4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

http://notredame.247...tre-Dame-145018

One of the best Charlotte prospects in a while. According to reports it was down to ND and UNC. 

I've read a few SR on him and many "experts" believe he is going to transition better as a LB in college. Maybe he wants to stay at RB and Notre Dame was going to try and switch him? 

UNC have some good RB prospects on the roster but Hood would certainly have an excellent chance at starting in Chapel Hill and probably wouldn't have to beat out the talent that ND has. 

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,715 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Wants to stay closer to home according to newscasts

#3 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

That's fuging huge.

#4 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Really wished he would have stuck with ND...Catholic players have been pretty meh at UNC but hopefully he can change that

And when I say catholic I mean the hIgh school specificly

#5 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,756 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ugh I'd hate it if another Cougar went to UNC

#6 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hope this turns out as good as a certain other RB who decommitted from ND to become a heel.

Mark Seidel ‏@MarkSeidelWFNZ 1m
A lot of chatter that Elijah Hood has already informed the staff at UNC that he will be coming there...we shall see sooner than later.

A Hood Logan duo would be Filthy 

Last years 3AA state championship the 2 combined for 662 yards rushing and 10 TD's

#7 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

please do not sleep on Romar Morris. but this is huge, NC has a lot of talent in state. but most leave and go play some where else, so keeping talent in state is always a good thing.

#8 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

please do not sleep on Romar Morris. but this is huge, NC has a lot of talent in state. but most leave and go play some where else, so keeping talent in state is always a good thing.

Agree w/ this. 

Still, if Hood comes to UNC, and it's looking that way, he is going to contend for the starting RB next year. 

Like I said, UNC is certainly the top FB program in the state and nabbing 2 of the top prospects in the state including the #1 overall player is just a testament to this. Having a loaded a backfield will certainly help Marquise Williams or the VHT QB coming in to replace Renner next season. 

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hope this turns out as good as a certain other RB who decommitted from ND to become a heel.

Mark Seidel ‏@MarkSeidelWFNZ 1m
A lot of chatter that Elijah Hood has already informed the staff at UNC that he will be coming there...we shall see sooner than later.

A Hood Logan duo would be Filthy 

Last years 3AA state championship the 2 combined for 662 yards rushing and 10 TD's

Seidel is considered the "recruiting guru" on WFNZ and contributes to independent sources aside from WFNZ, but that isn't saying much. Any dude can sit behind a computer and pay for premium access to recruiting websites and form his own opinion on what's going to happen. I've never seen or heard about Seidel having any legitimate link to players/coaches other than piggy backing what other "insiders" have to say. He is a Carolina fan though. Just keep in mind that he's the same dude who was convinced that Wiggins was headed to CH a few months ago. 

#10 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Agree w/ this. 

Still, if Hood comes to UNC, and it's looking that way, he is going to contend for the starting RB next year. 

Like I said, UNC is certainly the top FB program in the state and nabbing 2 of the top prospects in the state including the #1 overall player is just a testament to this. Having a loaded a backfield will certainly help Marquise Williams or the VHT QB coming in to replace Renner next season. 

that will make one of the deepest backfields in college football.you would have 2 bruisers and 2 speed guys. but keeping the top talent in the state would be huge for UNC, State, Duke and whoever i didnt mention.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

that will make one of the deepest backfields in college football.you would have 2 bruisers and 2 speed guys. but keeping the top talent in the state would be huge for UNC, State, Duke and whoever i didnt mention.

With ECU moving up (sorta) and Charlotte and App joining FBS, I think we'll see more home grown football talent stay in the state. The very top talent will likely continue to be poached by the SEC, but there are simply more options now than there used to be for in-state guys.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

With ECU moving up (sorta) and Charlotte and App joining FBS, I think we'll see more home grown football talent stay in the state. The very top talent will likely continue to be poached by the SEC, but there are simply more options now than there used to be for in-state guys.

Charlotte HS FB is criminally underrated. It's like basketball in Canada especially in the Toronto area. UNC nabbing Hood along with Spain would be incredible because it rarely happens. 

When was the last time the #1 NC prospect committed to an in-state school? 

There's a pretty damn good prep QB right up the street from me in Davidson who is headed to UF next year. Do you think he truly considered UNC or NCSU? The answer is no

#13 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

The love of my life is back. Hadn't heard from you in a long time.

Let's go have coffee!

Edited by rayzor, 23 August 2013 - 06:20 PM.
watch yourself.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

The love of my life is back. Hadn't heard from you in a long time.

Let's go have coffee!

play nice.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Last night Charlotte Catholic beat Gonzaga 35-28 due to 325 rushing yards and five touchdowns on 37 carries by Elijah Hood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com