67 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

"At this point anything is an option," Rivera said following Tuesday's practice. "What you're hoping is you can get him on the football field and we'll see once the doctor gets a chance to look at him."

Stewart, who's battling back from surgery on both ankles, is continuing to work with trainers on the side but is keeping a close eye on the plays being run during practice.

He has yet to practice with the team.

Rivera said the sixth-year NFL running back will meet with team physicians soon — though he isn't sure exactly when — to determine if he's close to being ready to return to the practice field.

DeAngelo Williams has been taking reps with the first team and rookie Kenjon Barner has seen increased action in his absence.

As for the Sept. 8 season opener against Seattle, Rivera doesn't know what to expect.

"You'd love to have him but we'll have to wait and see how it goes," Rivera said. "It's going to take a little time."

Stewart has turned down several interview requests to talk about his injury. He has battled ankle, foot and toe problems since entering the league as a first-round draft pick out of Oregon in 2008.

And while Stewart takes some good-natured ribbing from teammates for all of the practice time he's missed through the years — he's sat out much more than he's practiced — he was pretty reliable up until last season when it came to playing games.

He'd played in 71 of 73 games in his career prior to landing on injured reserve the final seven games of last season with what the team described as a high ankle sprain.

Stewart said at the start of training camp he had surgery on both ankles earlier this offseason but didn't give a timetable for his return.

I never knew he had surgery on BOTH ankles in the off season, thank you so much Hurney for not putting a injury clause in NONE of the contracts. To be honest with you, I'm ready to move on from D-will and Stewart, and I think Gettle will make drastic changes to our backfield next year.

http://pro32.ap.org/...art-will-return

#2 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

how annoying

#3 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

God dammit.....

#4 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,147 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Does this really surprise anyone?  I love Stewart but this is getting like one of those bad marriages you can't get out of. 

#5 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Smh

#6 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Sounds to me like whoever wrote this is making a mountain out of a mole hill from Rivera's comments.

In regards to PUP.

#7 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

This season is priming itself to be the Kenjon Barner show at RB.

Stewart will continue the tradition of freshly extended big contract Hurney players taking 2 years off, DeAngelo will once again look like poo for ten games while people complain he isn't being utilized properly, and string together 2 or 3 good 70 yard performances towards the end of the season and everybody will act like he's as talented as fuging AP, Tolbert's just Tolbert, and the only other guy holding it down with Cam to move the chains on handoffs for most of the season will be Fresh Legs Kenjon. Coincidentally our least expensive back will be our best option, and at the end of the season, in horrific fashion, panther fans will clamor for his top-5 level salary extension and at the same time rip him for not being as talented as DWill ( and continue to obsess over DWill, DWill, DWill) with posts so horrific my brain will blue screen and I will spend the entire offseason in a sedated coma

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

Sounds to me like whoever wrote this is making a mountain out of a mole from Rivera's comments.

In regards to PUP.

Steve Reed is responsible for this report. 

#9 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,277 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

Pack it in.

Between the Philly debacle and this, its looking more and more like 1-15.

I hate this forum because of the following 1837372727 pages.

#10 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Steve Reed is responsible for this report.

If there was a quote in the article from Rivera where he directly mentioned PUP, i missed it.

#11 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,401 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

i'm not even slightly surprised by this

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,454 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

If there was a quote in the article from Rivera where he directly mentioned PUP, i missed it.

I suppose he was asked if Stewart would be placed on the PUP list, and he probably said he wouldn't rule it out. 

#13 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,831 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

tumblr_mjgzmjA1pH1rn3kl9o1_500.gif

#14 FattyFatFat

FattyFatFat

Buddhist Monk