Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Interesting tidbit on Beason's restructure...FA at end of the Season?

NFL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#85 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Your theories are amusing.

suggesting an expensive injury plagued RB on a roster full of decent talent at the position may not be around much longer ... Yeah, that is a crazy theory.

#86 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Agreed, if we have a bad season i say tear this mofo down. Heck, if Cam plays horrible and we only win 4 or 5 games, I would say he is fair game as well. Quite frankly, the only players I have 100% confidence in on this team at this point are Keek, CJ and Smitty. Those three guys I consider blue chippers and dependable game in and game out. Everyone else and yes Cam included are suspect

so.disrespectful (steven A. smith voice)

#87 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

suggesting an expensive injury plagued RB on a roster full of decent talent at the position may not be around much longer ... Yeah, that is a crazy theory.

Considering that he's been more durable than you're giving him credit for... yes.

#88 Frank Hollywood

Frank Hollywood

Ultimate Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

Agreed, if we have a bad season i say tear this mofo down. Heck, if Cam plays horrible and we only win 4 or 5 games, I would say he is fair game as well. Quite frankly, the only players I have 100% confidence in on this team at this point are Keek, CJ and Smitty. Those three guys I consider blue chippers and dependable game in and game out. Everyone else and yes Cam included are suspect

I don't think cam will be gone anytime soon. He's played well with what he has, although there were mistakes. He's a once in a generation QB. I also think we keep anyone on a rookie contract and probably a few more. I DO think double trouble will be gone for sure after 2014.

#89 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Considering that he's been more durable than you're giving him credit for... yes.

He did a great job battling through injuries at Oregon and when he entered the NFL.....injuries aren't going away and now he is missing games. You think a guy who has battled them almost every game since his senior year of college is suddenly going to shake the injury bug any day now?

The constant and consistant injuries became a bigger issue the older he gets. He already has a half decade in the books. Now he is missing games. He didn't open the 2012 season and ended on IR and it looks doubtful again he will open this season.

#90 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
Stop Making Threads...

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

I don't think cam will be gone anytime soon. He's played well with what he has, although there were mistakes. He's a once in a generation QB. I also think we keep anyone on a rookie contract and probably a few more. I DO think double trouble will be gone for sure after 2014.

If Cam regresses from last year and we have a bad season, he will be in the hot seat for sure. Do I think he will be cut or traded right away? No, but I have no doubt Gettleman would think long and hard at drafting a QB "just incase".

Plus the fact that Gettleman nor whoever the new HC would be did not draft Cam.

#91 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

If Cam regresses from last year and we have a bad season, he will be in the hot seat for sure. Do I think he will be cut or traded right away? No, but I have no doubt Gettleman would think long and hard at drafting a QB "just incase".

Plus the fact that Gettleman nor whoever the new HC would be did not draft Cam.

More his HC hire than anything that will dictate if Cam would fizzle out....there are several offenses that Newton wouldn't thrive in.

#92 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Here's the real legit question. Say we do exceptionally well, what does G-Man do then? Keep Beason?

#93 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

He did a great job battling through injuries at Oregon and when he entered the NFL.....injuries aren't going away and now he is missing games. You think a guy who has battled them almost every game since his senior year of college is suddenly going to shake the injury bug any day now?

The constant and consistant injuries became a bigger issue the older he gets. He already has a half decade in the books. Now he is missing games. He didn't open the 2012 season and ended on IR and it looks doubtful again he will open this season.

Stewart has battled injuries for years now and failed to miss copious amounts of games (it hasn't affected his gameplay either). So to infer he's commencing a break down because he missed seven games last year is a reach. Stewart is our most valuable back, especially in the Read Option, and Gettleman knows it (which is why he named him our starter).

I say let him rest until he's fully healthy, and load the gunship with Williams, Tolbert and Barner.

#94 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Here's the real legit question. Say we do exceptionally well, what does G-Man do then? Keep Beason?

We do exceptionally well or Beason does....

#95 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

We do exceptionally well or Beason does....

Usually when a team does well, everybody is healthy. I would expect Beason to do well if the team did. Just saying.

#96 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Stewart has battled injuries for years now and failed to miss copious amounts of games (it hasn't affected his gameplay either). So to infer he's commencing a break down because he missed seven games last year is a reach. Stewart is our most valuable back, especially in the Read Option, and Gettleman knows it (which is why he named him our starter).

I say let him rest until he's fully healthy, and load the gunship with Williams, Tolbert and Barner.

Life....older a player gets the harder it is to battle through consistent problems. As he ages, playing through constant injury becomes unrealistic.

He will of missed the opening of the last 2 seasons and spent half of last year on IR....and the full status of this year an unknown. His injuries ain't going away....

And after Barner gets a full year under his belt....the new Oregon RB may fit better than anyone.