Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte Lands top 150 player for 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

Ge-Lawn Guyn
http://charlotte.riv...=2&pr_key=81753
http://insider.espn....382&season=2010

Not a lot of Charlotte fans on here I know, but Charlotte has really stepped up its recruiting for the first time since it left C-USA before the last big conference shake up. In addition to this guy, Charlotte recently got transfer Jamar Briscoe who was the 2nd highest scoring freshman in the nation last year behind Seth Curry.

Charlotte got a few other relatively high profile commits for this coming season as well and is set up to finally return to the level it was at in C-USA when it was competing against, and beating Cinci, Louisville, and Memphis. Few know this, but during its tenure, Charlotte actually had the 2nd highest win % in C-USA when C-USA was actually a great conference. Hopefully those days are on once again on the horizon.

Posted Image

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:04 PM

sweet, good for Charlotte.

#3 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

Supposedly Lance Stephenson has Charlotte as a school of interest, but I seriously doubt we are considering him. We have no schollies available for the 2009 season and he has wayyyyyyyyy too much baggage to be worth the risk. One great player is not worth lost scholarships. There is a chance of that happening to any school that picks this kid up.

I'm content with the team we have now, Stephenson is not worth the risk. Chris Braswell is gonna be a stud. Was a top 20 talent when he committed to Georgetown in 08. He didn't qualify and played prep ball and was ranked in the top 70 for the 09 class (higher before he committed to Charlotte, but anytime a player doesn't commit to a school from one of the six big conferences the rank drops).

Edited by Tensor, 28 June 2009 - 11:37 PM.

#4 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thats great to hear. As an '06 ALUM, I saw the gradual decline of the team over my 4 years and it became pretty sad by my final year. I really want to have a reason to go back and pay full price for tickets :cool:

#5 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

On to more exciting news, I just farted.

#6 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thats great to hear. As an '06 ALUM, I saw the gradual decline of the team over my 4 years and it became pretty sad by my final year. I really want to have a reason to go back and pay full price for tickets :cool:

You got to see some decent basketball in your time. Not Niners at their 90's peak, but still pretty good. At least you didn't suffer through the 06-07 season and the 08-09 season. Injuries really killed the team last season though.

If you've never bought season tickets before, you can get them for 49 dollars. If you have they're a bit more expensive, but still very reasonable.

Charlotte has a great schedule this season. Play in the preseason NIT and will likely face Duke in that tournament. Play Tennessee, Louisville, and GT as well. Dayton and Xavier will both be formidable teams also.

As an '06 Alum, I also hope you have considered buying FSL's for the football team. It will only happen if people buy tickets. They have a payment plan that comes out to be only 26 dollars a month.

#7 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

On to more exciting news, I just farted.

If you don't care stay out of the thread. I promise you we don't care what you think.

#8 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

Ge-Lawn Guyn
http://charlotte.riv...=2&pr_key=81753
http://insider.espn....382&season=2010

Not a lot of Charlotte fans on here I know, but Charlotte has really stepped up its recruiting for the first time since it left C-USA before the last big conference shake up. In addition to this guy, Charlotte recently got transfer Jamar Briscoe who was the 2nd highest scoring freshman in the nation last year behind Seth Curry.

Charlotte got a few other relatively high profile commits for this coming season as well and is set up to finally return to the level it was at in C-USA when it was competing against, and beating Cinci, Louisville, and Memphis. Few know this, but during its tenure, Charlotte actually had the 2nd highest win % in C-USA when C-USA was actually a great conference. Hopefully those days are on once again on the horizon.

Posted Image

Great news Tensor. Hopefully things are starting to turn around for us. I'm really looking forward to the 09-10 season.

#9 Its The Milk

Its The Milk

Justice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

Niner Nation!

#10 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

You an incoming freshman? If so, join Niner Nation Gold. They'll be doing a bus trip to Knoxville for the Tennessee game this year. There are also food and beverages provided to members before home games. It's worth the 20 dollars.

#11 Charlotte49erFootball

Charlotte49erFootball

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

You an incoming freshman? If so, join Niner Nation Gold. They'll be doing a bus trip to Knoxville for the Tennessee game this year. There are also food and beverages provided to members before home games. It's worth the 20 dollars.

You didn't quote anyone so I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not. Anyway, I'm not a freshman I graduated in '03. Just looking forward getting out and watching some games with decent talent for a change.

#12 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

You didn't quote anyone so I'm not sure if this was directed at me or not. Anyway, I'm not a freshman I graduated in '03. Just looking forward getting out and watching some games with decent talent for a change.

I was talking to the other guy. I know who you are from NNN

#13 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,974 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Great. Now can they get out of the A10 ASAP?

#14 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Football will have to come first. If people buy the FSL's, football will come. If football comes, the Big East is a likely destination after the next conference realignment.

A10 is the best conference for basketball outside of the Big 6 conferences the most consistently. The league has quite a quite a bit of talent committed for the upcoming season and the 2010 season. A lot of top 150 players (Rivals list) have committed or have a good shot at landing in the A-10 this coming season and in 2010. St. Joe's alone signed one top 50 guy, one top 100 guy, and one top 150 guy for the 2010 class. Xavier's recruiting hasn't slacked off at all since Sean Miller's departure for Arizona. Dayton, Charlotte, and UMass have all stepped it up in a big way as well. Hell, even LaSalle pulled in a top 30 player for the 2009 class. Charlotte is starting to get back to the level of recruiting they were at when they were in C-USA.

I want to get out of the A-10 as badly as anyone else, and so does anyone else who has interest in Charlotte athletics, but it sadly won't happen unless the school starts to take the football effort more seriously. They announced that they would seek to add football and then nothing else has really been heard since. Supposedly they are supposed to be starting a big advertising push in July, so maybe that will help. The program needs a face that people know to get behind the football push in order for it to be a draw to casual supporters. There has already been one 7 figure donation for football, but the donor and amount have not been announced.

#15 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

Apparently this kid has reopened his recruitment. Sucks for Charlotte.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com