Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Bored' teenagers gun down college ballplayer, Oklahoma cops say

145 posts in this topic

Posted

I read they can't identify them because they are all 3 under 18. So maybe it's a legal thing not what's being suggested. 

Posted

I read they can't identify them because they are all 3 under 18. So maybe it's a legal thing not what's being suggested. 

They've already been identified, and photos have been posted to news sites.

Posted

The public reaction to George Zimmerman had much to do with the question of his credibility.

These three have no credibility issues, because they have already admitted to murdering someone due to boredom.

Their racial motivations may be an additional issue worth consider in sentencing, but there is little doubt these three will be spending decades behind bars.

Posted

the lamestream lsm liebrul media hasn't told me the race of the accused so idk if they're thugs or crazed lone wolves

1 person likes this

Posted

Almost as bad as "white hispanic" while doctoring 911 tapes and pixelating police camera videos.

By the way...the two issues have nothing to do with one another, but bias through omission is still bias. 

in this case whiteness is social and cultural, not racial; it ties into notions of white privilege and why zimmerman was allowed to leave the scene of the crime that night. also power structures and historical context are why a white authority figure murdering a black kid make bigger news. the lives lost are worth the same, but the added social evil of prejudice is what puts cases like Z vs. T over the top in news and media.

Posted

They've already been identified, and photos have been posted to news sites.

I'm not seeing them on American sites.

Posted

remember when everyone knew george zimmerman's race the day that he killed that kid?

oh wait we didn't know because the police swept it under the rug

1 person likes this

Posted

Almost as bad as "white hispanic" while doctoring 911 tapes and pixelating police camera videos.

By the way...the two issues have nothing to do with one another, but bias through omission is still bias.

Did Fox News doctor the police reports that said white male?

fireshot-screen-capture-451-www_foxnews_

e: sorta beaten

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not seeing them on American sites.

The interwebs are wide .... world wide.

Posted

The point of my post has nothing to do with racism. There is nothing to suggest that the black kids were acting out of bigotry. Maybe they were who knows. Seem like typical gun toting rednecks to me.

My point is there is some impetus for media sites to treat this case differently because black kids are the shooters. Similarly if a 12 year old pretty blonde goes missing from an upper class neighborhood it is national news while if Shanice goes missing from East LA we don't hear about it. I t goes both ways.

So what is the impetus for MSNBC to hide the picture of the accused in this case?

1) Simple liability issues as someone else stated. Can't release names?

2) Liberal media agenda.

3) A bigger political machine 

What do you think?

FYI 2 of the kids (15,16) are charged as adults and a third (17) is charged as a child.

Still no picture or mention of race

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/20/20102447-2-teens-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-ballplayers-killing-in-oklahoma?lite

Posted

The interwebs are wide .... world wide.

Yeah and American laws aren't, so I think you're missing my point because you sure arent' speaking to it. 

womenz!!! er

1 person likes this

Posted

idk I can turn on my local news channel and hear about the latest black criminals with their images being blasted at viewers constantly on any given day

3 people like this