.

$2.8M dead for Anderson, $8M dead for Beason, $5.6M dead for Gross. That's $16.4M in dead money for next year's cap space. I don't blame him for not spending 

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

plus extensions we have to sign.

god it's going to be a rough couple of years cap wise.

#18 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

As sad as it would make me to see Beason leave, it was a good business move by Gettleman. We have Kuechly (who some believe is already the best Mike LB), Klein (has appeared more than serviceable thus far), and Davis. Furthermore, Beason is far too classy to throw a tantrum, whine and demand trades. Jon is aware of the circumstances and will test the market (if he has a big year).

#19 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Foxy might go after him.

denver would certainly be in the market

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,398 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

When his contract voids, we'll be left with $8M in dead money.. probably a good reason why Gettlemagic isn't spending that $13M.

$2.8M dead for Anderson, $8M dead for Beason, $5.6M dead for Gross. That's $16.4M in dead money for next year's cap space. I don't blame him for not spending 

i think that should answer people questioning why we havent brought in any decent free agents that would demand more than a one year deal

#21 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

If Beason plays well then we will pay him what he is worth for a SAM  backer not a pro-bowl middle linebacker.  No matter what we pay, it won't approach the money we owed him under the Hurney contract.  With the cap flat and tons of free agents available it is going to be hard for guys to break the bank anymore in 2014.  This is a huge Albatross from around our neck.

I hope he plays great and we pay a good wage.

#22 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

If those numbers are correct we can still spread Beason and Gross over 2 years if they are Jun 1st cuts making it closer to 6.8 million next year. 

#23 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,778 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

wow.

i wonder if he won't be traded beforehand if he starts well this season so we can get something for him.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Pat Y has looked at the contract and never said this.

#25 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

If those numbers are correct we can still spread Beason and Gross over 2 years if they are Jun 1st cuts making it closer to 6.8 million next year.

Not if its in the contract to cut him earlier.

#26 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I just got a glance at the details of the contract Carolina Panthers linebacker Jon Beason restructured earlier this week.

It’s pretty simple. Beason took a significant pay cut and didn’t recoup any of it with up front money.

Under the new deal, Beason’s base salary for this year dropped from $5.25 million to $1 million, which is fully guaranteed. That drops Beason’s cap figure for this year from $9.5 million to $6.1 million. Beason can recoup $1.75 million if he is active for all 16 games.

The rest of Beason’s contract, which runs through 2016, remained untouched. That means there’s a good chance Beason will have to restructure again next year because his 2014 cap figure is $10.75 million.

The Panthers now are $12.8 million under this year’s cap.

http://m.espn.go.com...csouth&id=49313

#27 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

If it's true then it's just the nature of the game. Even if Beason plays amazing we have to think about the future of the franchise. If Gettis, LaFell, hell even Armanti become impact players then we need to resign those guys. Not to mention Greg Hardy. Beason has become a luxury and not a necessity. And I say that as one of his biggest fans. 

#28 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

So what is the truth here? Getting confusing.

#29 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Gettleman's cleaning up of troublesome contracts has been impressive.
I love me some Beason, but the situation has changed drastically from when he first signed his deal.
In a perfect world he could return at a reduced rate, but I understand doing what's best for you as a player.

Also, Rivera if is gone....he could pretty much trash Hurney's entire roster and start from scratch. Coaches and players.

#30 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

Also, Rivera if is gone....he could pretty much trash Hurney's entire roster and start from scratch. Coaches and players.

but what would be the point of trashing all of hurney's players when there are some good ones. do you mean like Cam and Luke too?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com