• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,315 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'm pretty sure NC has had a republican controlled legislature for almost three years now, and Pat Y PROMISED that NC would have a lower unemployment rate than SC by December. I can GUARANTEE you that he won't meet that promise. 

I am fairly certain that the Democrats controlled all of the government of NC in 2008, so based on that logic, they get the blame for all the problems that happened in NC during that time period. 

In fact, Democrats have controlled NC for 140 plus years, so they get all the blame for every bad thing that has happened in NC since 1876. 

:)

#17 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,678 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Pat is just waiting for people to get kicked off unemployment because of the changes they passed.  

#18 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Maybe it's nothing, but I have noticed a distinct lack of job announcements since the MetLife deal in January. There were several major job announcements in 2012. I wonder if things just cooled off or if companies are taking a wait and see approach with NC now. There have been a lot of changes and A LOT of negative press around the social laws that have been pushed through or proposed.

#19 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,748 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Most companies that move are from the north or mid west, are not giant corporations, and are as interested in quality of life for their transferring employees almost as much as any tax or other cost savings. Your average northerner is looking at NC right now and wondering why on earth we want to throw away our less crazy ways of thinking about things in favor of whatever these crazy lawmakers have up their sleeves and appear to be on their way out already.

#20 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,280 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Maybe it's nothing, but I have noticed a distinct lack of job announcements since the MetLife deal in January. There were several major job announcements in 2012. I wonder if things just cooled off or if companies are taking a wait and see approach with NC now. There have been a lot of changes and A LOT of negative press around the social laws that have been pushed through or proposed.

MetLife deal was meh, they are promoting current employees from their other branches and moving them down here, I don't think they plan to hire many locally that would have a huge effect.

#21 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

MetLife deal was meh, they are promoting current employees from their other branches and moving them down here, I don't think they plan to hire many locally that would have a huge effect.

About half their jobs were to be new hires.

Even if it is people moving here, it is still good for the state economy. Those people need to buy homes and will need services that locals provide. Plus I've seen speculation that MetLife may move even more jobs down here if they're happy.

#22 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

It's amazing just how fast McCrory went from being everyones universal pick for next governor to being pretty much universally disliked.

#23 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

It's amazing just how fast McCrory went from being everyones universal pick for next governor to being pretty much universally disliked.

Well he was a very moderate mayor in Charlotte. He ran on that platform when he ran for governor.

He has been anything but moderate. If you want to win a governors seat in NC, you have to be moderate. McCrory will not carry the Charlotte area moderate dems again.

Right now, it is looking pretty likely that he'll be a 1 term governor like Bev. Only way I see him winning a second term is if the Dems run the worst candidate in the history of NC politics.

#24 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,210 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

they gave me 18k more than i was making and i live in Charlotte. facts bro. facts.

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

A old work friend told me some fun stuff.

NCDENR supervisions, at least some of them, got reclassified from "Hired" to "appointed" This allows regional management to be placed and not hired.

Also the Dept of Water Quality has been dismantled and rolled into "Water Resources" they are also laying off 15% of the staff and hiring MORE managers for the reduced staff.

The dumb just keeps on coming.

Third Party 2014!

I voted 3rd party 2012 and look what happened.

Pat = no kids and roots w/duke power

Which means

fug education and yes to lobbyist

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

Well he was a very moderate mayor in Charlotte. He ran on that platform when he ran for governor.

He has been anything but moderate. If you want to win a governors seat in NC, you have to be moderate. McCrory will not carry the Charlotte area moderate dems again.

Right now, it is looking pretty likely that he'll be a 1 term governor like Bev. Only way I see him winning a second term is if the Dems run the worst candidate in the history of NC politics.

This is an opinion I agree with.

#27 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,353 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Do you guys think McCrory is prepping his conservative cred for a run at the White House soon?  Seems to have jumped the gun a bit, but it sounds like he wasn't anything like this as mayor of Charlotte.  I'm not from NC so I know nothing of your politics.

#28 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

Do you guys think McCrory is prepping his conservative cred for a run at the White House soon?  Seems to have jumped the gun a bit, but it sounds like he wasn't anything like this as mayor of Charlotte.  I'm not from NC so I know nothing of your politics.

Wisconsin's Gov. Walker is being touted by some in the GOP/TP as a viable candidate, and McCrory seems to be setting himself up as a viable alternative. 

I'm sure the TPers are loving what he has done since becoming NC governor.  He is certainly garnering more than his fair share of national attention.  I suspect something close to 50% of the population will prefer McCrory to Hillary or whoever else the democrats nominate. 

All this GOP/TP gerrymandering, efforts to limit people's right to vote and "dark money" are aimed at taking back the White House and Senate. The Republicans have given up trying to win over voters with new ideas, they have gone back to the tried and true tactics of Jim Crow laws.

#29 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

they gave me 18k more than i was making and i live in Charlotte. facts bro. facts.

Nice! Was wondering where your new job was. Congrats and best of luck.

#30 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

I don't really think McCrory is a part of the presidential material club.  He has a bachelors from Catawba College. No graduate level education.

Not saying that would necessarily disqualify him since others are from similar backgrounds (Reagan, Johnson), but he doesn't have the name recognition/personality that Reagan did and he's not going to luck into office through resignation like Johnson.

To be president, you have to be a part of the good ol boys club, whether you are republican or democrat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.